TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-05-2013, 11:39 PM   #1
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Longmire 8/5/13 "Election Day"

So it looks like somebody sabotaged Katie's tire, ran her over when she was changing it, and then got luckier than hell when the drunk hit the car and thought he'd kit Katie as well.

Which raises the question, who targeted Katie? Is Walt right thinking it has something to do with Henry's murder of Walt's wife's killer? Or is he just being metaphysical about it?

I found it fascinating that this episode has the big election they've been building up to for two seasons, yet when it happens nobody really cares and it doesn't really matter. Next week's season finalé should be very, very interesting.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:09 AM   #2
CraigK
(unspecified)

I knew that ice pick was dirty the first time I saw it.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:49 AM   #3
Timbeau

I had thought (and still do think) that Walt was referring to the spiritual aspects of his guilt, but it makes sense that it could be a relative of the person he and Henry killed. I say Walt and Henry because last night Walt said something like "what we did". Do we know for sure that one or both of them actually killed Walt's wife's killer? It has been alluded to by both Henry and Walt, but did they ever say they killed the person? My recollection is that it's always been stuff like "what happened" or "I'm at peace with what I did".

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigK
groan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-- visionary
Timbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:20 AM   #4
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbeau View Post
Do we know for sure that one or both of them actually killed Walt's wife's killer? It has been alluded to by both Henry and Walt, but did they ever say they killed the person? My recollection is that it's always been stuff like "what happened" or "I'm at peace with what I did".
Last season, they implied that Walt did it, but this year they've barely stopped short of coming right out and saying Henry did it (and Walt is pissed because he felt it was his right).

But no, we don't know the details, and I suppose there is some wiggle room, although I'd feel pretty cheated if something else blew in from left field at this point.

But for a show that's had an election campaign run two seasons, I doubt they're in any hurry to fully resolve the issue.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #5
Timbeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
But no, we don't know the details, and I suppose there is some wiggle room, although I'd feel pretty cheated if something else blew in from left field at this point.
Agreed -- unless they have a REAL good explanation for Henry and Walt acting as they have.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-- visionary
Timbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:58 AM   #6
RonDawg

I'm pretty sure that Henry killed the druggie that murdered Mrs. Longmire in Denver. As already mentioned, Walt told him that it was "his right" to do that, and it seems like Det. Fales of the Denver Police seems to be focusing his investigation more on Henry than Walt lately.

That "flashback" scene in Henry's hotel room where a bloodied Walt collapses on his bed leads me to believe that perhaps Walt was going to confront the druggie first but the druggie got the upper hand and knifed him in the back. Then Henry goes after the druggie himself after taking Walt to the old Native American woman to have him patched up, since taking him to the hospital would most certainly get the attention of the police. As an LEO himself, there is no way he'll be able to just brush off something like that with the local cops.

What is not clear to me is whether Henry was asked to accompany Walt to Denver, or if he knew something was up (like he always does with Walt) and simply followed him down there. In the first season, Walt had many flashbacks of driving down I-25, and there was one of Henry himself following behind Walt's Bronco.
RonDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #7
RonDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigK View Post
The camera was so focused on that very object, you knew it was going to be involved somehow. However I thought it was going to be used as a murder weapon. As often as people die on this show, Absaroka County WY must have a horrible crime rate

I have no idea who would have sabotaged Cady's car, but I would know why....she was driving people from the Reservation to town so they can vote. Apparently absentee voting hasn't yet come to Absaroka County. Whoever sabotaged her car was likely someone who wanted Branch to win, since Walt is quite popular with most of the Cheyenne, a notable exception being Jacob Nighthorse. He obviously wouldn't have done it, but I would not be surprised if he had something to do with it.

And wasn't Cady driving a Grand Cherokee just last week, when she blew by Branch's radar trap at 81 MPH?
Old 08-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #8
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonDawg View Post
I have no idea who would have sabotaged Cady's car, but I would know why....she was driving people from the Reservation to town so they can vote. Apparently absentee voting hasn't yet come to Absaroka County. Whoever sabotaged her car was likely someone who wanted Branch to win, since Walt is quite popular with most of the Cheyenne, a notable exception being Jacob Nighthorse. He obviously wouldn't have done it, but I would not be surprised if he had something to do with it.
I think that's what we're supposed to think, and maybe it's the case, but the whole attack seems awfully carefully planned and executed to be simple voter suppression. I suspect there's more to it than that...

It is amazing the crime rates that we see in cities that have cop shows set in them...
Old 08-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #9
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
I guess I was seeing this a bit differently. I thought the accident was simply that - a horrible wrong place at the wrong time accident.

I'm at work so can't go back and look right now, but if I'm not mistaken the flat was the rear passenger side tire. I thought she had been crouched there when the other car struck from the rear, throwing her into the ditch.

When it became apparent that the tire had been purposely punctured, I thought Jacob Nighthorse had been behind that (though probably not doing it himself), just to interfere with Cady shuttling voters.

It never occurred to me that someone had sabotaged Cady's car, then ran her over, and left her like that getting lucky when the other car also hit her car. I have no idea who would have THAT much out for Walt to try to get back at him that way.

That all said, I thoroughly enjoy this show, and I think a lot of it has to do with the much more laid back locale and attitude versus most of the current crime drama shows that are made these days.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #10
Idearat

I didn't see a thread for last week's episode ( and I guess too lazy to create one )

I laughed my butt off when they found a way to get Katie Sackhoff to use the word "fracking" multiple times in one episode.

My guess is we won't ever hear from the natural gas company again, the whole reason for them to be there was to get her to say fracking.
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:03 AM   #11
RonDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
I guess I was seeing this a bit differently. I thought the accident was simply that - a horrible wrong place at the wrong time accident.

I'm at work so can't go back and look right now, but if I'm not mistaken the flat was the rear passenger side tire. I thought she had been crouched there when the other car struck from the rear, throwing her into the ditch.

When it became apparent that the tire had been purposely punctured, I thought Jacob Nighthorse had been behind that (though probably not doing it himself), just to interfere with Cady shuttling voters.

It never occurred to me that someone had sabotaged Cady's car, then ran her over, and left her like that getting lucky when the other car also hit her car. I have no idea who would have THAT much out for Walt to try to get back at him that way.
That's how I see it as well.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:17 AM   #12
RonDawg

On a different note: Walt finally sleeps with Lizzie! That poor woman has been trying to get in the Sheriff's pants since last season