TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-29-2013, 06:21 PM   #1
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

"Glee" -- Done for 2013??

Is "Glee" done for 2013? Seems like it's been a few weeks since I have seen an episode on my TiVo.

Spoiler:
IIRC, the last one I saw was where they won the sectionals (or was it regionals?) that were hosted at McKinley High. I think this episode also involved Brittney being deemed super smart by MIT and Unique coming out as the "Catfisher"

Did I miss an episode somehow? Or was that it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsmeeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Yes, the season is over, and that was the last one.
cmontyburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #3
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

hmm.. OK.. Anti climactic.

Spoiler:
I thought they would go off to nationals or something. Did Rachel get the part? I am having a hard time remembering

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:39 PM   #4
Lori
Social Defective

Spoiler:
None of that was resolved. Nationals is going to happen next year, if at all. Same with Rachel...

I wonder what would have happened if they hadn't had to write Cory Monteith out on such short notice.

"It is not the size of our army that shall lead us to victory. It is the undeniable righteousness of our cause... "--JAB
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:59 PM   #5
TriBruin

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori View Post
Spoiler:
None of that was resolved. Nationals is going to happen next year, if at all. Same with Rachel...

I wonder what would have happened if they hadn't had to write Cory Monteith out on such short notice.
Since we are hiding this:

Spoiler:
This is the first year that the TV Season has not corresponded to the School Year. I actually thought they would lose at Regionals since it was the season finale. I wonder how they are going to break up the season next year, or do they drag the whole season out to finish the school year. It does eliminate the issue with more characters graduating.

TriBruin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #6
Lori
Social Defective

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriBruin View Post
Since we are hiding this:

Spoiler:
This is the first year that the TV Season has not corresponded to the School Year. I actually thought they would lose at Regionals since it was the season finale. I wonder how they are going to break up the season next year, or do they drag the whole season out to finish the school year. It does eliminate the issue with more characters graduating.
Spoiler:

Well, I don't know that anyone knows what Ryan Murphy has in mind for next year. For all we know, they'll have Nationals in space. In the past. And they'll all be turtles.

"It is not the size of our army that shall lead us to victory. It is the undeniable righteousness of our cause... "--JAB
Old 05-29-2013, 09:44 PM   #7
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
Is "Glee" done for 2013? Seems like it's been a few weeks since I have seen an episode on my TiVo.

Spoiler:
IIRC, the last one I saw was where they won the sectionals (or was it regionals?) that were hosted at McKinley High. I think this episode also involved Brittney being deemed super smart by MIT and Unique coming out as the "Catfisher"

Did I miss an episode somehow? Or was that it?

epguides.com is a good place to answer questions like this
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:46 PM   #8
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Spoiler:

Well, I don't know that anyone knows what Ryan Murphy has in mind for next year. For all we know, they'll have Nationals in space. In the past. And they'll all be turtles.

Spoiler:

Does Murphy?

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:11 AM   #9
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Terrible... http://tv.yahoo.com/news/cory-montei...us-weekly.html
Old 07-14-2013, 07:17 AM   #10
Cainebj

pretty shocking.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:18 AM   #11
TampaThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakzie View Post
Wow. So sad.
TampaThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #12
Lori
Social Defective

I don't see how Glee continues.

I mean, I'm sure they will. They have a 2-season pickup after all.

But I'm not sure how they do it.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #13
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Quote:

Well since the Finn character was out of school and they are kind of an ensemble cast I think they can keep going. I'm sure they will put Finn's death in the story somehow though..
Old 07-14-2013, 12:59 PM   #14
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

Quote:
Well since the Finn character was out of school and they are kind of an ensemble cast I think they can keep going. I'm sure they will put Finn's death in the story somehow though..
Exactly. I think the only major change needed for Season 5 is, if they had planned on storylines at Lima University with Finn and possibly Puck, those are now in the trash. The only thing this really messes up is any future plan with Finn taking over the glee club from Will, but there are plenty of ways around that.
That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #15
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

Quote:

?

The TV Show will be just fine.
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #16
Cainebj

does anyone know if they have already started shooting the next season?
Old 07-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #17
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
I'm pretty sure it has not started yet.
That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #18
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
I agree. The show can easily continue. Actors leave shows all the time. They figure it out. His role wasn't even as major as it had been when he was still a student at McKinley High.

How will they deal with the character in the show? I dunno. But I suspect they will do it in a way that just doesn't have him disappearing with little or no mention.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #19
Lori
Social Defective

I guess, I don't get how Lea Michele returns to work. They are going to have to write this in, somehow. And Rachel is a girl who's in love with Finn, and Finn is gone, and Lea Michele was engaged to the actor who played Finn, and he's dead.

It's too close to real life. I would not be able to do it. I don't know how she does it. And I don't want to watch it. Watching Rachel miss Finn would be just too much, I suspect, for many people.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #20
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
It was due to start tomorrow 7.15.13.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #21
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill View Post
It was due to start tomorrow 7.15.13.
wow

Quote:
It's too close to real life. I would not be able to do it. I don't know how she does it. And I don't want to watch it. Watching Rachel miss Finn would be just too much, I suspect, for many people.
at first i figured automatically they would write it in but you have a good point there - it is too close to their real personal life

i wouldn't want to be ryan murphy right now
Old 07-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #22
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

So, let's say Leah Michelle quits (Lori makes a fine point that it would be very understandable) and Rachel Berry is written off the show. Can the show continue? I think so. It was already disjointed with her off in New York. Re-focus the whole show to be just about Lima, Ohio and the kids at McKinley High.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #23
Cainebj

Leah Michele is not going to quit. No way no how. They might write her out for a bit but she's a Broadway baby and all Broadway kids live by the show must go on.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #24
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

The real question: do they write his absence into the show? It would be a bit glaring, but on the other hand, this show has had a history of having major characters just randomly completely absent from episodes without any in story-line explanation. In addition, he was himself absent for the last weeks of last season due to him checking himself into rehab. They could just roll with that, I suppose. Again, it'd be a bit glaring, but possible.
LoadStar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:22 PM   #25
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Not sure but if it turns out drugs were a factor could they kill off the Finn character the same way as kind of a PSA?
Old 07-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #26
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
I guess, I don't get how Lea Michele returns to work. They are going to have to write this in, somehow. And Rachel is a girl who's in love with Finn, and Finn is gone, and Lea Michele was engaged to the actor who played Finn, and he's dead.

They were able to deal with Larry Hagman's death on Dallas, and he died mid season.

They wrote it in, they dealt with it.

Leah may need a break, but the show will go on.

And she may do it to honor him.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:47 PM   #27
zalusky

Good point about Dallas. I read that the funeral scene was somewhat spontaneous.
I could see them doing something special that in a way breaks the fourth wall.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:48 PM   #28
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
The real question: do they write his absence into the show? It would be a bit glaring, but on the other hand, this show has had a history of having major characters just randomly completely absent from episodes without any in story-line explanation. In addition, he was himself absent for the last weeks of last season due to him checking himself into rehab. They could just roll with that, I suppose. Again, it'd be a bit glaring, but possible.
But those characters come back. Obviously, Finn can not. How did they handle when Corey was in rehab? I can't recall the story line they used. or if they had one to explain it.

Honestly, I don't see them never mentioning Finn again.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:50 PM   #29
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

There is also the situation that was faced when John Ritter died while "8 Simple Rules" was still on the air.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #30
Lori
Social Defective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
They were able to deal with Larry Hagman's death on Dallas, and he died mid season.

They wrote it in, they dealt with it.

Leah may need a break, but the show will go on.

And she may do it to honor him.
Yes, of course. Actors die all the time.

In your example, though, Larry Hagman wasn't married to Linda Gray, and she wasn't asked to both mourn her husband in real life, and act the part of mourning her husband on the show.

Let's say that they kill him off on the show. Someone needs to break the news to Rachel. Is that really something you want to see?

Lord knows, I don't.