TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-22-2013, 02:51 AM   #301
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

One update I found added, is that if you press Info button, the info window is just transparent enough to see the closed captions behind it. I imagine those with super bright contrast ratios may even be able to see the picture behind the info window. I like this. I'd like to see the transparency adjustable, at some point.

So, my rating of the update at this point is: 1 step forward and 10 or more steps back.
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:02 AM   #302
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by compnurd View Post
It appears the MLB App is supposed to be apart of this service update as Tivo is now calling it.. I wonder if it got released early..
It's been somewhat common on Premieres, for new things to appear, but not be useable until something outside the update is turned on by TiVo on their end.

Sometimes, it's just a matter of waiting until the next VCM connection, which you can view the details of on the System Information screen.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:14 AM   #303
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
Your cable feed is worse than mine. I get EAS alerts monthly and usually during the day. The channel changes to the local analog message channel, which used to be my TVGOS channel BTW, and stays there. Also, I receive no audio during the alert. I never use Standby mode since I would find the unit die after hitting the Live button to stop Standby. But that was last year.
I always have used to main TiVo button at the very top of the remote. Give it a try, if you'd like to see if it works differently for you. It never has caused a lockup for me. Live TV makes sense causing a long delay, since the standby mode turns off the video output processing, as well as putting the cablecard in a different state, and could be confused as a lockup, or could cause one if everything doesn't wake up in the exact way it should.

I park my tuners on antenna channels, when I don't intend to watch Live TV, or am done for the day, before going into standby, while I have no antenna, which reduces the delay if the video window of the home menu is still on a channel not requiring cablecard processing when it resumes from standby. Why would I park my tuners? less hard drive thrashing and wear recording buffers not needed. Why Antenna? I used to park them on non-valid or unauthorized cable channels, but a few updates back, I noticed it was still buffering, even though there was no audio/video to buffer. I even have 2 Season Passes at the very bottom of my list to record one minute of one antenna channel, at the same time, around 4AM, when there's never anything on I'd record or watch. It detects no signal, aborts recording, and no recording shows up in my NPL to have to delete. Non-valid/unauthorized cable channels will cause two empty, but disk using, recordings in the NPL.

Last edited by nooneuknow : 05-22-2013 at 03:26 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:58 AM   #304
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by JandS View Post
Check out LightDims.com removable plastic film cut to convenient shapes or in full sheets to dim or completely cover LED lights. The inventor, Jason, is a great example of an enthusiastic young entrepreneur marketing a unique product in a responsible and caring manner. (no affiliation, never met him, just called him out of the blue a couple of years ago to rave about how great LightDims are; we've since given them as gifts to many friends.)
While not quite as pretty, the scotch tape that is translucent (cloudy), until applied to paper, Works *fairly* well on any of those annoying BLUE LEDS, or the other colors. You just keep adding a piece over the top of another until it's not burning a hole in your retina, or annoying you. Duct tape leaves residue and can damage things. masking tape is just ugly, and will leave residue if left on for more a month. The translucent scotch tape will not leave residue, is easily removed, and easily adjusted to the brightness you can stand.

Being able to easily remove the dimming material and the adhesive is a must, when dealing with such easily damaged (cosmetically or physically) surfaces. Some duct tape may be stronger than the adhesive behind that part of the front TiVo panel.

LightDims sound better for somebody who may want to have all the LEDs on and visible, but not to the point of disturbing a very dark sleeping environment.

I don't think TiVo could make a software change that would dim them, but I'm not 100% sure, just around 98%.

The adventurous could use the dimming material between the internal LED and the plastic optics to the front panel. There is a gap.

This is going off-topic, so let's not start a chain of people saying how much blue (or other color), LEDs annoy them. This really has nothing to do with the thread topic at all, nor does the quips about people who like deleting their Recently Deleted items having OCD,or repeatedly questioning why anybody does it. The feature/function is there, always has been, and has been negatively impacted by this update. That's all that matters about it.

Last edited by nooneuknow : 05-22-2013 at 05:07 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:42 AM   #305
MeInDallas

Quote:
I'm still waiting, but two observations from another forum:

"I have noticed two changes:

1. When selecting "A" option while in the grid; the order from left to right for the channels listed are; All, MyChannels, and Favorites (whoopee). Guess they could just make it circular, it really does not matter what order they are in.

2. And of course "another bug" - Really TiVo do they not even test this stuff. New Bug: When going into "signal meter" it now freezes after selecting a couple of channels and does not report real results - thus ALL channels now report the same thing for signal strength. Once the signal strength meter is frozen; it becomes frozen in DVR Diagnostics too. The only way I know to fix it, is to unplug reboot."
I noticed something similar to the signal level youre talking about. When I look into the diagnostic screen to check my signal levels, now it always shows around 94 no matter what I change the channels to. Before it would show anywhere between the mid 80's to the high 90's depending on the channel, but now it just seems to peg right around 94 all the time. Even after I rebooted and put it on different channels its doing the same thing. Very odd.
MeInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:03 AM   #306
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDallas View Post
I noticed something similar to the signal level youre talking about. When I look into the diagnostic screen to check my signal levels, now it always shows around 94 no matter what I change the channels to. Before it would show anywhere between the mid 80's to the high 90's depending on the channel, but now it just seems to peg right around 94 all the time. Even after I rebooted and put it on different channels its doing the same thing. Very odd.
I'm suggesting that the FIRST step, no matter what the issue, should be pulling the CABLE input, give it a minute (or as many minutes as your patience allows, or if you regain control if locked-up), re-connect, check the state of whatever problem the person is troubleshooting, then proceed to reboot.

In order no prevent unnecessary *potential* drive corruption, people should refrain from yanking the power cord, unless they do so after successfully starting a reboot by menu, IMMEDIATELY after the & enter button, when the system fan kicks into high, and before the yellow light starts flickering (the point at which you could initiate kickstart tests).

Yes, any consumer DVR is *supposed to be* able to handle a power loss at any time. But, there's still a chance of putting the system into the GSOD reboot loop, if the power loss corrupts something and the unit is unable to fix it at the boot sequence file system check. I speak from experience, as well as what I've read in other threads. Yanking the power cord at any other time than I have stated, is risky.

If you don't believe me, or just don't care, knock yourselves out, just hope you don't lose all your recordings and have to re-image your drive.

Just trying to help, that's all.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #307
tomhorsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhites View Post
Do you happen to have a Cisco/Scientific Atlanta cablecard? If so that's an issue with the cablecard firmware. Comcast has been rolling out a firmware update to their customers that fixes that issue, I would imagine other cable providers who also use this brand of cablecard are rolling out this same firmware update since it was a known issue that was addressed in the Cisco firmware release notes.
I finally got around to looking through the cable card menus, and it is indeed a Scientific Atlanta cable card which says it is running an OS from June 2007, so it does seem like a firmware update might be out there after seven years :-).
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #308
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
BTW, I certainly don't think the UI is faster in general, like some others said. I think there might be a few things that are a BIT faster, but it's still slow as molasses....ARGH.
Totally agree. I got my XL4 (moved from an original S3) in December, and, from what I had read, expected the UI to speed up after a week or two. No go....still very sluggish. I refuse to go back to SD menus, however, so I'll live with. Doesn't mean I'm happy with it...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #309
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhorsley View Post
I finally got around to looking through the cable card menus, and it is indeed a Scientific Atlanta cable card which says it is running an OS from June 2007, so it does seem like a firmware update might be out there after seven years :-).
In two years, My "Scientific Atlanta" (on the outside label) CableCards have been updated (flashed) three times. The first one changed the CableCard screen menus to say "Cisco" instead. My last flash has a "Build Time: Jun 19 2012" entry, which was deployed a bit over two months ago. Nobody at Cox Communications can/will tell me what this update was for. One tech that came out to check my signal said it was one of many things they were trying to do to fix their defective whole home DVR systems, built by Cisco, which were defective when they got them in, and there's too many deployed to recall them. So, now the whole Cox enterprise is trying to make them work.

I don't believe everything I hear. But, that would explain why nobody with Cox wants to talk about it. Given how new this update build is, and that my CableCards are the same hardware build you'd get it you ordered a new, or replacement from them, right now, one would think that the "fix" is in that CableCard update, for the audio drop-outs. Well, it isn't fixed for me...

2007? Yeah, that's pretty old. Maybe you need to trade-in you CableCards? If they are running a build that old, perhaps they don't support the current updates... It's hard to say, since things vary a lot between cable providers. I would almost expect that the builds here are custom tweaked for their network, and what they can and can't do with it.

I'm only posting this in this thread, because if your cablecard needs an update, how can you blame anything on the TiVo, when it comes to the CORE DVR functions, less the menus and all else?...
Old 05-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #310
JoeKustra
Cable only

Perhaps this will help:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps8672/index.html
JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #311
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
That certainly explains why TiVo users can no longer pair those cards on one drive, clone to another and keep their pairing.

It also explains why removal of, swapping around of the cards, or swapping in a cloned drive causes me to lose access to all recordings that are part of Cox's "Advanced TV" service, which is basically everything that isn't a channel under 100.

Thanks for that link. Somehow I didn't find my way there in my own digging around...

TiVo really needs to put up their own version of this information. Otherwise, when a cableco starts using this protection in their market(s), the messages the TiVo gives, and the explanation for the error from TiVo make it seem like a TiVo issue. I've still got a lot of reading to do. Thanks again!
Old 05-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #312
UCLABB

Quote:
Actually electrical tape blends in better with the black bezel on my vizio TV that has an illuminated vizio logo bright enough to read by that is always turned on :-). I thought about taking it apart and drilling out the LEDs, but the black electrical tape worked OK.
Yeah, the Vizios are lame. I actually saw a procedure on how to open the case and remove the power wire from the led. Elegant solve, but a snip of electrical tape is just fine for me.
UCLABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #313
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Dunno about your model, but my Vizio has an option in the menus to change when the logo is lit. I set it to only come on at startup and shutdown.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:32 PM   #314
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
Privacy, perhaps?
Agreed- privacy is the only valid reason I can fathom. In my case, nobody else ever uses my TiVo so it truly is a useless feature for me.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #315
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Same here. It started out faster, but worked its way to being slower in less than 1/2 day. Even on a reboot, I can get the old speed back, but it slows down quite quickly.
This is standard behavior and nothing new. Every time there is an update people yell "faster!" and then quickly correct themselves soon after.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #316
MHunter1
TiVo Bug Hunter

Lost 15-minute tickmarks for 3-hour programs

After this update, all of my programs with a duration of 3 hours now have 30-minute tickmarks. Previously the tickmarks were spaced every 15 minutes. This is very user-unfriendly if it was an intended change after 13 years. 3-hour programs are common on CNBC, CSPAN, and PBS.
MHunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #317
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
This is standard behavior and nothing new. Every time there is an update people yell "faster!" and then quickly correct themselves soon after.
What I meant by slower, is slower than before the update. I'm well aware that things seem faster after an update. It's just that to get the same speed as before the update, the unit can't be running for more than 1/2 day after a reboot, then it slows down to slower than before the update after two months, or even more, without any reboot.

I was (trying to) make the same point you are, because of the flood of people shouting "It's faster!", when in reality, given a little up time, it's actually SLOWER. I'd thought about editing my post, to emphasize more like I just did, but nobody had said anything, until now, about that post.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #318
UCLABB

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Dunno about your model, but my Vizio has an option in the menus to change when the logo is lit. I set it to only come on at startup and shutdown.
Probably a newer model after everyone bitched.
UCLABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #319
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
Agreed- privacy is the only valid reason I can fathom. In my case, nobody else ever uses my TiVo so it truly is a useless feature for me.
There is some anecdotal evidence, and personal experience supports it to some degree, that a full hard drive might be problematic, particularly if it is a DIY expansion.

However, as I stated elsewhere, for a Premiere I just use kmttg to empty out the folder for the recently decea.., uh, deleted.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:04 PM   #320
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Quote:
In two years, My "Scientific Atlanta" (on the outside label) CableCards have been updated (flashed) three times. The first one changed the CableCard screen menus to say "Cisco" instead. My last flash has a "Build Time: Jun 19 2012" entry, which was deployed a bit over two months ago. Nobody at Cox Communications can/will tell me what this update was for. One tech that came out to check my signal said it was one of many things they were trying to do to fix their defective whole home DVR systems, built by Cisco, which were defective when they got them in, and there's too many deployed to recall them. So, now the whole Cox enterprise is trying to make them work.

I don't believe everything I hear. But, that would explain why nobody with Cox wants to talk about it. Given how new this update build is, and that my CableCards are the same hardware build you'd get it you ordered a new, or replacement from them, right now, one would think that the "fix" is in that CableCard update, for the audio drop-outs. Well, it isn't fixed for me...

2007? Yeah, that's pretty old. Maybe you need to trade-in you CableCards? If they are running a build that old, perhaps they don't support the current updates... It's hard to say, since things vary a lot between cable providers. I would almost expect that the builds here are custom tweaked for their network, and what they can and can't do with it.

I'm only posting this in this thread, because if your cablecard needs an update, how can you blame anything on the TiVo, when it comes to the CORE DVR functions, less the menus and all else?...
I can't speak for other Cable Cos, but Cox runs the same OS on all SA/Cisco CableCARDS (even leased devices) regardless of age of the card, so replacing with a newer card will not get you a more recent OS version. Cox just recently updated to OS Ver: PKEY1.5.3_F.p.0601, Build Time: Jun 19 2012
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=503101

See the following Release Notes for SA/Cisco CableCARD OS version changes/fixes:

Here is the Release Bulletin for 1.5.3.0601
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/vide...1.5.3.0601.pdf

and here is the Release Bulletin for 1.5.2.3001
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/vide...1.5.2.3001.pdf

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by CoxInPHX : 05-22-2013 at 08:13 PM.
CoxInPHX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #321
ahwman

The two fixes I was hoping for in this update were suggestions not populating when a tuning adapter is attached and the audio going in and out of phase where it will go from stereo to mono especially when RW or FF. Sadly neither issue has been corrected in this update. As a new TiVo customer and a $1,700 initial investment, I was hoping for more...
ahwman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #322
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
I can't speak for other Cable Cos, but Cox runs the same OS on all SA/Cisco CableCARDS (even leased devices) regardless of age of the card, so replacing with a newer card will not get you a more recent OS version. Cox just recently updated to OS Ver: PKEY1.5.3_F.p.0601, Build Time: Jun 19 2012
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=503101

See the following Release Notes for SA/Cisco CableCARD OS version changes/fixes:

Here is the Release Bulletin for 1.5.3.0601
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/vide...1.5.3.0601.pdf

and here is the Release Bulletin for 1.5.2.3001
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/vide...1.5.2.3001.pdf
On the older cards I had with an older "HW" version on the outside of the card, the Release and Build data were the same, but, the "Bldr" ver stayed at 123, while the newer "HW 1.2 F" cards went up to "Bldr: 124".

I don't have the old cards around anymore to pull data from. The thing that confuses me is why now they gave me a mix of model PKM800 & PKM802 cards. They used to ONLY use 802's in their own boxes, while anything else got PKM800 ONLY. It's easy to spot the difference without even looking at the backside, as one card has a green sticker covering the front, while the other is white. I've asked and asked, but Cox either is dumb, everybody I've talked to is dumb, or they're all just playing dumb, when it comes to the question of "Shouldn't I have consistency in what model is going in consistent equipment, and/or what's the difference, if any?".

So, thanks for the links. I'm learning more as I go from the earlier link provided. I still don't know how I didn't find that info on my own. I did dig around searching for it, and then I get a direct link into it here.

I actually had one of Cox's own units here for diagnostic purposes, and when that last update went out, it got the flash update, but to the best of my recollection, I recall wondering why their unit got flashed with a version different from the cards in my TiVos. I got sick of paying for that crap box, and gave it back, so I can't pull the data from it now, either.

I know you're familiar with how Cox in Las Vegas was a maverick franchise called "Cox Las Vegas", in an attempt to avoid regulations and do as they pleased, regardless of what the Cox conglomerate was doing. I thought they were bad then. Now, they're back in the fold, or mostly there, but things are FAR WORSE, as opposed to getting better. Nobody knows anything about anything, and I wind up talking to people in OHIO, when I call, and if the answer isn't "they don't know", it's usually so far out there I'll throw out a few questions that I KNOW the answers to, only to get answers that don't apply here at all. I have to play "Cox roulette" until I get a call center in Arizona, or local (rare), where they at least have a clue as to the cable network, and what applies and what doesn't. It's not like they came around and put in a whole new network to match the other cox markets, so it sucks to be a TiVo/Cox user in Las Vegas.

There I go, all off topic again. Sorry. I'll get cracking on those links and try to keep this thread about TiVo's software release.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:25 PM   #323
MeInDallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahwman View Post
The two fixes I was hoping for in this update were suggestions not populating when a tuning adapter is attached and the audio going in and out of phase where it will go from stereo to mono especially when RW or FF. Sadly neither issue has been corrected in this update. As a new TiVo customer and a $1,700 initial investment, I was hoping for more...
Dont give up hope yet. Sometimes if they figure out a fix for something, they will release a small update and send out. I know they have a few times in the past that I can remember. They are monitoring my boxes at least because they seem to be calling home every 6 hours, and they didnt start doing that until I sent my info to someone in engineering. So dont give up hope yet.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #324
ahwman

Quote:
Dont give up hope yet. Sometimes if they figure out a fix for something, they will release a small update and send out. I know they have a few times in the past that I can remember. They are monitoring my boxes at least because they seem to be calling home every 6 hours, and they didnt start doing that until I sent my info to someone in engineering. So dont give up hope yet.
Thank you for the confidence as it does renew my hope...
ahwman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #325
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Anybody know/remember the three digit+clear button sequences that adds additional debugging information to the TiVo logs, that you're supposed to use immediately after a problem?

It was something like 777-clear and/or 911-clear (digits followed by hitting clear quick enough to NOT have the TiVo actually try to tune to the channel digits). I think your Opt In/Neutral/Out status must be set to Opt-In, for it to work, which mine is. If those sequences still work, or there are new ones, I may as well start using them, so when my TiVos call the mother ship, and upload the logs, they can see EXACTLY where they need to be looking.

Of course, even if these do still work, it still requires a call to a TiVo rep and a request for them to manually review your specific logs (that's why the opt-in status is required). I thought if anybody knows and shares this here, it could actually help them debug a few things. If I recall correctly, if you're forced to do a power-cord pull reboot, or your machine just reboots itself, you would use 911-clear, as soon as it comes up far enough to let you do so, and 777-clear just puts a marker in the log with more than the usual amount of debugging data, which you would use for other issues.

I'm not sure if this is something TiVo wants everybody to know about, or if it even works with/without them wanting it, or if it requires your account, or TSNs, to be flagged in able to use it.

EDIT: Based on what somebody else was posting as I wrote this, I think it also requires two forced connections to the TiVo service after entering these sequences and/or your box being set by TiVo, remotely, to call in more frequently to collect the additional data.

EDIT 2: 911-CLEAR IS FOR CRITICAL, NON-A/V ISSUES; 777-CLEAR IS FOR A/V ISSUES; Repeat each incident code, per incident, & as quickly as possible; Two manual connections to TiVo service to upload the extra debugging data.

Last edited by nooneuknow : 05-22-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #326
mattack

Quote:
So, my rating of the update at this point is: 1 step forward and 10 or more steps back.
I definitely vote it as MANY steps forward and 0 steps back.. since it doesn't delete RD (and my shows) when it's in the 60s of percent full range..

Still slow UI like I said, but it was like that before.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:06 PM   #327
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
I refuse to go back to SD menus, however, so I'll live with. Doesn't mean I'm happy with it...
I still keep telling myself I'm going to go back to SD menus.. but really, the one thing I really like about the HD UI is the percentage full meter, even though it was broken (for me) between the 2nd update ago and this latest update...

Call it OCD or whatever you want, but I want to know how full it is so I can make sure it can record the things I want to record when I'm gone.. (and not have EVERYTHING as KUID, because doing that quickly causes insanity because it *can't* know you will really watch something within a day).

Yes, I consider a DVR a "mostly automated" recorder. Though with 4 tuners now, I check up on it _less_ than I used to, most of the time.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:06 PM   #328
MeInDallas

Quote:
Anybody know/remember the three digit+clear button sequences that adds additional debugging information to the TiVo logs, that you're supposed to use immediately after a problem?

It was something like 777-clear and/or 999-clear (non-existent channel digits followed by hitting clear quick enough to NOT have the TiVo actually try to tune to the channel digits). I think your Opt In/Neutral/Out status must be set to Opt-In, for it to work, which mine is. If those sequences still work, or there are new ones, I may as well start using them, so when my TiVos call the mother ship, and upload the logs, they can see EXACTLY where they need to be looking.

Of course, even if these do still work, it still requires a call to a TiVo rep and a request for them to manually review your specific logs (that's why the opt-in status is required). I thought if anybody knows and shares this here, it could actually help them debug a few things. If I recall correctly, if you're forced to do a power-cord pull reboot, or your machine just reboots itself, you would use 999-clear, as soon as it comes up far enough to let you do so, and 777-clear just puts a marker in the log with more than the usual amount of debugging data, which you would use for other issues.

I'm not sure if this is something TiVo wants everybody to know about, or if it even works with/without them wanting it, or if it requires your account, or TSNs, to be flagged in able to use it.

EDIT: Based on what somebody else was posting as I wrote this, I think it also requires two forced connections to the TiVo service after entering these sequences and/or your box being set by TiVo, remotely, to call in more frequently to collect the additional data.
777-clear is for A/V issues
911-clear is for all other issues

Then 2 connects afterwards.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:20 PM   #329
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
I definitely vote it as MANY steps forward and 0 steps back.. since it doesn't delete RD (and my shows) when it's in the 60s of percent full range..

Still slow UI like I said, but it was like that before.
Could you elaborate further, please?

Model of TiVo, date of manufacture, total drive capacity (stock or upgraded?), region, cable provider, brand of CableCard, and more than ONE thing fixed, would be nice...

From what I've been reading, the RD/~60% issue only affects the four-tuner models. I'd be fuming mad if I EVER had the issue you describe, but I've yet to see anybody with a two-tuner model report anything about that issue.

I've seen the insides of the four-tuner models, and even though they are considered the Series 4 platform, just as are the two-tuner models, they DO have significant hardware differences, which could account for lopsided reporting of problems fixed, introduced, and unchanged.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:26 PM   #330
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
777-clear is for A/V issues
911-clear is for all other issues

Then 2 connects afterwards.
Thank You. Something I think came back to me now is that the 911-clear is for "show-stopping" (critical events), and that it's imperative you use the codes as quickly as possible when the events happen, and repeat them every time the event happens. Then, as you said, 2 manual service connections.