TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #1
skatze

Premiere 4 keeps rebooting

Out of the blue, our tivo Premiere started to reboot constantly. Bought replacement Premiere and still keeps rebooting following and/or during downloads. Bought Premiere 4 and that keeps rebooting. Have tried Moca as well as ethernet. Something dealing with the data signal is causing the issue. Determined this after elimination process: 1) connect cable only and no reboots. Also brought both TiVo Premiere and Premiere 4 to other residence and no reboots. Not sure what to do!

I've tried using ethernet only and tivos reboot usually when in the network connection process where one connects and then downloads. It will either get to 43% and then reboot or finish and then reboot after startup. I checked power using line conditioner and it's not a power issue. I replaced the 5-1000 splitter with a 5-1200 splitter. But, no difference.

Does anyone have any idea? Using ethernet or moca I still have same issues!

Thanks!
skatze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
skatze

Is there not anyone out there that can help me?
Old 05-01-2013, 03:24 PM   #3
MeInDallas

I dont know if this will help you, but some people have had really good luck putting the Tivo on a UPS like you put your computer on. If you have one already for your computer, you might just switch it over to the Tivo for awhile and see what happens.
MeInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #4
MeInDallas

You might also read some of this thread too:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=485145
MeInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
shamilian

try a clear and delete everything.

be careful during the setup process if there are multiple choices for your cable provider.

you may also try a new cablecard.
shamilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:49 PM   #6
skatze

Smile Premiere 4 reboot issue solved

Despite the amazingly poor response to my dilemma, through seemingly endless troubleshooting, I was finally able to fix the reboot issue:

Both the Premiere 4 and Premiere in my boss' home consistently rebooted everytime while connecting and downloading data...everytime. When I disconnected the data connection, the reboots stopped immediately. I had tried both the MOCA and lan connections, so I wasn't sure whether the issue was possibly a line signal issue with Comcast or an actual internet connection issue. As it turned out, it was Comcast's cable modem/phone combo that was the problem. As soon as I replaced the cable modem/phone combo with a stand-alone cable modem, the reboots stopped. Even though the internet connection appeared to be fine with desktop and laptop/tablet/phone connections, both tivos constantly rebooted. Now, after replacing the combo with a stand-alone cable modem, tivo life could not be easier!