TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-02-2008, 08:44 AM   #1
ChevyS10

Cannot activate new Tivo

Just to rant a bit....

Been trying to activate a new dual tuner since Sunday and the website keeps giving me an error message saying try again later. Called customer support to activate and they told me that their system is updating and they cannot activate any units until the update is complete.

4 days and still can't activate....come on guys......get with it.
ChevyS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:52 AM   #2
TiVoStephen
formerly TiVoOpsMgr

I've heard of a couple of these issues but there doesn't seem to be a pattern. Can you please try a different credit card and let me know if that works? If it doesn't, please send me an e-mail with your contact info and we'll get this straightened out. Sorry to hear about the frustrating problem.

Best regards,
Stephen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TiVoStephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:44 PM   #3
ChevyS10

I am attempting to use a Visa gift card. I have used one in the past and have not has an issue. I will try another card....

Ok...Tried an actual credit card rather than the Visa gift card and it worked. Thanks for the suggestion TivoStephen. I am a bit disappointed that I cannot use the Visa gift card as I prefer not to have any of my actual credit card information linked to the Tivo..or any other service for that matter. As I mentioned earlier, I have used a gift card in the past without issue. I hope I will be able to do so again in the future.....

Thanks

Last edited by ChevyS10 : 07-02-2008 at 01:06 PM.
ChevyS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:31 PM   #4
magnus
Tivo User

Those Visa gift cards are a PITA. I have tried to use them for purchases at the store. The cashier has to do several steps to use them. They have to know the amount of the card (for example $100). Then they have to take that amount off and then charge the rest of it to another card.

I'm not saying this is the case here but maybe something similar applies here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyS10 View Post
I am attempting to use a Visa gift card. I have used one in the past and have not has an issue. I will try another card....

Ok...Tried an actual credit card rather than the Visa gift card and it worked. Thanks for the suggestion TivoStephen. I am a bit disappointed that I cannot use the Visa gift card as I prefer not to have any of my actual credit card information linked to the Tivo..or any other service for that matter. As I mentioned earlier, I have used a gift card in the past without issue. I hope I will be able to do so again in the future.....

Thanks

magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #5
Itproman

I tried to activate a new account at tivo.com/activate since Saturday and kept getting a page error.

I asked in Tivo Help and someone checked by pretending to sign a new account and confirmed that the page is not working.
Itproman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #6
bshrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itproman View Post
I tried to activate a new account at tivo.com/activate since Saturday and kept getting a page error.

I asked in Tivo Help and someone checked by pretending to sign a new account and confirmed that the page is not working.
For the record, what browser / OS are you using?
bshrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #7
Itproman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshrock View Post
For the record, what browser / OS are you using?
Read this:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=504295

Lessd has already proven that the page is in error,not me,or any computers in this house.

To answer your question:

(I've been using computers for over 20 yrs,many different operating systems and am an I.T. Professional by trade,so the first thing I thought of was "OS and Browser" error,maybe.lol).

In any event -the answer is 'all of 'em!"

If the page is not working,no OS,or Browser will make any difference!

I have 3 computers in this house and tried 2 of them;this windows 7 laptop using Firefox and IE10,another,firstly,using Ubuntu and Firefox.

As it turns out,Lessd,in the Tivo Help thread posted above,was able to duplicate the problem by pretending to set up a new account and got the same error msg.

Activating on a current account worked fine.

Tivo needs to get the page fixed.

Last edited by Itproman : 05-13-2013 at 04:57 PM. Reason: error,add,correction
Old 05-14-2013, 08:57 AM   #8
bshrock

Quote:
Read this:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=504295

Lessd has already proven that the page is in error,not me,or any computers in this house.
So why did you revive this old thread and start a new thread?

Quote:
Read this:
To answer your question:

(I've been using computers for over 20 yrs,many different operating systems and am an I.T. Professional by trade,so the first thing I thought of was "OS and Browser" error,maybe.lol).

In any event -the answer is 'all of 'em!"

If the page is not working,no OS,or Browser will make any difference!

I have 3 computers in this house and tried 2 of them;this windows 7 laptop using Firefox and IE10,another,firstly,using Ubuntu and Firefox.

As it turns out,Lessd,in the Tivo Help thread posted above,was able to duplicate the problem by pretending to set up a new account and got the same error msg.
I'm am not an IT Professional, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express
I went to the link you provided in the other post and it re-directs me to https://www3.tivo.com/tivo-mma/activate/activate.do where it wants a TSN number. I don't have a spare TiVo TSN to go any farther.

Quote:
Activating on a current account worked fine.

Tivo needs to get the page fixed.
Yes they do, If you are still having the problem today please report it to TiVo. Live chat with support starts at 7AM PT M-F.
bshrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:58 AM   #9
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshrock View Post
https://www3.tivo.com/tivo-mma/activate/activate.do where it wants a TSN number. I don't have a spare TiVo TSN to go any farther.

Yes they do, If you are still having the problem today please report it to TiVo. Live chat with support starts at 7AM PT M-F.
The sight is now working for new customers, at least going as far as TiVo asking for my credit card for a new activation of a TP.

Price & terms Promotional offer
$14.99 / Service Only, 1 Year, Monthly Not applicable Details
$499.99 / TiVo Lifetime Service Not applicable Details

All charges are in US Dollars

Questions about TiVo service plans? Please call Customer Support at: 877-367-8486

Terms & conditions
I accept the terms & conditions of the TiVo payment plan, TiVo service agreement, and extended warranty agreement, as applicable. If you chose a monthly service commitment (e.g, 1-year), an early termination fee will apply. See the TiVo payment plan or the promotional terms and conditions for more information. If you do not cancel your subscription, it will auto-renew on a monthly basis at the same monthly rate until you call TiVo at 1-877-367-8486, select option 2.
Payment and account information
All fields required.

Credit card: Master Card Visa American Express Discover Credit card number: secure payment Expiration date: mm 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 year 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 Name on card:

Old 05-14-2013, 05:40 PM   #10
Itproman

Id din't revive anything.

I noted somebody was having trouble activating,so I posted that I was also having the same problem and posted a link to another thread where lessd checked and verified that the tivo activate link wasn't working.

Now it is.

@lessd:

Thanks for the Tivo terms info.

As soon as Zap2it gets their act together and updates the channel data for my area,I'll activate.

Thanks too all.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:32 PM   #11
innocentfreak

Quote:
Id din't revive anything.

I noted somebody was having trouble activating,so I posted that I was also having the same problem and posted a link to another thread where lessd checked and verified that the tivo activate link wasn't working.

Now it is.

@lessd:

Thanks for the Tivo terms info.

As soon as Zap2it gets their act together and updates the channel data for my area,I'll activate.

Thanks too all.
He is talking about the fact you brought a thread back to the top from 2008 which was the date of the last post before yours.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:56 AM   #12
Itproman

Arrow

Ooos!

My bad!