TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-29-2013, 11:03 AM   #1
joy_division

tivos no longer see each other

I have a Tivo HD and a Tivo Premiere, with with lifetime. Just 2 weeks ago, when I wanted transfer a recording from Premiere to HD, the Premiere wasn't listed in the Now Playing option. Same with the other way around (although it showed with a red exclamation point and said it couldn't connect or was unavailable).

Both connect out fine to the Tivo service, I rebooted both, signal strength is good, and in my account on tivo.com it shows as shareable.

I have FIOS with that Actiontec router, but I have made no changes to any settings on it, but could there be some blocking going on with it?

I have transferred shows all the time up to this problem 2 weeks ago.

Any ideas for me to try?
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
celtic pride

I have 2 tivo premieres with verizon fios and have them both wired up on ethernet powerline adapters,and sometimes 1 of my tivos doesnt see the other when i want to transfer or stream a program. The only solution i know of is to restart the tivo i want to watch the program on ,after i do that i usally can see my other tivo fine. When i called tivo about this issue they recommended i buy a tivo wireless adapter but they cost between $65.00 and $89.00 for one but i decided not to buy one until i'm positive i'm staying with verizon. And if i do stay with verizon i'll look into getting the tivo premiere 4 with MOCA or better yet the rumored new 6 tuner tivo later this year.
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
chazas

Yes. Reboot your router (turn it off for 30 seconds, then back on). If that doesn't work try rebooting your router and your Tivo's as simultaneously as possible. Usually this works for me.
chazas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:30 PM   #4
tatergator1

One recommendation would be to set fixed IP address for each Tivo and see if that helps.

I have seen this issue intermittently as well with my Premiere and Series 2 DT. The Series 2DT is always showing on the Premiere, but the Premiere is often missing from the Series 2DT. I used fixed IP's and the solution I've found that avoids rebooting the router or the Tivo is to go into network settings on the Tivo, change my fixed IP by one digit and have the Tivo re-negotiate with the router for that IP. Then, immediately repeat the process, returning the Fixed IP back to what is always is and re-negotiate with the router. This always brings my Premiere back into the Series 2DT menu.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #5
joy_division

Thanks everyone. Tonight I will try tatergator1's suggestion then reboot the router if unsuccessful.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:22 PM   #6
tatergator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
Thanks everyone. Tonight I will try tatergator1's suggestion then reboot the router if unsuccessful.
I should add that after changing to fixed IP's, a reboot cycle of each Tivo is probably a good idea to make sure everything is on the same page.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:46 AM   #7
joy_division

ok, I had to reboot the router.
When I went to change the network setting on the tivo, it could not connect to the network, so I went to the router, and coincidentally the router had a big red/orange light on that button thingy and my pc could no longer connect to the internet.

So, maybe my router was in need of a reboot, but like I said initially, the tivos coul not connect for 2 weeks, but I had no other internet connection issues.

thanks.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:34 PM   #8
Richard Cranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
ok, I had to reboot the router.
When I went to change the network setting on the tivo, it could not connect to the network, so I went to the router, and coincidentally the router had a big red/orange light on that button thingy and my pc could no longer connect to the internet.

So, maybe my router was in need of a reboot, but like I said initially, the tivos coul not connect for 2 weeks, but I had no other internet connection issues.

thanks.
It's your MSO's fault!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Richard Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote