TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-03-2014, 10:48 AM   #1
hummingbird_206

Longmire Season 3 Spoilers

Season 3 thread. If folks want individual ep threads, please feel free to start them.

Glad they didn't kill off Branch. Daddy sure is a piece of work.

Why are they turning Henry into an idiot? He leaves $40K in his safe for his gf to steal? And he waives his rights? Come on, Henry isn't stupid.

The chemistry between Walt and Vic is just smoking hot. Wow! I hope they never get romantically involved, but it sure is fun to watch them together.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:20 AM   #2
RonDawg

Is it me, or was the season opener a bit of a disappointment compared to how last season ended?
RonDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:29 AM   #3
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

The thing that disappointed me was the emphasis on mysticism, which just seemed out-of-place. I assume that eventually there will be a logical explanation, but it just seems out of character for this gritty, down-to-Earth show to take it so seriously in the meanwhile...
Old 06-05-2014, 09:35 PM   #4
hummingbird_206

Yeah, the season opener definitely wasn't up to par with the season finale. But I still enjoyed the ep, except as Rob says, for the mysticism. But it seems like I remember that they did something similar before with the guy on horse that Walt kept seeing? Don't remember exactly what happened there, but I think it turned out to be something non-mystical.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:23 PM   #5
RonDawg

This season's opener for some reason didn't hold my attention that the show normally does. And the notion of Branch's attempted murder as being somehow a way to get to his father seems weird. Why not just go after the father directly if that's the case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
But it seems like I remember that they did something similar before with the guy on horse that Walt kept seeing? Don't remember exactly what happened there, but I think it turned out to be something non-mystical.
Not only did he (the "Contrary Warrior") turn out to be a fraud (he was an alcoholic and what Henry called a "pest") but it turned out that HE killed his own sister over her cutting him off financially.

Maybe there is a scientific explanation for Branch seeing an apparently dead guy shoot him in the gut, when they have already confirmed that guy is long dead.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:25 AM   #6
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonDawg View Post
Maybe there is a scientific explanation for Branch seeing an apparently dead guy shoot him in the gut, when they have already confirmed that guy is long dead.
I think they already dropped the seeds for that. It seems most reasonable that he "mis-remembered" under the influence of the peyote.

I've had that happen even without the benefit of drugs, where I "remember" something happening at an earlier time than it could have. Memory is weird. Drugs make it weirder. And that seemed to be what Longmire was getting at when he was questioning Branch.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:46 PM   #7
pendragn

Quote:
And he waives his rights? Come on, Henry isn't stupid.
I didn't take it as stupidity. I took it in the same vein as keeping the teeth, as an insurance policy that he gets convicted and Walt can't take the fall for him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pendragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:17 PM   #8
RonDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I think they already dropped the seeds for that. It seems most reasonable that he "mis-remembered" under the influence of the peyote.

I've had that happen even without the benefit of drugs, where I "remember" something happening at an earlier time than it could have. Memory is weird. Drugs make it weirder. And that seemed to be what Longmire was getting at when he was questioning Branch.
I don't think it will be as simple as saying it's just the peyote. I'm pretty sure the writers have something else in store, which I would like as long as it's not outrageous (think Dallas and the "dream sequence" where Bobby Ewing steps out of the shower, as if the previous season never happened).
Old 06-14-2014, 04:28 PM   #9
hummingbird_206

6/9/2014 "Of Children and Travelers"

Looks like they are going to drag out the Henry story all season. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but would have liked to see at least a bit of progress on that front. And Cady is going to be Henry's attorney...shocking

Didn't care about the other case (murdered girl) at all. They did nothing to make me interested in whether they caught the killer or not.

Not one of the better eps IMO.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:48 PM   #10
MikeCC
TiVotee

Maybe, but I think the story was a way to intensify the simmering attraction between Walt and Vic. We've seen her interest, but this episode we got to see the Sheriff begin to feel overwhelmed by those sexual urges he feels for her.

Up to now, I suspected he may be attracted... but this episode confirmed it.
MikeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:54 PM   #11
RonDawg

I agree that so far, this season has been a bit of a disappointment. It's starting to become a bit bland.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:05 AM   #12
DouglasPHill

I've read most of the books and watched the previous seasons, now I'm confused as to what happened where. I recall Longmire banged Starbucks mother in one book or show. I also think he did Starbuck in one and am pretty sure in the books her hubby is long gone.
DouglasPHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:13 PM   #13
Edmund
Remote Czar

If you visit the Longmire page on IMDB, then look at your recently viewed pages at the bottom, you'll find Tom Cruise and Jennifer Aniston pages right before the Longmire? There's thread on the Longmire message board dealing with this.
Edmund is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:34 AM   #14
RonDawg

Quote:
I agree that so far, this season has been a bit of a disappointment. It's starting to become a bit bland.
I will say that tonight's episode "Miss Cheyenne" has been better than the first two episodes from this season. Hopefully the writers can keep it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasPHill View Post
I've read most of the books and watched the previous seasons, now I'm confused as to what happened where. I recall Longmire banged Starbucks mother in one book or show. I also think he did Starbuck in one and am pretty sure in the books her hubby is long gone.
I haven't read the books, but as far as the TV series is concerned, the only person with whom Walt has had a sexual relationship (besides his wife) was Lizzie Ambrose, whom he met during the investigation of a murder that occurred on her property in Season 1.

He has yet to get in bed with Vic, though his feelings for her have been most intense in episode 2.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:32 AM   #15
DouglasPHill

I have to admit, this latest Longmire was very good.
DouglasPHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:07 PM   #16
hummingbird_206

The third ep was definitely an improvement over the first two.

I'm not seeing anything on Walt's side as far as attraction to Vic goes. They have great chemistry, and we keep seeing looks that she's giving him, but I don't see anything he's doing that would make me think he's interested in her that way. Like when she picked up his beer, he seemed annoyed, not aroused.

Has Branch always been so wooden? I used to like his character, but this season he just seems so blah to me.

I'm to the point where I just want to FF through the Henry and Cady stuff. Not holding my interest at all.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:41 PM   #17
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Has Branch always been so wooden? I used to like his character, but this season he just seems so blah to me.
Well, he WAS just shot! I like that they make him look and act like somebody who's recovering from major physical trauma, instead of a one-episode recovery.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:28 PM   #18
hummingbird_206

Quote:
Well, he WAS just shot! I like that they make him look and act like somebody who's recovering from major physical trauma, instead of a one-episode recovery.
Hum, well, I guess that could be it. But he's recovered enough to be back on the job and out drinking beer. To me it just comes across as the actor losing interest and not really putting much in to his performance.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:50 PM   #19
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Hum, well, I guess that could be it. But he's recovered enough to be back on the job and out drinking beer. To me it just comes across as the actor losing interest and not really putting much in to his performance.
Right, but he SHOULDN'T be back ion the job, and he can barely stand up (or sit back down).
Old 06-24-2014, 09:27 AM   #20
RonDawg

Quote:
Right, but he SHOULDN'T be back ion the job, and he can barely stand up (or sit back down).
Yeah he mentioned in the car to Henry (after Henry's monitoring bracelet showed him outside his curfew area) that at least Henry can walk a mile without having to sit down due to dizziness. The last two episodes, Cady, Vic, and now Walt have expressed concerns to Branch about coming back to work so quickly.

Speaking of electronic monitoring, a bit of a peeve....Henry is NOT a parolee like the guy from the monitoring center said he was. You have to be convicted of a crime first to be on parole. Henry hasn't been tried yet for the murder, much less convicted.

The last two episodes have ratcheted down Walt's attraction to Vic, especially after he saw how Ed Gorski's apparent return to Absaroka is causing a rift between Vic and her husband. Her flashback though shows for the first time that her relationship with Gorski's went far beyond the call of duty, and could explain why Gorski is still stalking her besides the fact that she testified against him in a corruption case.

I do wonder what tie-in the peyote dealer (the one kidnapped by Branch from his house on the rez) has to do with what has happened so far.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:27 AM   #21
Bob Coxner

Quote:
The third ep was definitely an improvement over the first two.

I'm not seeing anything on Walt's side as far as attraction to Vic goes. They have great chemistry, and we keep seeing looks that she's giving him, but I don't see anything he's doing that would make me think he's interested in her that way. Like when she picked up his beer, he seemed annoyed, not aroused.
I'll disagree. When they had the adjoining motel rooms he took a long look at the door between them. Then when she knocked you could tell he was thinking seriously and as he went to open the door he slicked back his hair. That seemed like preparation to me.
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:06 PM   #22
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
Speaking of electronic monitoring, a bit of a peeve....Henry is NOT a parolee like the guy from the monitoring center said he was. You have to be convicted of a crime first to be on parole. Henry hasn't been tried yet for the murder, much less convicted.
It's quite possible--even likely--that the monitoring company doesn't know that though. They just have someone they're monitoring and they don't have, or care about, the details of the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Coxner View Post
I'll disagree. When they had the adjoining motel rooms he took a long look at the door between them. Then when she knocked you could tell he was thinking seriously and as he went to open the door he slicked back his hair. That seemed like preparation to me.
Definitely; me too. I hope they don't go that way. I won't like it.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:13 PM   #23
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
Definitely; me too. I hope they don't go that way. I won't like it.
Yeah, I got the feeling that this last week Walt realized what he was getting himself into, and backed away.

If the marriage fails anyway, though, I suspect all bets are off. I hope they can avoid going there.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:57 PM   #24
RonDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
It's quite possible--even likely--that the monitoring company doesn't know that though. They just have someone they're monitoring and they don't have, or care about, the details of the case.
In which case they simply state "a person with an electronic monitoring bracelet has exceeded the allowed limits of the device." However, they do know, because if/when law enforcement detains that person, there has to be a way to verify that person's limits, and not just rely on the device being accurate.

It's a case of a writer who got lazy and didn't research it first.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:45 AM   #25
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
In which case they simply state "a person with an electronic monitoring bracelet has exceeded the allowed limits of the device."
I have no problems believing that this guy would use a simple shorthand instead of saying "a person with an electronic monitoring bracelet" all the time.

Quote:
However, they do know, because if/when law enforcement detains that person, there has to be a way to verify that person's limits, and not just rely on the device being accurate.
I'm not sure how this relates to what I wrote. Obviously the monitoring company knows a number of things about the monitoree; in the show they gave his name for example. Of course they know who he is and what his range is. But that doesn't mean they know the particulars about his legal status, whether he's a parolee, out on bail, or whatever. They don't need to know that to monitor him.

Quote:
It's a case of a writer who got lazy and didn't research it first.
I definitely won't disagree with this: it's highly likely they didn't research it. I'm just saying that having the monitoring center guy call him a "parolee" when he's really out on bail is not outlandish and I can easily see that happening in real life.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:05 PM   #26
hummingbird_206

Wanted Man 6/30/2014

Vic knows that Branch is a kidnapper, but she doesn't know if she should report it because of what happened to her before? Hum, that seems like a stretch to me.

I don't think I remembered that the former sheriff was Branch's uncle. But they do have the same last name. I like Lucian, he's entertaining. Hope he's around more.

And David Ridges is still alive.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:28 PM   #27
stellie93

So the tribe has enough power to get that guy parole even though a law enforcement person says he threatened to kill someone?
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:17 PM   #28
jkovach
TiVoing since 1999!

I really enjoyed the 1st season of this show. The 2nd season not so much. After 2 episodes of season 3 I've deleted my season pass. Did they hire a bunch of new writers or something?
jkovach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:00 PM   #29
RonDawg

Quote:
Vic knows that Branch is a kidnapper, but she doesn't know if she should report it because of what happened to her before? Hum, that seems like a stretch to me.
No not a stretch at all. Whistleblowers (in different occupations) often have a hard life afterward. At minimum they can expect to be shunned, but threats against them and their families is also not uncommon. Remember that Branch comes from a wealthy family...he wrote the $100k check for Henry's bail like he was writing a check at the supermarket.

I didn't expect the "ex-lover/stalking" thing though...I thought Gorski's actions were purely for revenge for Vic's testimony leading to the dismissal of the other officer, leading him to suicide.

Last edited by RonDawg : 07-04-2014 at 12:08 PM.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:01 PM   #30
RonDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
So the tribe has enough power to get that guy parole even though a law enforcement person says he threatened to kill someone?
It's not the tribe...the ex-tribal police chief apparently has friends in a lot of places. Notice that one time when Walt went to go visit Henry in jail, that the ex-chief was the one who showed up in the visiting room? And that the guards let him do whatever he wanted to do within the jail?