TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Nashville "I'll Never Get Out of This World Alive" (5/22/13, Spoilers)

Ok, I know we have the "anyone still watching" thread, but it technically isn't tagged as a spoiler zone, so I figured I'd start a thread for this week's episode.

Ok, that wasn't the actual CMAs, but either they got the actual set pieces from the 2012 CMAs or built exact replicas. The only thing they got wrong was that the triangle steps were center stage, not in front of the "performance" stages. (The other nice touch was that they got Carrie Underwood, one of the real hosts of the 2012 CMAs, to do the voice-over introduction.) It certainly was a pretty convincing reproduction, that's for sure.

I really liked Juliette's CMA dress.

Why the hell didn't Coleman go through Deacon's place while he was out cold and dump the booze?

Well, that Deacon's behavior certainly explains why Rayna didn't want him around Maddie. It also explains her comment about "breaking every stick of furniture."

Huh. For rumors that seemed to indicate a loud explosion, that certainly wasn't. Although, I suppose that they might have used some sort of a pyrotechnic charge to get the car to flip, then edited that out, and the charge was what they were referring to. The other potential is that they said that there would be a big explosion to make sure people would stay away, so they would not be able to reveal the big ending to the episode.

Last edited by LoadStar : 05-23-2013 at 12:04 PM. Reason: CMA, not GMA. D'oh.
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #2
Jonathan_S

Deacon really melted down. On the one hand I can see how much it sucks to have something like that hidden from you. On the other, no wonder Reyna didn't want to try raising a kid with him - especially since he'd failed to get and stay sober at least 4 times before.

I do wonder specifically what the US Attorneys' guy wanted to talk to (whats'er name; Reyna's sister) about? Yeah, about Teddy[Lamar], but what? Are they also digging into how the first investigation "went away"? Be kind of ironic if Teddy set them on the Mayor but ended up getting taken down because he pissed off his daughter.

Last edited by Jonathan_S : 05-28-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Jonathan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:09 PM   #3
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_S View Post
I do wonder specifically what the US Attorneys' guy wanted to talk to (whats'er name; Reyna's sister) about? Yeah, about Teddy, but what? Are they also digging into how the first investigation "went away"? Be kind of ironic if Teddy set them on the Mayor but ended up getting taken down because he pissed off his daughter.
I think that's going to be some of the drama. If this was all gone away, who made the call to the DoJ to get it brought back up again? Coleman seems like a fairly decent fellow, I don't think it was him, and I don't see it being Lamar either (since the blowback would affect Rayna as well). Peggy says that she was the one who was contacted, not the other way around, although she's not the most trustworthy person. My guess: it was Coleman's wife that made the call. I suppose that even though they came looking for her at the end, it still could be Tandy, which could cement a rift between Tandy, Lamar, and Rayna.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #4
Ereth

My recording cut off just after Gunner showed the ring to Scarlett. What happened after that?

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #5
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth View Post
My recording cut off just after Gunner showed the ring to Scarlett. What happened after that?
Rayna continued driving off with Deacon, arguing back and forth. He pulled out his bottle of liquor, and she attempted to take it away from him. This distracted her, causing her to run a stop sign and almost t-bone a crossing car. Swerving to avoid the car, the truck containing Rayna and Deacon tumbles a few times before finally landing in a ditch.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #6
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

When deacon falls off the wagon, he falls HARD.

Juliette wins the award. I thought Reyna would win.

I too wondered about the "big boom". It was either a dodge, or it referred to whatever it is they do to make a big SUV flip over.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:41 AM   #7
Jon J
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
Rayna continued driving off with Deacon, arguing back and forth. He pulled out his bottle of liquor, and she attempted to take it away from him. This distracted her, causing her to run a stop sign and almost t-bone a crossing car. Swerving to avoid the car, the truck containing Rayna and Deacon tumbles a few times before finally landing in a ditch.
Oddly, the intersection where the wreck was announced would take place doesn't really have stop signs but rather has a fully functioning traffic signal. Check it on Google Earth...intersection of Lealand Lane and Battlefield Drive.

Last edited by Jon J : 05-24-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Jon J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:06 AM   #8
Ereth

Quote:
Thank you. They were setting up for that with the scenes prior so I kind of guessed, but didn't know for sure.

I assume Scarlett did not give an answer to Gunners proposal?

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #9
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Thank you. They were setting up for that with the scenes prior so I kind of guessed, but didn't know for sure.

I assume Scarlett did not give an answer to Gunners proposal?
Nope, unless a "deer in the headlights" look is an answer.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:21 AM   #10
Ereth

As expected, set up the cliffhanger for next season. But thanks, I wanted to be sure.

I can't imagine her saying "yes" under those circumstances.

I CAN imagine them killing off Deacon in the car wreck, to provide us more angst over the reveal of Maddies parentage, but it also would allow them a cleanup for the stories in the press. I hope they don't. I always liked Chip Easton on "Whose Line" and his acting here (as "Charles Easton") has been really good. Deacon is a seriously flawed character, and I like that it never feels like a parody.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #11
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
I CAN imagine them killing off Deacon in the car wreck, to provide us more angst over the reveal of Maddies parentage, but it also would allow them a cleanup for the stories in the press. I hope they don't. I always liked Chip Easton on "Whose Line" and his acting here (as "Charles Easton") has been really good. Deacon is a seriously flawed character, and I like that it never feels like a parody.
A possibility, yes. Likely? I don't think so. He's been too involved in the plot lines (and the two main characters.) I think this just sets up more angst between Rayna and him. True lovers who belong together, but fate seems to keep apart. (Sort of like the Thornbirds, maybe.)

Deacon, obviously had an open container in the car so there is door for that to become an issue if they want. I don't think Rayna was drinking so they won't find alcohol in her blood.
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:39 AM   #12
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_S View Post
I do wonder specifically what the US Attorneys' guy wanted to talk to (whats'er name; Reyna's sister) about? Yeah, about Teddy, but what? Are they also digging into how the first investigation "went away"? Be kind of ironic if Teddy set them on the Mayor but ended up getting taken down because he pissed off his daughter.
I think you mean Lamar. Teddy is the mayor. Lamar, Rayna's dad. I definitely got the feeling that they were secretly going after Lamar rather then Teddy there at the end.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:46 AM   #13
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Ok, that wasn't the actual CMAs, but either they got the actual set pieces from the 2012 CMAs or built exact replicas. The only thing they got wrong was that the triangle steps were center stage, not in front of the "performance" stages. (The other nice touch was that they got Carrie Underwood, one of the real hosts of the 2012 CMAs, to do the voice-over introduction.) It certainly was a pretty convincing reproduction, that's for sure.
I would think country music in general is thrilled with the show. It has to help all aspects of their business. The sets could obviously be copied, but no reason to not let them use it to make it appear authentic. Likewise having Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley participate to give it the feel of reality.

So they did say that Brad Paisley and Rayna sang a duet on Rayna's soon to be released album, yes? Was this the first that was mentioned? Is this the album that she was working on with Liam McGuinnis? It seems that they had only worked on a track or two and then Rayna blew him off and hooked up with Deacon.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #14
Jon J
Curmudgeon

There's considerable local talk that the show may move production to Los Angeles if they don't get more significant financial concessions to stay here. It's also rumored that Britton wants to move home to LA. They've built a number of sets like the Bluebird that could just be moved and they've got lots of cover shots from this season. The odds of their staying seems to be about 50/50 now.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #15
Jonathan_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
I think you mean Lamar. Teddy is the mayor. Lamar, Rayna's dad. I definitely got the feeling that they were secretly going after Lamar rather then Teddy there at the end.
Oops, yeah I got the names mixed up
Old 08-08-2013, 07:09 PM   #16
janry

Quote:
I CAN imagine them killing off Deacon in the car wreck, to provide us more angst over the reveal of Maddies parentage, but it also would allow them a cleanup for the stories in the press.
I'm hearing the actor is moving to Nashville so I bet he lives on unless he is going to enter the country music scene for real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon J View Post
There's considerable local talk that the show may move production to Los Angeles if they don't get more significant financial concessions to stay here. It's also rumored that Britton wants to move home to LA. They've built a number of sets like the Bluebird that could just be moved and they've got lots of cover shots from this season. The odds of their staying seems to be about 50/50 now.
Of course we know now the show is staying in Nashville for at least one more season. We've seen them on location nearby over the past couple of weeks.
janry is offline   Reply With Quote