Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #61
Lori
Social Defective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill View Post
Elvis Duran on Kathie Lee & Hoda just indicated Glee premiere will be pushed back to possibly November. Dunno where he got his info though.
I would have guessed longer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is not the size of our army that shall lead us to victory. It is the undeniable righteousness of our cause... "--JAB
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #62
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
Jane Lynch is scheduled to be on Leno this week. Could be an interesting interview.
Except for the fact that the interviewer is Leno....

"of course, you are 100% correct" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #63
JohnB1000

Skimmed the thread but why are we assuming he will be killed off. He could just have left for any number of other reasons.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #64
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
Skimmed the thread but why are we assuming he will be killed off. He could just have left for any number of other reasons.
The Finn-Rachel relationship is the centerpiece of the show, and -- oddly, for such a large ensemble -- Finn is arguably the most important character. If they try to shuffle him off quietly it just won't play dramatically, and that's not even considering the hyper-awareness that Glee fans have of Monteith's death.
cmontyburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #65
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

I'm all for free speech but these people make me sick...

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/westboro-ba...140119597.html
Old 07-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #66
JohnB1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmontyburns View Post
The Finn-Rachel relationship is the centerpiece of the show, and -- oddly, for such a large ensemble -- Finn is arguably the most important character. If they try to shuffle him off quietly it just won't play dramatically, and that's not even considering the hyper-awareness that Glee fans have of Monteith's death.
But he was shuffled off once before. If it was me that's exactly what I would do. He rejoins the Army, or gets a job in another country. All the fans will know the truth and you don't have to create a potentially uncomfortable situation.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #67
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
But he was shuffled off once before. If it was me that's exactly what I would do. He rejoins the Army, or gets a job in another country. All the fans will know the truth and you don't have to create a potentially uncomfortable situation.
There's a difference between being moved to the background for a few episodes, and being written out.
cmontyburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #68
Tracy
Truly

I predict that Finn dies from some sort of accident that has nothing to do with drugs or drunk driving. I like the idea posted earlier of the show starting with Finn's funeral, but we see it in a montage to a sad song. Images of people in black hugging each other, a casket, a picture of Finn, people speaking at the funeral (but we don't hear what they are saying) and then the drive to the cemetery, etc. Maybe we see a newspaper on a car seat with an article about the accident. At the very end we cut to see Rachel, in NYC. She is sitting on a couch in her loft between her two dads. She was too upset to go to the funeral. She looks strained and tired, but hard--as if this death has caused her to close off. Her dads exchange a worried look. The camera pans to a photo of Finn and Rachel on a shelf. They are performing in some competition. The camera zooms in and the picture begins moving and we see a sequence of Finn's vocal performances and memorable moments from the show. At the end, a still shot of his smiling face and a note acknowledging the loss of the actor.

Rachel's storyline can be very focused on work and school. People are concerned about her. Two-thirds of the way in to the season, she can break down and deal with Finn's death. The actress should be ready by then.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #69
cheerdude
Reed & Juliet's CPA

Any other couple... I can see that. But being that this was your real-life fiance and not just your acting partner, it would be tough.
cheerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:03 PM   #70
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Autopsy In

death caused by mix of heroin and alcohol

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/16/showbi...ead/index.html

jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:05 PM   #71
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
Autopsy In

death caused by mix of heroin and alcohol

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/16/showbi...ead/index.html
I just knew heroin was involved. My friend has almost died at least a couple times, and if you're alone and you OD, you are not going to survive it.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:29 PM   #72
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerdude View Post
Any other couple... I can see that. But being that this was your real-life fiance and not just your acting partner, it would be tough.
Not to pick on you but it is called acting for a reason. Much of it is very tough. Emotional. Women who braved breast cancer have acted it out. Actors have lost loved ones and acted it out.

We cannot put our personal lives on par with what actors do. They hide pain. They display pain.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:30 PM   #73
GoPackGo

That seems quicker than most celeb autopsies. Is it because he was in Canada and not in Hollywood?
GoPackGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:40 PM   #74
YCantAngieRead
Not Entirely Current

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
Not to pick on you but it is called acting for a reason. Much of it is very tough. Emotional. Women who braved breast cancer have acted it out. Actors have lost loved ones and acted it out.

We cannot put our personal lives on par with what actors do. They hide pain. They display pain.
It's TOUGH. And method actors do that by design-find something extremely painful to connect with to make a good show. By the same token, you have to disconnect from that pain or go nuts.

I have seen the go nuts thing many, many times.

My personal opinion is in two months, she SHOULD be able to do whatever is necessary. Whether or not she has the acting chops to do it, is another story. And of course, at the same time, no one should FORCE her to do anything.

Acting is hard. Extremely hard. I wanted more than anything to be good at it. But nope.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #75
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
I would love for the storyline to include Rachel dying with Finn in an accident. That solves two problems with Glee. Maybe three.

dswallow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:56 PM   #76
Lori
Social Defective

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCantAngieRead View Post
My personal opinion is in two months, she SHOULD be able to do whatever is necessary. Whether or not she has the acting chops to do it, is another story. And of course, at the same time, no one should FORCE her to do anything.
And the other component is if we want to watch her do it. I really, really don't. It feels voyeuristic and exploitative.

It's why I don't like reality TV.

"It is not the size of our army that shall lead us to victory. It is the undeniable righteousness of our cause... "--JAB
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:55 AM   #77
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCantAngieRead View Post

My personal opinion is in two months, she SHOULD be able to do whatever is necessary.
I can't even express how strongly I disagree with this.
Two months is nothing when your entire world has been rocked.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #78
YCantAngieRead
Not Entirely Current

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill View Post
I can't even express how strongly I disagree with this.
Two months is nothing when your entire world has been rocked.
But that is acting. The things I've seen real actors do...it's mind blowing. I'm saying a good actor could do it. No one should force her, but a good actor puts themselves in that painful situation every time they go on stage to do a tough part. Trust me. It's draining and horrible and cleansing.

As far as it being voyeuristic, that is a decision the producers should be making.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:13 AM   #79
YCantAngieRead
Not Entirely Current

By the way, as a former theatre writer and director, if I were writing this, I would write a very, very small part for her-one that perhaps she doesn't even have to speak or be shown up close, and then write her off for a couple more months, if she desires.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:20 AM   #80
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

I'm in the camp that thinks they'll address it on the show. If Lea Michelle can handle it they'll do a funeral scene. If she can't, they'll probably have stunned students in school saying things like "it's not the same around here without him."
Old 07-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #81
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I can just see Will giving the students the assignment to let out their grief through song.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:01 PM   #82
Azlen

The season premiere will probably be Glee's highest rated show. People will want to see how they handle it. I'm also guessing that no matter what they do, someone will be critical of it. There is no perfect solution here.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #83
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
The season premiere will probably be Glee's highest rated show.
I doubt it. In the first season Glee was getting over 12 million viewers an episode and pushing above a 4.5 in the 18-49's. Now it's down to about 5 million and sub 2.0 ratings. I think the media is overestimating the show and actors popularity.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #84
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
I can just see Will giving the students the assignment to let out their grief through song.
This weeks assignment is grief.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:07 PM   #85
mattack

Reading this thread, I was thinking of "I'll Stand By You".. Looking up more lyrics, guess the words aren't appropriate.. I was thinking it would be one of the songs they'd sing.. Though I guess it could be one of the other Glee members singing it to Rachel in her grief..
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:25 AM   #86
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Reading this thread, I was thinking of "I'll Stand By You".. Looking up more lyrics, guess the words aren't appropriate.. I was thinking it would be one of the songs they'd sing.. Though I guess it could be one of the other Glee members singing it to Rachel in her grief..
Already done on Glee -- by Finn, season 1, episode 10. It was one he did when he still thought Quinn's baby was his.

One they haven't done yet that would be good for Rachel would be "I'll Cover You (Reprise)" from the musical Rent. It's the song that Tom Collins sings at Angel's funeral. (I can't say I thought about it... someone elsewhere on the internet suggested it, but it's a good suggestion.) Unfortunately, it would be damn near impossible to sing without breaking down - it's a really moving song.
LoadStar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:51 AM   #87
danterner
Not it!

The one that keeps going through my head is Randy Newman's "Texas Girl at the Funeral of her Father." The King's Singer's have a great a cappella arrangement.
| Twitter:

Last edited by danterner : 07-19-2013 at 07:26 AM.
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:47 AM   #88
aindik

It's trite at this point but have they done I Will Remember You?
aindik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #89
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

With Hagman on Dallas they had a contingency plan in case of his death since his health was weak.

Not sure if they same was done for Montieth for being an addict.

My blog:
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #90
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
With Hagman on Dallas they had a contingency plan in case of his death since his health was weak.

Not sure if they same was done for Montieth for being an addict.
Probably not for death. But as he had already taken leave for rehab, it would have been foolish to not at least talk about him going missing again.