TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #31
jilter
Happy to be here.

So, the first night's taping was in December according g to a Phoenix paper.
Why is this just getting so much coverage now?
Old 05-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #32
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PattonO Amys.jpg (82.2 KB, 552 views)
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #33
inaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilter View Post
So, the first night's taping was in December according g to a Phoenix paper.
Why is this just getting so much coverage now?
Because the episode just aired.
inaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:03 PM   #34
sharkster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
God is on her side! What do YOU have?? Just your sites.

People like her make me proud to be a godless heathen.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #35
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaka View Post
Because the episode just aired.
Yep. It aired last Friday. Kitchen Nightmares airs nationally.

Since I don't live in the Phoenix area, I had no idea this was going over there.
cwerdna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:04 PM   #36
inaka

Made the front page of Yahoo. LOL

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2013-05-14 at 2.03.00 PM.jpg (39.4 KB, 511 views)
inaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:08 PM   #37
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
I like this gem:
Like the comments they don't know how reddit works.

Just waiting them to disparage cats so 4chan can get involved.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:11 PM   #38
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PattonO amy2.jpg (26.7 KB, 509 views)
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #39
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Patton. That is too funny.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #40
Azlen

Now they are claiming that all of their accounts were hacked and they wouldn't have written such terrible things. Has anyone who has ever screwed up online that used the "I've been hacked" defense ever been telling the truth?
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #41
mrdazzo7

man, now I'm mad that I didn't record it this week. I never really set a SP for the show but if I remember it's on I usually record it. I saw an article on MSN today about these people losing their **** and reading this thread makes me want to watch it even more, lol. You never hear about these places after the show, aside from the little blurbs...I'm always wondering how they do down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
Now they are claiming that all of their accounts were hacked and they wouldn't have written such terrible things. Has anyone who has ever screwed up online that used the "I've been hacked" defense ever been telling the truth?
No clue if they were hacked or not BUT I will say that it's not impossible. I signed into facebook on a phone at the verizon store once to test it out and forgot to sign out. People took liberties. So it DOES happen, lol. But based on what I'm reading about these peeps, they probably wrote it... Them getting hacked would actually be more believable in this case because the idea that a business owner could be that blatantly stupid is too hard to accept.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #42
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdazzo7 View Post
man, now I'm mad that I didn't record it this week. I never really set a SP for the show but if I remember it's on I usually record it. I saw an article on MSN today about these people losing their **** and reading this thread makes me want to watch it even more, lol. You never hear about these places after the show, aside from the little blurbs...I'm always wondering how they do down the road.

Kitchen Nightmares Season 6 Episode 16 Part 1
You need to upgrade your Flash Player
and part 2 are still up, for now. I wonder how long before it gets yanked.

Re: how the places do, down the road. The other day I stumbled across https://sites.google.com/site/ramsayskitchennightmares/. I don't know how accurate it is.
cwerdna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #43
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdazzo7 View Post
No clue if they were hacked or not BUT I will say that it's not impossible. I signed into facebook on a phone at the verizon store once to test it out and forgot to sign out. People took liberties. So it DOES happen, lol. But based on what I'm reading about these peeps, they probably wrote it... Them getting hacked would actually be more believable in this case because the idea that a business owner could be that blatantly stupid is too hard to accept.
They are claiming that their twitter, facebook, yelp and website were all hacked. Possible yes but far from probable. Especially considering that they have previously been shown to respond that way when criticized.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:00 AM   #44
newsposter
Poster of News

in the yahoo pic shown above, she looks like she could be an alien in a sci fi series.

i wonder who these people's friends are..who they go out with .things like that. can you imagine the interaction

you landed on my property, you pay me rent for boardwork now or i beat u face and if they lose it's a conspiracy between the other players

!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #45
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

Finally got around to watching this last night and, while we know some things are embellished for TV, the producers HAD to be certain to paint as truthful a picture as possible.

The fact that Amy blatantly lied about making the cakes takes away all credibility she may have had and any lawyer would beat her down in a heartbeat.

I completely dismiss any posts on FB or any of the social media sites since the show aired. Some are completely obvious (including the ones from morons who seem to think it's funny to create an account with a similar name to the couple and lace it with obscenities and profanity) and other not so, but they siply can't be trusted. After examining the original 'Joel' blog and response, I can only come to the conclusion that they ARE delusional!
Old 05-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #46
Big Deficit
Happy now?

Was Amy on another cooking show like Chopped? She looked familiar, but I couldn't place it.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #47
pmyers

wow...that was some episode.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:19 PM   #48
aaronwt
HD Addict

I watched it this past weekend. It was very enjoyable but I would have hated to be an actual patron at that restuarant. Those owners were totally crazy. I know if they were located in the DC area, they would have closed down a long time ago with their attitude.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #49
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

There is a thread over in HH about this and someone posted a link over there showng Amy is a convicted felon.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/99385847/MICHAEL-D
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #50
pmyers

I really wish that Ramsey had said something like "there are hundreds/thousands of restraunts out there who actually WANT my help and would do anything I say".
Old 05-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #51
Lee 2.0
Hoopy frood

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post

I'm really curious how much business they are doing. Is this in, or near, a big retirement area of AZ where, perhaps, less people spend a lot of time online and probably don't watch Gordon Ramsay shows? That's the only way I can see anybody even patronizing the place.
It's a very high traffic area, across the street from where I went to high school. Probably the people who started hassling her were students, because they hassle everyone, but she overreacted and messing with her is probably the local pastime now. Pretty much anything could stay in business in that area, but she won't enjoy it...
Lee 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #52
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee 2.0 View Post
It's a very high traffic area, across the street from where I went to high school. Probably the people who started hassling her were students, because they hassle everyone, but she overreacted and messing with her is probably the local pastime now. Pretty much anything could stay in business in that area, but she won't enjoy it...
so they really are out to get her then?

!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:23 PM   #53
Philosofy
Super Duper Member

I believe her when she says she is a Christian. She's probably a member of the Wesboro Baptist Church.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #54
pmyers

Wouldn't it have been obvious to Ramsey or the producers that those baked goods weren't made there? I didn't see one piece of baking equipment the entire episode. I thought that would come out during the show that she was lying.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #55
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Wouldn't it have been obvious to Ramsey or the producers that those baked goods weren't made there? I didn't see one piece of baking equipment the entire episode. I thought that would come out during the show that she was lying.
Amy made some argument that Walmart doesn't tell people that their branded products aren't made by them and she doesn't have to either. Customers are paying for her eye for good product apparently no matter the source. lol
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #56
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

I'm not sure that he had time to confront her on whether she really made the cakes. She'd already lied about it and was completely dilusional about her food. Was it necessary to add the liar tag when it was obvious she wasn't what she claimed to be?

I wonder if the producers knew about her past when they agreed to allow Gordon to film. After all, not disclosing stuff has cost reality contestants in other shows in the past.

I love the way he corrected Samy saying "It's not a 'show' to me".
Old 05-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #57
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
There's a funny thing about the food industry -- cooking and baking are like two completely different countries, although they sometimes co-exist in the same space. The Great Divide is often revealed on shows like Top Chef, The Taste, etc. when the chefs are asked to make a dessert and you find out they've never made one.

It probably would have been obvious to any pastry chef that the baked goods were made off-site, just as Ramsey can spot all the food that isn't cooked fresh. But I don't know how much experience Ramsey has himself, doing desserts or baking.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:19 PM   #58
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
...I love the way he corrected Samy saying "It's not a 'show' to me".
I did love that line.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #59
Win Joy Jr

I just watched it.

What. Were. They. Thinking?

This has got to be some sort set-up. No way they could have stayed in business with only one cook working one ticket at a time. And the kitchen is not that big to service that large of a dining room.

I may need to go to Scottsdale in the fall. I may stop by in the fall if they are still open...
Old 05-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #60
Lee 2.0
Hoopy frood

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgatroyd View Post
There's a funny thing about the food industry -- cooking and baking are like two completely different countries, although they sometimes co-exist in the same space. The Great Divide is often revealed on shows like Top Chef, The Taste, etc. when the chefs are asked to make a dessert and you find out they've never made one.

It probably would have been obvious to any pastry chef that the baked goods were made off-site, just as Ramsey can spot all the food that isn't cooked fresh. But I don't know how much experience Ramsey has himself, doing desserts or baking.
Definitely true.
Lee 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote