TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
pjw73nh

After update, Premiere HD XL Loses buffer

I am having an issue with my Tivo Premiere XL HD unit. It has been functioning fine until sometime last week when I received some kind of update. Here is what it does.

When watching (for example) channel 809. I have scrolled back 25 minutes into the buffer (6:10 pm) and am currently watching the buffered channel. A news show is scheduled to begin recording at 6:30 pm on the same channel. When 6:30 rolls around, the 6:30 news begins to display on the TV (and is recording) regardless of where I am in the buffer, I have lost all the buffer from the previous show. The pointer goes RIGHT to 6:30 on the green bar, and there is no buffer behind it.

I have done this nightly for several months. It was never like this before. I was always able to continue viewing the buffer regardless of what was recording.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
pjw73nh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
Arcady
Stargate Fan

It sounds like the same problem people with Premieres started having after the fall update. What is the version number of your TiVo software?

Also, if you watch that show every night, why don't you just set up a season pass for it?
Two TiVo Minis

Left DirecTV 4/15/07. Left TWC 8/8/11. Now on Comcast Xfinity.
Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:00 PM   #3
pjw73nh

I don't want a season pass for it. It's not THAT important. I watch it when I am home at that time of the day. Otherwise if I am not home, I don't want to watch it. It's daily news and only interests me if it's current (that day).

My software version is: 20.2.2.1-01-2-748

Thanks
Old 12-16-2012, 11:41 PM   #4
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

I am very annoyed by this too, I hope TiVo will consider it a bug in the Fall SW, and not a new Feature.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:12 AM   #5
Arcady
Stargate Fan

Yeah, that's the same version that I've seen doing this behavior. No way to fix that I know of, other than TiVo updating the software to fix it.

You could always set a season pass to keep one episode and then you'd get around the problem and never have a now playing list that's clogged up with unwatched episodes.
Two TiVo Minis

Left DirecTV 4/15/07. Left TWC 8/8/11. Now on Comcast Xfinity.
Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:45 AM   #6
Davisadm
TiVo is Back!!!!!!!!

This is what I due for several local news programs. Been doing that for several years. Nice, in that I I can watch (or listen) tho the news when I am doing something else.

Of course, that is not an excuse for the bug in the software update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcady View Post
You could always set a season pass to keep one episode and then you'd get around the problem and never have a now playing list that's clogged up with unwatched episodes.

Davisadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:57 PM   #7
pjw73nh

I am so fed up with this issue !!!!!! I just chatted with Tivo support.

This is the answer I received.

"Janee: This is actually a change that went intentionally in to place with our last software update. At this point it is an expected behavior for the buffer on live TV to be lost when something on the same channel begins to record. I understand this is a frustrating change and I would be more than happy to pass along your feedback to our engineers. "

What a crock of excrement !!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2013, 10:24 PM   #8
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjw73nh View Post
I am so fed up with this issue !!!!!! I just chatted with Tivo support.

This is the answer I received.

"Janee: This is actually a change that went intentionally in to place with our last software update. At this point it is an expected behavior for the buffer on live TV to be lost when something on the same channel begins to record. I understand this is a frustrating change and I would be more than happy to pass along your feedback to our engineers. "

What a crock of excrement !!!!!!!
My guess is this behavior has something to do with the support for the Mini.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote