TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
krismast

Netflix Problem

Hi everyone! I could really use some help. I gave up on a netflix streaming account more than a year go because I had so many problems with it on my tivo. It did work for awhile but then stopped and never worked again. It always said there was an unexpected error. Today I tried to sign up again for streaming. I tried to activate it on tivo and no luck. Same error message as all those months ago! Does anybody have any suggestions of what I should try first?

Thanks!

Kris
krismast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #2
dlfl
Cranky old novice

First try giving us more information. What model TiVo? What exactly are you doing to sign up and what specific messages or results do you get? Have you tried setting up a Netflix account via a browser?

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #3
DougJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismast View Post
Does anybody have any suggestions of what I should try first?
Buy one of these?

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=330

I don't mean to be a smart-a, but I've found Netflix on TiVo to be a pretty shaky proposition. Unreliable, no surround sound, awkward interface, and limited searching.

About a year ago, I switched to the WD Live for everything other than TiVo's sweet spot, which is recording and showing broadcast/cable TV. Streaming like NetFlix, Pandora, and playing video and music off the in-house NAS are all vastly superior to my much loved S3 OLED.

-- Doug
DougJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #4
lachacg
Go Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougJohnson View Post

I don't mean to be a smart-a, but I've found Netflix on TiVo to be a pretty shaky proposition. Unreliable, no surround sound, awkward interface, and limited searching.

-- Doug
And it appears to have a 100 episode limit. I can only see the last 100 episodes of a series when I bring it up.

I'll second this recommendation, do not use your S3 for Netflix viewing. It is not very good at it. I now use my PS3 for Netflix. Every once in a while I forget and I use the S3 Netflix and it will always fail for some reason or another. (poor quality video, losing connections, etc.)

You can get a very cheap streaming box or a bluray player with Netflix built in. Every one I've used does a better job than my S3.
lachacg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #5
jrtroo
User

I use my S3 all the time without issue. Normally, it seems to know where you are in a series and have not had an issue with the 100 episode limit. I suppose if I watched things out of order I would care more, but I don't.