TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
lakeflyer

Elite Unit Suddenly Stopped Recording Suggestions!

I have a Tivo Elite HD unit that a few months ago stopped recording suggestions - for no reason that I can find. I have contacted Tivo and gone through all their steps with no success.

1> I have redone the tivo setup - no success.
2> I have reset all tivo suggestions and cleared tivo thumb ratings - readded thumb ratings - no success.
3> Turn on/off suggestions recording - reset unit a hundred times over the past 3 months - no success.

The unit works perfectly except that it will not record suggestions. One hint I can give to a possible issue is that when I add a non-subscribed channel to the lineup, it does attempt to try to record programs on that channel - but only on that channel and no other. That was why I tried redoing the tivo setup and channel lineup configuration - multiple times - with no success. I thought that maybe there was an issue with the channel lineup, but it still does not work.

Anyway, I am totally frustrated and hope someone has a clue as to what the problem is and how to fix it BESIDES performing a factory wipe.

Thanks!

Michael
lakeflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:03 PM   #2
MeInDallas

Mosey on over to this thread:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...28#post9769228

Heres another one:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...ht=suggestions
MeInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #3
lakeflyer

Tivo Suggestions Problem

Thank you for forwarding that link. It sounds like the problem I am experiencing. My question is has anyone actually tried the beta patch to see if it works? It sounds like they want you to sign onto the beta program and sign a confidentiality agreement so you can't say anything bad anymore on the forum!!!!! It's a great legal way to get people to shut-up. Is there anyone out there that can legally answer if the beta really works or not?
lakeflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #4
mdscott

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeflyer View Post
It sounds like they want you to sign onto the beta program and sign a confidentiality agreement so you can't say anything bad anymore on the forum!!!!!
Beta related NDA's normally just relate to the subject of the beta not complaining in general. Additionally most company's beta programs incorporate access to a communications process where you know the development group IS listening. So much better than just er.. "crying" in the wind.

michael