TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #31
Honora

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterMurph View Post
Cochram is certainly smart enough to honor the "never win the family challenge" rule. But I don't think they stood a chance anyway.
Win or lose he had a nice chat with Mom while they worked.
Honora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #32
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

I think they knew they wouldn't win. She apologized before they started.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #33
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryhamm View Post
How cruel was it to have that BBQ just off the camp beach?
And BRILLIANT!!!
pmyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #34
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
Great insight about the family challanges.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #35
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

I just got caught up on the last 5 weeks of Survivor over the last 2 nights, and my lasting impression of those eps is Dawn is a freaking mess and completely unstable. Now that Malcolm is gone, I really have no one left to root for. Cochran is amusing to me, and he's definitely less of a weasel and wuss this time around, but I still can't really pull for him. I think I'm rooting for Eddie by default at this point, even though he's basically a cipher with little personality from what we've seen.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #36
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Wow. What a show! I can't believe Brenda took that deal! It was a lousy deal for her and Dawn to begin with, and I could have told her that she would NOT be rewarded by loyalty for her act of kindness. Quite the opposite really...

All in all, one of the cruelest blindsides in Survivor History. I feel bad for Brenda but I LOVE the show!
Old 05-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #37
stellie93

Eric was so starving in the beginning--don't they have rice or beans left? They never show them eating anything except for rewards.

I wonder if they weigh them regularly for health reasons? They always seem to know how much weight they've lost--like there's a scales sitting around camp.

Was there something about the challenge that made it easier for women than men? I know Brenda and Dawn probably weigh 160 pounds between them, but you'd think the guys would have way more strength in their arms.

I hate to see Sherry get this far. She seems so worthless. Brenda played a good game, and she seems really nice (and her Dad is cute) but she should have held back a little more on the challenges. Except for this last immunity.....
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #38
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
don't they have rice or beans left?
They should... wasn't it just 2 episodes ago (so like 6 days in Survivorland) that they got sacks of beans and rice and a lot of grody peanut butter that they were scraping off their hands and faces into a container when they got back to camp?
Old 05-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #39
DougF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honora View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that Cochran & Mom didn't really push themselves in the reward challenge because they didn't want to win?
I just figured he knew they had no chance in hell of winning and didn't really want to push his 60-something mother in that heat.
DougF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #40
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
Was there something about the challenge that made it easier for women than men? I know Brenda and Dawn probably weigh 160 pounds between them, but you'd think the guys would have way more strength in their arms.
I just figure that they are so weakened by now with all the weight loss that they their strength reserves are about gone, so they're going to fatigue easier. So the heavier ones that would have to rely more on strength are going to struggle. But yeah, it did seem surprising.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #41
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPirateRob View Post
I just figure that they are so weakened by now with all the weight loss that they their strength reserves are about gone, so they're going to fatigue easier. So the heavier ones that would have to rely more on strength are going to struggle. But yeah, it did seem surprising.
I was not really surprised. Challenges relying on balance and/or flexibility and/or body weight usually favor the women. I was really shocked at Reynold's performance in that balance challenge. For this one, the men are still a lot heavier and have probably lost a lot of muscle mass, not to mention there would just be more pressure in general on their hands. Plus, they were at an odd position where having more flexible shoulders would have really benefitted them. I know this as a super inflexible person who can barely lift my arms more than a couple inches in yoga when we put our arms behind our backs like that and then try and lean forward and lift them up behind us.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #42
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
I was not really surprised. Challenges relying on balance and/or flexibility and/or body weight usually favor the women...
This. Challanges like this one always favor the women.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #43
WO312

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPirateRob View Post
I just got caught up on the last 5 weeks of Survivor over the last 2 nights, and my lasting impression of those eps is Dawn is a freaking mess and completely unstable. Now that Malcolm is gone, I really have no one left to root for. Cochran is amusing to me, and he's definitely less of a weasel and wuss this time around, but I still can't really pull for him. I think I'm rooting for Eddie by default at this point, even though he's basically a cipher with little personality from what we've seen.
Pretty much how I feel, although I might not mind Eric winning either. He may not be strategic, but he's a nice guy. I understand it's a game, but I did not enjoy what they did to Brenda.
WO312 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #44
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by WO312 View Post
...but I did not enjoy what they did to Brenda.
I'm not sure I understand this. They didn't think they could beat her in the finale and this was the BEST time to get rid of her. It is not their fault she gave up an immunity challange and a reward. They didn't do it out of spite.

Dawn's comment of "well we can wait till tomorrow and make this same decision then" was incorrect because Brenda might have had immunity then and then they couldn't get rid of her.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:11 PM   #45
WO312

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I'm not sure I understand this. They didn't think they could beat her in the finale and this was the BEST time to get rid of her. It is not their fault she gave up an immunity challange and a reward. They didn't do it out of spite.

Dawn's comment of "well we can wait till tomorrow and make this same decision then" was incorrect because Brenda might have had immunity then and then they couldn't get rid of her.
I fully understand WHY they did it. It just was not enjoyable to watch, for me. I have seen fun blindsides and not-fun. This was not-fun. YMMV.
WO312 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #46
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcour View Post
The big question this episode was: Who will be more irritatingly overwrought with their histrionics, Dawn or Sherry? Dawn, of course, won hands down.
True. Though, Sherri came with a strong move during the second loved one announcement--going down to her knees to blubber by herself rather than clutching her older son husband (which would have required her to share the moment with another).

The only shocking ending will be anyone but Cochran winning this thing. He's had more face time than Boston Rob had in the season where his team walked him to the finish line.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:01 AM   #47
VegasVic
Craps Player

Dawn is one of my least favorite players ever. Can't stand her. As long as she doesn't win I'm fine with the outcome.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have next season be all new players. No "favorites", no "villains", no "second chance because they got hurt", no "allstars". Give me all new please. And Burnett/Probst, don't even think of EVER bringing back Redemption Island.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #48
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I would love to have Cochran up against Dawn or Sherri because I think he would win hands down. Well, I hope.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:09 AM   #49
laria
Librocubicularist

Sherri can't win because she's basically done nothing.

I don't think Dawn can win because of both what she did to Brenda, and the whole "being a part of everyone's alliance" factor. Everyone on the jury will see her as betraying her alliance with them.

Eddie could win if the jury is bitter enough, so they should hope he doesn't win immunity next time and get rid of him.

Erik is the only one who has any real shot next to Cochran of winning, but he hasn't really done anything outside of win a challenge. And he has not seen nearly enough camera time. Four or five weeks ago, I would have said that Erik could still be the winner, there is still time for them to bump up his camera time. But now here we are at the finale two days from now and I don't think he will. He has gotten more camera time, but I don't think nearly enough to be the winner.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:15 AM   #50
VegasVic
Craps Player

The bitterness factor of the jury is always a wildcard. Hard to predict how they'll vote.

My hunch is Erik wins
Old 05-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #51
pmyers

I couldn't imagine Erik winning.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #52
VegasVic
Craps Player

Brenda just did a local radio interview. She was laughing at how hard Dawn took missing out on the family reward. She said "I got to see my dad and we only had 4 days left so it wasn't it big deal to give up the reward".

She said she gave up on the IC because she thought letting Dawn win would cement their alliance. She said she wants to do survivor again and if she does "next time I won't let go and next time I won't find anyone's teeth".

She's now engaged.

Spoiler:
Then she said she is rooting for Erik to win.

Last edited by VegasVic : 05-10-2013 at 01:48 PM.
VegasVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #53
David Platt
Have an A-1 Day!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Minor spoiler about the reunion and someone who won't be there:

Spoiler:
http://www.examiner.com/article/brandon-hantz-banned-from-survivor-caramoan-live-reunion-show

Brandon Hantz has been banned from the reunion show, and Russel is all over twitter about it badmouthing Philip.

David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #54
DougF

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
Spoiler:
...Then she said she is rooting for Erik to win.
Spoiling my thoughts just in case...

Spoiler:

Does that means she already saw him make it to the final three?

Last edited by DougF : 05-10-2013 at 02:08 PM.
DougF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #55
VegasVic
Craps Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougF View Post
Spoiling my thoughts just in case...

Spoiler:

Does that means she already saw him make it to the final three?
Spoiler:
that's how I took it. Each week the person voted off has done the local radio spot and they have all been very careful in what they say so I was surprised when Brenda said that. On the surface it would appear to mean he makes the final 3 and she voted for him but I guess we'll find out Sunday

Old 05-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #56
VegasVic
Craps Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Platt View Post

Spoiler:
http://www.examiner.com/article/brandon-hantz-banned-from-survivor-caramoan-live-reunion-show

Brandon Hantz has been banned from the reunion show, and Russel is all over twitter about it badmouthing Philip.
Spoiler:
Good. I don't ever again want to see or hear from any Hantz, any Hantz friend or anyone who look like a Hantz

Old 05-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #57
BradJW

Another Spoiler about Sunday

Spoiler:
Just saw a preview. 5 remaining players. But a medical emergency makes it only 4. That would suck with only a couple of days left.

BradJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #58
Doggie Bear

Another interview with Brenda. . . .

Key Q&A:

Spoiler:
THR: Have you been in contact with Dawn or Cochran since filming ended?

Brenda: I've had no contact with Dawn and would not actively seek out a friendship with her. It if wasn't for the finale [airing live Sunday on CBS], I wouldn't talk to her. It's not out of bitterness, but more out of, "I don't want someone like you in my life." Cochran, I've talked to, I have no problem with him.

Doggie Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #59
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Platt View Post

Spoiler:

Good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #60
stellie93

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
Dawn is one of my least favorite players ever. Can't stand her. As long as she doesn't win I'm fine with the outcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I couldn't imagine Erik winning.
I hate watching Dawn, but I do feel for her. Erik is a strong young guy and they showed him being all depressed. Dawn is just a nervous wreck, and I probably would be too with a million dollars on the line and her being as close as she is. That being said, she has no chance. I could see Erik winning. He's nice and could come up big in the last challenges. I love Cochran, but the one I think deserves it the most never wins.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote