TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-16-2013, 11:10 AM   #31
Am_I_Evil

I've got the update on my mini...20.3.1-01-6-A92
Am_I_Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #32
jhilla

I added my TSN for my Premiere XL, said it would arrive in 3 days. So what will come first my update or Plants Vs. Zombies Adventures on FB. I want both, is it soo wrong to not want to wait..
jhilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #33
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
Good question I just was going to ask, after all my Tivos were updated I tried to update my Mini, nothing happened, except for software updates why does the Mini call in at all ?
It gets the current account status. It also gets a list of boxes on the account it is authorized to stream from. I would imagine there is quite a bit of configuration it gets from the connection as well.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #34
tomhorsley

But the real question is: Does this fix the random "channel not authorized" messages I get for no apparent reason (which usually require me to reboot the unit to get the channels back)?
tomhorsley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #35
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhites View Post
Account status updates since a service plan is required for it? That's a good question.

Is that with the audio setting on Dolby Digital and connected via HDMI to the television with sound coming from the television? That's where I've noticed the audio dropping out to be the worst, and found changing to PCM audio to lessen the severity of it.
All my content on FiOS is DD and the audio only drops out around 20% of the time between transisitioning to full screen and back with the previous software. I haven't checked it with the new software yet.My TiVos got the update yesterday and had pending restart. But I never looked this morning to make sure they were installed last night.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:12 PM   #36
JWhites

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhorsley View Post
But the real question is: Does this fix the random "channel not authorized" messages I get for no apparent reason (which usually require me to reboot the unit to get the channels back)?
Do you happen to have a Cisco/Scientific Atlanta cablecard? If so that's an issue with the cablecard firmware. Comcast has been rolling out a firmware update to their customers that fixes that issue, I would imagine other cable providers who also use this brand of cablecard are rolling out this same firmware update since it was a known issue that was addressed in the Cisco firmware release notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am_I_Evil View Post
Any changes you've noticed on the Mini since receiving this update?

Last edited by JWhites : 05-17-2013 at 11:15 AM.
JWhites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:09 PM   #37
mr_smits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am_I_Evil View Post

A mini update? Notice any changes? Netflix?
mr_smits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #38
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_smits View Post
I wouldn't read too much into it. There may be nothing specific to Mini. The Mini just follows the same software track as the other series 4 devices. Netflix on the Mini would be nice to have ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:01 PM   #39
MPSAN

I got the update on my P4 (did not check my XL4 yet) and can not say that I noticed anything except having to redo my SSPS88S feature!
Old 05-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #40
Am_I_Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_smits View Post
granted i haven't delved too much into it, but just like on my premiere 4 i don't really notice too much difference...i'm sure there is some stuff changed but not really sure what...hopefully there's a change-log at some point...
Am_I_Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #41
JWhites

Ok received the update on my Premiere and Premiere 4 and discovered if you go into settings it no longer says "Network/Phone" It just says "Network" Also discovered if you are disconnected from the Network you are able to access the "choose network hookup" screen and the on screen diagram is no longer of a TiVo Premiere or TiVo Premiere 4/XL4 but of what seems to be the back of a TiVo Preview. I too noticed the "Collab Slice Version: CP_Standard_t2 v.266" in System Info. I also noticed the MBT (which I assume is MotherBoard Temp) now no longer has a temperature degree symbol ° and no longer has the (Normal) status, but just the number which is still in Celsius. This kinda bothers me since it was something I liked knowing.

I also noticed that in the channel banner when you scroll down to audio tracks, it now lists each language and Dolby Digital, for example English - Dolby Digital, French - Dolby Digital, Spanish - Dolby Digital. Before the update I think it was just English, French, Spanish.

Audio dropout and video blanking out issue still occurs when going in and out of TiVo Central.

I did notice what mrizzo80 mentioned regarding the larger font in the "what's recording on the other tuners via info button" screen. Not sure I'm a fan of that as I believe it should be uniform with the other text size in the channel banner like it was before the update. Someone has some explaining to do as to what they were thinking and why they did what they did. Not a big fan of this either.

Personally after seeing what I've seen, I'd rather just have the old version back and recommend skipping this update. They didn't even update any of the apps and I'm definitely not a big fan of the fuzzy "One Moment" loading screen, I mean seriously what were they thinking, how could they have let something like that through testing.

Last edited by JWhites : 05-17-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #42
mrizzo80

I noticed a few small things:

New (I think): Initiating a recording from the guide seems more fluid. No "please wait" box pops up and the guide seems to refresh in a cleaner manner.

New (I think): The font seems bigger for what's recording on the other tuners (via the Info button).

Bug: (intermittent) screen flickers when exiting out of the guide when watching TV.

Fix: channel changing is *much* quicker. It will accept Channel Up/Down commands as fast as you can hit the button. They broke this in the Fall 2012 update.
mrizzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #43
XIBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPSAN View Post
I got the update on my P4 (did not check my XL4 yet) and can not say that I noticed anything except having to redo my SSPS88S feature!
What us the SSPS88S feature?
XIBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #44
OTA_ONLY_USER

Any idea if the
"this recording was deleted because it had expired"
premature deletion problem with Season Pass is now fixed?
OTA_ONLY_USER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #45
MPSAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIBM View Post
What us the SSPS88S feature?
OH, that restores the function when you hit fast forward or revers a 4th time it starts playing like my Series 3's do.

I am X big iron! :-)
Old 05-16-2013, 11:02 PM   #46
Bwatford141

I just tried to force a connect and it said that it couldn't connect until after a scheduled software update update occurs at 2am.
Bwatford141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:08 PM   #47
JWhites

I noticed that myself after the software had downloaded but before it was put in place, so I did a reboot. 15 minutes later it updated.

Is this the final version of the software or will the final version be rolled out at the end of the month so they can change some stuff?

Last edited by JWhites : 05-17-2013 at 01:21 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:57 AM   #48
jaredmwright

Couple of things I noticed. Will need confirmation from others if these were in previous updates:

-When the picture in picture is displayed when viewing the guide, it now shows the channel number in the lower left corner of the picture of whats playing.

-When viewing the guide, hitting play has the same effect as hitting zoom, it takes you to whats playing which I really like.
DirecTV HR22 HDMI/ETHERNET & Slingbox Solo
jaredmwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:32 AM   #49
JWhites

From what I've noticed, the channel number and call letters were there in the video in the window of a live channel before the update.

Before and after the update, If I go into the guide and scroll up or down in the currently airing program and hit the play button it automatically takes me to the program that is highlighted. I just tried it and that's what happened. When I did it again and hit the zoom button instead of the play button, it brought the video in the window full screen again.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:46 AM   #50
ajwees41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhites View Post
I noticed that myself after the software had downloaded but before it was put in place, so I did a reboot. 15 minutes later it updated.

Is this the final version of the software or will the final version be rolled out at the end of the month so they can change some stuff?
what do you mean final version? Tivo is always updating software just not as fast.
ajwees41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:43 AM   #51
JWhites

What I mean is that so far I haven't seen anything in this update really worth it being released, and what was done such as the blurry "One Moment" screen and oversized text in the info bar for the other tuners, not to mention no performance improvement or HDUI improvement, makes me wonder if this is more of a half finished beta release to get our feedback so adjustments can be made. Something is definitely going on with the program description in the info bar because it seems less text information is being displayed before it's clipped and an ellipses is used. The MBT: 40 just looks silly and kinda useless without the degree symbol and (status) status. The audio cutting out issue which switching back and forth from the TiVo Central screen has still not been correct. As I've said before I'm not a big fan of what they did to the network hookup diagrams, using a TiVo Preview diagram on the Premiere and Premiere 4 models when what was previously in place worked fine. If I could skip this update all together and go back to the October 2012 release I would.

Last edited by JWhites : 05-17-2013 at 03:50 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:02 AM   #52
tim316

got the update today an hour or so ago.the channel tuning problem hasnt gone away.
im still getting paused or black screens on random channels.i have to channel up and back down a few times to get the missing channel to appear.BIG DISAPPOINTMENT WITH TIVO!!!
tim316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:23 AM   #53
JWhites

As I think I've said before, it's a possible issue with the cablecard firmware if you are referring to a "not authorized" or "channel not found" error message and you are using a Cisco/SA card.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:45 AM   #54
JWhites

After using my Premieres for the past 12 hours with this new software, I'm literally considering returning it to BestBuy. Over all the issues that I've pointed out, the one that is in my face every single time I watch a show is the program description in the info banner getting truncated way too much, more then it needs to be. This was not a problem in the last software update and I'm so upset I can't even sleep. This feels like one of the greatest mistakes I've ever made.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:14 AM   #55
NotNowChief
Addicted to TiVo

Mine downloaded sometime in the last few days and installed when the wife went to watch TV last night. She complained it took about an hour, but that could have been only 5 minutes (drama!). Heaven forbid she had to use one of the other 2 TiVos in the house and watch something else for a little while

My fingers are crossed for Dynamic Tuner Allocation in the Fall 2013 update. I'm not holding my breath , but I'm keeping my fingers crossed .
TiVo HDXL
TiVo HD
Retired: TiVo Series 2 ST, Philips Series 1 HDR212
NotNowChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:21 AM   #56
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrizzo80 View Post
I noticed a few small things:

New (I think): Initiating a recording from the guide seems more fluid. No "please wait" box pops up and the guide seems to refresh in a cleaner manner.
Got the update on my Elite yesterday and this was the only thing I noticed after a night of use, also going through some of the menus and apps to see if anything new was added. Before when you scheduled a record from guide it would briefly interrupt the video, now it doesn't.

That's all I saw - nothing's new or faster in the HDUI, apps like YouTube are still as slow as molasses etc. I will have to say that the YouTube app is way better than the crap they had before but that's unrelated to this change.

As always, sure would be nice to get a changelog from Tivo for what they're doing instead of blindly trying to figure out what's different.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:12 AM   #57
JoeKustra
Cable only

I'm still waiting, but two observations from another forum:

"I have noticed two changes:

1. When selecting "A" option while in the grid; the order from left to right for the channels listed are; All, MyChannels, and Favorites (whoopee). Guess they could just make it circular, it really does not matter what order they are in.

2. And of course "another bug" - Really TiVo do they not even test this stuff. New Bug: When going into "signal meter" it now freezes after selecting a couple of channels and does not report real results - thus ALL channels now report the same thing for signal strength. Once the signal strength meter is frozen; it becomes frozen in DVR Diagnostics too. The only way I know to fix it, is to unplug reboot."
JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:31 AM   #58
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
Got the update on my Elite yesterday and this was the only thing I noticed after a night of use, also going through some of the menus and apps to see if anything new was added. Before when you scheduled a record from guide it would briefly interrupt the video, now it doesn't.

That's all I saw - nothing's new or faster in the HDUI, apps like YouTube are still as slow as molasses etc. I will have to say that the YouTube app is way better than the crap they had before but that's unrelated to this change.

As always, sure would be nice to get a changelog from Tivo for what they're doing instead of blindly trying to figure out what's different.
I am not sure this is the Spring update and may be a primer/bug update. Usually Margret lately is all over twitter when there is a update.. I have asked her
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:01 AM   #59
Darkev

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim316 View Post
got the update today an hour or so ago.the channel tuning problem hasnt gone away.
im still getting paused or black screens on random channels.i have to channel up and back down a few times to get the missing channel to appear.BIG DISAPPOINTMENT WITH TIVO!!!
I used to have this happen to channel 6 over the air. When I tuned up from channel 4 to 6 I would have no problem, but if I tuned down from channel 11 to 6 I would get a black screen. Audio would be OK, but the screen would be black. It turns out it was an issue with Global TV transmitting something goofy in their signal. Once Global fixed that I have not seen this happen again. This was over a year ago - I have not seen it since.
Darkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #60
aaronwt
HD Addict

I really have not noticed anything different in my use with the new update.
Although if anything it seems like the audio is dropping out more often now than it did before when going back and forth from the window.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now   Reply With Quote