Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #91
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhites View Post
The most pressing issue is the program description being truncated when using the HDUI in the channel bar for no reason.
There is NO program description, ever, in the channel bar. All you see when changing channels is the TiVo icon, time the program starts/ends, channel info, channel (network) icon and time.

What I AM getting is still "this channel is unauthorized. contact you cable provider for more information. (v58)" right over the channel AS I AM WATCHING IT.....and it won't go away. I'm getting this on NBCSN right now.
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #92
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP-isMe View Post
Hi All,

Did this update fix the issue where you would lose the Live TV Buffer when a new show started to record?

Thanks...Brad
Nope.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #93
MHunter1
TiVo Bug Hunter

Keep-or-Delete locks out Replay function

After the v20.3.1 update, the Replay function no longer works properly once the "Keep-or-Delete" dialog appears at the end of a recording.

I like how pressing Replay now returns the program to the point when Left was pressed rather than 8 seconds prior. Although it could be improved by not having the brief blip of black screen.

I don't like how neither Replay nor Rewind work at all if the Keep-or-Delete dialog appeared on its own because a show ended. And I consistently get a black background after dismissing the Keep-or-Delete dialog which used to be just a random occurrence.
MHunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #94
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Obviously, this "update" was not ready for prime time....
Old 05-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #95
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHunter1 View Post

After the v20.3.1 update, the Replay function no longer works properly once the "Keep-or-Delete" dialog appears at the end of a recording.

I like how pressing Replay now returns the program to the point when Left was pressed rather than 8 seconds prior. Although it could be improved by not having the brief blip of black screen.

I don't like how neither Replay nor Rewind work at all if the Keep-or-Delete dialog appeared on its own because a show ended. And I consistently get a black background after dismissing the Keep-or-Delete dialog which used to be just a random occurrence.
I'm not having that problem. Everything at the keep/delete screen seems to be working the same as it had previously, but I also don't the same graphics and I do have it set to the HDUI.

I have a 2 tuner premiere, is yours a 4 tuner?
Old 05-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #96
JWhites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkev View Post
I haven't had any issues yet with the update. I'm either missing something or JWhites is. What's the point of exchanging your premiere for one that doesn't have the update? They are all going to have it soon. I guess if you pull your ethernet cable out you won't get it, but you won't get the guide updates either. :-|
actually I called tech support when I setup the exchanged box and they put a freeze on the TSN from receiving the update. Was told the freeze is used with customers on dialup.

Last edited by JWhites : 05-17-2013 at 06:14 PM.
JWhites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:53 PM   #97
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
I'm not having that problem. Everything at the keep/delete screen seems to be working the same as it had previously, but I also don't the same graphics and I do have it set to the HDUI.

I have a 2 tuner premiere, is yours a 4 tuner?
Speculation: perhaps turning off Groups will replicate the error? WAG.
JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #98
ahwman

Can anyone else confirm/deny whether suggestions with TA is fixed

I'm on the priority list to receive this update and am wondering if anyone else had any luck with this update in terms of suggestions not populating when connected to a tuning adapter?
ahwman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #99
DaveDFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahwman View Post
I'm on the priority list to receive this update and am wondering if anyone else had any luck with this update in terms of suggestions not populating when connected to a tuning adapter?
I received the spring update yesterday. After a reboot and 24 hours of uptime, I have zero suggestions populated. I assume this problem will never be fixed.
DaveDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #100
ahwman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDFW View Post
I received the spring update yesterday. After a reboot and 24 hours of uptime, I have zero suggestions populated. Just assume this problem will never be fixed.
I kind of knew it was wishful thinking that they actually fixed this issue. I've spoken to tech support at least a dozen times over this and though they finally confirm the issue they otherwise seem clueless. Guess it's back to the gangly timer on the TA workaround...
ahwman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #101
Darkev

There is a new bug with the signal strength if you go into the menu to check the signal on your antenna. Check various channels and you'll notice after a while all stations will display the same antenna strength/signal. Even on stations that you know are weak.
Darkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #102
JWhites

This is an issue regarding the program description area of the screen. It seems to be a forced truncation of program information if it is five lines or more.
Prior to the update recorded show:
Highslide JS
After the update recorded show:
Highslide JS

Prior to the update downloaded video:
Highslide JS
After the update downloaded video:
Highslide JS

Prior to the update live show:
Highslide JS
After the update live show:
Highslide JS

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (50.0 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (48.3 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (43.5 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by JWhites : 05-21-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:52 PM   #103
moyekj

Probably the font got a little bigger for that overlay in this new release is why that is happening.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #104
andyf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
What I AM getting is still "this channel is unauthorized. contact you cable provider for more information. (v58)" right over the channel AS I AM WATCHING IT.....and it won't go away. I'm getting this on NBCSN right now.
I had this a couple of months ago on CNBC. Once I re-booted the TiVo the problem went away and hasn't returned.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #105
MeInDallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahwman View Post
Not fixed, still a problem
MeInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:26 PM   #106
tlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Probably the font got a little bigger for that overlay in this new release is why that is happening.
Looking closely at the posted images, I think the font size is the same. They're limiting the number of lines to 4. Maybe they're getting ready to put ads in the bottom half.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:06 PM   #107
andyf

Quote:
I'm talking about this issue. It seems to be a forced truncation of program information if it is four lines or more.
Highslide JS
Highslide JS

Highslide JS
Highslide JS

Highslide JS
Highslide JS
Here's what I see.
Go to the guide and find a channel with a long description. Press Select to tune to that channel. When the channel and small banner is displayed immediately clear the small banner by pressing left, then press right to bring up the program info. you'll see 4 lines of description briefly then the forth line is cleared quickly and the description becomes 3 lines truncated and it sticks that way. Did I mention quickly?
Old 05-17-2013, 09:07 PM   #108
JWhites

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
Just press select to get the entire description.
That doesn't work all the time when the program is currently being recorded or other reasons.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:09 PM   #109
JWhites

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyf View Post
Here's what I see.
Go to the guide and find a channel with a long description. Press Select to tune to that channel. When the channel and small banner is displayed immediately clear the small banner by pressing left, then press right to bring up the program info. you'll see 4 lines of description briefly then the forth line is cleared quickly and the description becomes 3 lines truncated and it sticks that way. Did I mention quickly?
Yes quite quickly, but compared to how it was prior to the update where you can just press the info button, which would you prefer?
Old 05-17-2013, 09:53 PM   #110
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Obviously, this "update" was not ready for prime time....
I agree, way too many very obvious UI oddities, I am betting a very quick 20.3.1.1 will be released.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #111
JWhites

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
I agree, way too many very obvious UI oddities, I am betting a very quick 20.3.1.1 will be released.
Let's hope, since I've been told that the issue I've pointed out are being escalated to the engineers. TiVo said they'll be monitoring this thread so if you guys also notice problems, post them.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:01 AM   #112
compnurd

Quote:
Let's hope, since I've been told that the issue I've pointed out are being escalated to the engineers. TiVo said they'll be monitoring this thread so if you guys also notice problems, post them.
Tivo does not monitor this forum.... You are putting way to much faith in customer support....

I still say this is not the sprint update
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #113
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyf View Post
I had this a couple of months ago on CNBC. Once I re-booted the TiVo the problem went away and hasn't returned.
It did finally go away after I checked the signal strength then went back to live teevee....
Old 05-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #114
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
I'm talking about this issue. It seems to be a forced truncation of program information if it is four lines or more.
Highslide JS
Highslide JS

Highslide JS
Highslide JS

Highslide JS
Highslide JS
I agree this is a font size issue in my opinion. BTW, that isn't the "channel bar"...that's the info screen...
Old 05-18-2013, 07:09 AM   #115
mrizzo80

I've had some issues with Netflix after the update. I thought hitting the up or left arrow key buttons would take you out of the show you are watching and back out to the main Netflix screen. That hasn't been working for me. The only way I've been able to bail at the end of an episode is to hit the TiVo button, which takes you all the way back out to the TiVo screen. Not a problem if you are done watching, but if you want to watch another episode you are stuck with having to Netflix all over again; which is taking 45 seconds for me these days.

Pause and play buttons also seem a bit strange. They are not always honored; or only honored after a long delay (well beyond the delay we are used to). TiVo is receiving the commands because the light on the box blinks immediately every time.
mrizzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:31 AM   #116
DigitalDawn

Not Authorized

Quote:
As I think I've said before, it's a possible issue with the cablecard firmware if you are referring to a "not authorized" or "channel not found" error message and you are using a Cisco/SA card.
I'm having a similar Comcast issue but reboots don't fix it, and it *only* occurs with my XL4. After 2-5 weeks the cable card unpairs, and the only way to fix it is to pull the cable card out, reinsert it, and have Comcast re-pair the card remotely. This doesn't always work either, and I have had them come out at least 6 or 7 times since August with new cable cards.

The odd thing here is that this never happens with my Series 3, or my Ceton equipped PC -- only the XL4. I've even tried switching the RF head end port between the Series 3 and the XL4. No difference. The card is an SA model.

I'm thinking that this problem might be a bad cable card slot on the TiVo.

Do you agree?

Last edited by DigitalDawn : 05-18-2013 at 07:41 AM.
DigitalDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #117
Darkev

I encountered a strange issue this morning. I turned on the TiVo and a message popped up stating I needed to download the guide. Please go to Network and do a download. I thought it was odd because my TiVo was not disconnected for even a second from the internet. I initiated the download and upon completion the guide was still empty. Everything said, "To be announced". The download screen was showing successful download. I tried it again. Same thing - no guide data. I rebooted the TiVo and now the guide data is back.
Darkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #118
sharkster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP-isMe View Post
Hi All,

Did this update fix the issue where you would lose the Live TV Buffer when a new show started to record?

Thanks...Brad
Ooh, good question! Since the last update, this has been one thing that I hate. I often watch something semi-live and even when the tuner needs to record, at least I could continue watching the show until it finished.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #119
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
Ooh, good question! Since the last update, this has been one thing that I hate. I often watch something semi-live and even when the tuner needs to record, at least I could continue watching the show until it finished.
If the recording is on the same channel, you don't lose the buffer. If it's a different channel, you lose the buffer.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #120
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
If the recording is on the same channel, you don't lose the buffer. If it's a different channel, you lose the buffer.
The buffer still gets lost when a recording starts even if you are watching the same channel as the recording.