TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #1
classicX
Don't scream.

Falling Skies - 08.19.2012 "A More Perfect Union"

What an epic ending - I'm on pins an needles until 2013.

My thought? The new players are friends - at first I thought it was the overlords armoured up, until he retracted his faceplate. A fishhead would have just attacked.
classicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #2
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

I dunno. I think the new guys looked vicious and badass, then the face reveal and they had a look of trust.

But YET ANOTHER aliens species? It's getting like the layers of bad guys on 24 now.

Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #3
robojerk

I think it has to be an ally, as annoying as the 2nd Mass. are to the fish heads/skitters, there is no real way for them to win this war other than hiding deep in the ground. Also the "super weapon" the fish heads were working on was pointed up, into space. Probably to keep these new guys from coming onto the planet.

However these new guys might be planning to kill us after a victory on earth to claim the planet as their own (what happened to their planet?). Nothing like setting up distrust and drama between two groups to give the writers a plenty of plot points.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #4
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

It's pretty obvious that the new species is not an enemy. First, they wouldn't expose themselves like that to a whole army of people pointing guns if their intent was to do battle. Second, we know that the fishhead weapon was aimed at the sky and wasn't meant for humans. So this new species is at war with the fishheads and will likely team up with the humans next season.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #5
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

It would be ironic if the whole reason for the fishheads being here was to protect us from the new guys, since we're obviously too inferior to protect ourselves (much as we protect cats from the harsh realities of life by keeping them as pets).

And if we really NEED their protection.

I have a feeling that there won't be any simple answers as to who the good guys and bad guys are in the galactic war. (I'd say "villains," but that word has caused enough trouble Over There.)
Old 08-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #6
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

After my initial posting, I've seen some responses to it on the internet, and some interesting speculation. I'll spoiler tag it, of course. What if...

Spoiler:
they're not a new alien species at all, but they're what the harnessed kids BECOME after being harnessed for a long period of time?

Come on, Season 3.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:31 AM   #7
Ment

Wonder if Red Skitter had contact with these new aliens thus the push to take out the new weapon. If it wasn't aimed at humans why'd the 2nd Mass go take it out by their own volition?
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #8
whitson77
Director Level

Me gusta this show.

Even if them leaving Hal alone was just stupid. Clearly she put something in him. Clearly he should have had someone watching him at all times. But let's just leave him alone in his bed...

Everything else was very good and entertaining.
whitson77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #9
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
It would be ironic if the whole reason for the fishheads being here was to protect us from the new guys, since we're obviously too inferior to protect ourselves (much as we protect cats from the harsh realities of life by keeping them as pets).

And if we really NEED their protection.

I have a feeling that there won't be any simple answers as to who the good guys and bad guys are in the galactic war. (I'd say "villains," but that word has caused enough trouble Over There.)
Not really plausible, considering they decimated the human race planet-wide themselves.

dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #10
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

I see no need to put speculation into spoiler tags.

The lack of simple curiosity (never mind that it's crucial intelligence) about where these aliens are from; what they want, ...etc. is idiotic. Even if the red-eye is a double-agent, why not get some answers (even lies are better than no information!)?
Anubys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #11
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitson77 View Post
Even if them leaving Hal alone was just stupid. Clearly she put something in him. Clearly he should have had someone watching him at all times. But let's just leave him alone in his bed...
"Don't worry, we'll keep an eye on him."

Uh, yeah, how did THAT work out for you?

I was impressed by the flash of evil when he was gazing into the mirror, though.

Not so impressed by the little bug who thought the best route to the brain was out the front of the eye socket, across the face, and into the ear, where there's no opening to the brain, instead of through the back of the eye socket, where there's a direct route to the brain. I guess little bugs know as much about human anatomy as human doctors know about keeping an eye on somebody...
Old 08-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #12
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Yes, the girl kisses Hal and he goes unconscious. Clearly she did something to him, and the first assumption would be the implantation of some kind of trojan horse. How they could then leave him alone makes no sense to me.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #13
Ment

Quote:
Not so impressed by the little bug who thought the best route to the brain was out the front of the eye socket, across the face, and into the ear, where there's no opening to the brain, instead of through the back of the eye socket, where there's a direct route to the brain. I guess little bugs know as much about human anatomy as human doctors know about keeping an eye on somebody...
Maybe the bug is up for contract renewal and wanted some airtime.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #14
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

That was too funny, though!

I think the last words said were that they would keep an eye on him and then they ALL left the room

they went about their business as if Hal was taking a nap.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #15
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
How they could then leave him alone makes no sense to me.
He was sleepy, so they left him in peace!
With the introduction to this new alien, there will be a lot going on at the start of the next season so even if they were keeping an eye on him I can understand his new "evilness" going unnoticed, everyone will be too pre-occupied thinking about these new guys.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #16
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

Maybe something will burst out of Hal's chest next season.

Gnu alien looks somewhat akin to Skitter aliens. (Is that species profiling?).

(I had Fun, fun, fun 'til Katrina took my Ti-Vos away)

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
RGM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #17
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGM1138 View Post
Gnu alien looks somewhat akin to Skitter aliens. (Is that species profiling?).
Yes, it is. To me, the take-away from his taking off the helmet is that he was nothing like the aliens we've already seen.

Then again, I'M not an alienist, like you obviously are. I guess YOU think they all look alike.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:51 PM   #18
Mike20878
Jake & Adam's dad

So we have to wait until when to see season 3? Next July? Ugh...
Mike20878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #19
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

"2013," whatever that means.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #20
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

Quote:
Yes, it is. To me, the take-away from his taking off the helmet is that he was nothing like the aliens we've already seen.

Then again, I'M not an alienist, like you obviously are. I guess YOU think they all look alike.
Hey, some of my best friends are aliens. I even have a golfing buddy from a small, backwater planet. (Well, he's my caddy, but still).

(I had Fun, fun, fun 'til Katrina took my Ti-Vos away)

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
RGM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:49 PM   #21
NetJunkie

My guess is the new aliens are what the skidders were before being harnassed.

NetJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #22
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20878 View Post
So we have to wait until when to see season 3? Next July? Ugh...
The last two seasons have premiered in the summer after the broadcast networks go on break, so it's likely that's when S3 will premiere as well. TNT may decide this show has enough juice to try and compete with broadcast and bring it back during the TV season, but I think that would be a big mistake.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:10 AM   #23
fmowry

Argh. Hopefully the pregnancy arc doesn't drag like in The Walking Dead. Moon is 5 months pregnant now. Not sure when they shoot next season, but maybe they could write the pregnancy out in the first episode with an alien induced miscarriage or something.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:27 AM   #24
cheesesteak
Meh.

Tom: Torture me all you want. I'll never tell you what I know! My girlfriend is pregnant? Screw the other 6 billion people on the planet. I'll tell you everything!

You'd think that nomadic people in a post-apocalyptic society who spend a good portion of the day scrounging around for "stuff" would remember to pick up some condoms from the abandoned Rite-Aids the come across. Especially the doctor.

The new aliens must be part of the 1% if they all have their own private space capsule.

I wouldn't mind if they found a universal translator next season. I like it when everybody in the universe speaks english.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #25
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

karen's reaction also didn't make sense. It's all "my master" this and "my master" that; almost worshiping the guy.

Then "oh. He's dead? who cares?! ha ha ha ha. This isn't over!"
Old 08-21-2012, 07:36 AM   #26
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

This is a stupid show.

I like it.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:24 AM   #27
mwhip
All better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
karen's reaction also didn't make sense. It's all "my master" this and "my master" that; almost worshiping the guy.

Then "oh. He's dead? who cares?! ha ha ha ha. This isn't over!"
I don't think her master is dead.

I think the true controlling alien beings are the little creatures that were in Tom's eye and now in Hal's eye and ear. I think between the harnesses and these little bugs their MO is mind control.

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:28 AM   #28
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip View Post
I don't think her master is dead.

I think the true controlling alien beings are the little creatures that were in Tom's eye and now in Hal's eye and ear. I think between the harnesses and these little bugs their MO is mind control.
I disagree. Those little bugs were purely mechanical while the others (Skitters, harnesses, overlords) are all organic. These were clearly spy devices. They did not control Tom in the least, as far as we know.

Now, it seems that the writers have decided that these devices can control the minds as well (with Hal), so there is room there for interpretation. But I still think they are a device; not the "big evil".
Old 08-21-2012, 08:32 AM   #29
mostman

Oh... the acting. How superb

I think what we are about to find out is that these two races have been warring for centuries over control of the galaxy and Earth was just a strategic outpost in the war. So, new guys want to help Humans kill fishheads - but only so THEY can control the planet instead. So, in other words, Earth is Midway.
mostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #30
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
Not so impressed by the little bug who thought the best route to the brain was out the front of the eye socket, across the face, and into the ear, where there's no opening to the brain, instead of through the back of the eye socket, where there's a direct route to the brain.
Maybe the bug wasn't trying to get to the brain. Maybe it just wanted to hear better.

I'm sure that they want these aliens to be (perceived as) allies. How do I know? Baby/puppy eyes! Must be friendly.