Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #1
mrdbdigital
The TBS Archives

TC CLUB MEMBER
Revolution S01E16 - "The Love Boat"

Watch out for level 7 in the Tower. Some bad mojo going on there. Did Grace know that sending her jailer down would give her her freedom?

Do you think it's nano-bots?
mrdbdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #2
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

I think it's Aaron-gone-wild....
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:49 PM   #3
stellie93

Did Rachael and fat boy take those guy's horses? That could be how they travel with her leg about to fall off.

IMO if Monroe was about to recapture the chemical weapons guy, then it would be the right thing to shoot him. And Fat Boy should leave Rachael if he can turn the power back on without her. Big picture here, folks.

That stupid girl had that knowing smirk on her face through the whole episode. That is one badly written character played by one bad actress.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
Gerryex

It looked to me that the main purpose of this episode was to reveal that Aaron had something to do with the nano-things. Guessing that he was the programmer, although we don't know why he can't remember being involved.

The rest of the episode didn't seem to move the main plot very much.

Thoughts?

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #5
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdbdigital View Post
Watch out for level 7 in the Tower. Some bad mojo going on there. Did Grace know that sending her jailer down would give her her freedom?

Do you think it's nano-bots?
I'm not sure she knew what would happen. And had she known, she likely would not have done it, because it now looks like whatever used to be trapped on Level 7 has traveled up to the surface, and she's still handcuffed to the desk. So that's probably not the way she was planning on it happening.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's nanobots that have somehow joined together into a larger organism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryex View Post
It looked to me that the main purpose of this episode was to reveal that Aaron had something to do with the nano-things. Guessing that he was the programmer, although we don't know why he can't remember being involved.
I think what that was implying was that Rachel's team that caused the blackout used some of the research Aaron did as the basis for some of their tech. He wouldn't know about it because he wasn't involved, but he may know how to stop it if the programming is based on his original code or concept.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:57 PM   #6
mrdbdigital
The TBS Archives

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I think what that was implying was that Rachel's team that caused the blackout used some of the research Aaron did as the basis for some of their tech. He wouldn't know about it because he wasn't involved, but he may know how to stop it if the programming is based on his original code or concept.
If you still frame the newspaper article about Aaron in Jane's book, it says something about Aaron's software being a new AI program that is breaking all records. It's pretty fuzzy, but you can make out most of the article.

So, maybe the Tower is being run by an AI computer program?
Old 05-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #7
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdbdigital View Post

If you still frame the newspaper article about Aaron in Jane's book, it says something about Aaron's software being a new AI program that is breaking all records. It's pretty fuzzy, but you can make out most of the article.

So, maybe the Tower is being run by an AI computer program?
If that's the case, then I'm almost positive the Thing from Level 7 will turn out to be an organism made up of nano bots that learned and worked together, kind of like in the Crichton book, "Prey."
Old 05-08-2013, 12:17 AM   #8
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
Did Rachael and fat boy take those guy's horses? That could be how they travel with her leg about to fall off.
No doubt they'll be forgotten like Jane's super heat weapon.

How stupid was it for Miles to stay above deck when being searched by Monroe's troops?

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #9
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

Well, at least Miles got a nice going away present. The Lub Boat, indeed.

What the hell is in that elevator?

(I had Fun, fun, fun 'til Katrina took my Ti-Vos away)

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
RGM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #10
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
How stupid was it for Miles to stay above deck when being searched by Monroe's troops?
Ha. I was coming to post just that.

The only thing that could've made it worse is if he had been wearing a "I hate Monroe" t-shirt with a "I hate M" button.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #11
pmyers

I swear this show is an exact clone of Lost...and I have the same frustrations with both! It also doesn't help that its the same main character that I hate in both.

I think there are some "weaponized" nanites down in that level!
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #12
pmyers

Quote:
...How stupid was it for Miles to stay above deck when being searched by Monroe's troops?
LOL...or how about every Monroe soldier just be on the lookout for a good looking dude wearing a sword with 2 hot chicks (ok Charlie was hiding this time).
Old 05-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #13
JYoung
Series 3

I mean if last week's episode doesn't convince you that Miles is the most wanted man in the Monroe Republic and his description has to be out to every Monroe soldier, you deserve to be capture by Monroe.

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 05-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #14
mrdbdigital
The TBS Archives

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGM1138 View Post
What the hell is in that elevator?
Looks like Grace is going to find out.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #15
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
I agree it was stupid, but at least they gave a plausible, in-story reason why he didn't hide. He said that hiding would be more suspicious so they should just stay put and act natural. Had there been any point where Miles wasn't in view of the Monroe boat, I'm sure he would have hidden, but that never happened.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #16
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I agree it was stupid, but at least they gave a plausible, in-story reason why he didn't hide. He said that hiding would be more suspicious so they should just stay put and act natural. Had there been any point where Miles wasn't in view of the Monroe boat, I'm sure he would have hidden, but that never happened.
Then it's even more stupid to be up on deck at all. They should've been hidden all along.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:05 PM   #17
cheesesteak
Meh.

I can't stand Charlie. Just can't stand her. Can't... Stand... Her...

Please just shoot Neville, bury him in a shallow grave and say you don't know what happened to him. The perpetual pointing guns at each other and pontificating for two minutes deal is tiring.

I spent half this episode thinking about bailing on this show until the level 7 elevator subplot. That pulled me back in.

Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:57 PM   #18
Polcamilla
Still up here...

TC CLUB MEMBER
The stupid, it burns!!!

To go in a slightly different direction, I am soundly of the opinion that they should teach kids in the Family Life unit that when living in a post-Apocalyptic hellscape, it is NOT the best idea to start a family and then research weaponizing anthrax for kicks. And the scientist was surprised to discover a giant target on his family's back? Moron!

At this point, I just want to beat the writers soundly with a copy of Guns, Germs, and Steel.

I'll save all my boat-related rants for another post another day.

Philips 60 hr. Series 1 - video card failure
Philips 60 hr. Series 1 - hard drive failure
Philips 60 hr. Series 1 - misreporting drive space, exchanged approved, REVIVED!! (Thank you,TiVoCommunity!), fried modem
TiVo 80 hr. Series 2 - loose screw and noisy fan
TiVo 80 hr. Series 2 - returned because it was too noisy for a bedroom

....and still part of the
TiVolution!
Polcamilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:14 AM   #19
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

I like how kidnapping the scientist and his family was a big moral crisis, but slitting the throats of two guards passed without comment.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:59 AM   #20
Ereth

This is the highest rated drama on NBC? Does that say more about how awful NBC is, or how low the bar has been set?

Every week when I watch I find myself asking why I'm still watching it. I'm almost to the "Mad Men" moment of "I hate everybody on this show, I guess it's time to stop watching".

Is there anybody redeemable still? Aaron I suppose.

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:47 AM   #21
justen_m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polcamilla View Post
At this point, I just want to beat the writers soundly with a copy of Guns, Germs, and Steel.

I'll save all my boat-related rants for another post another day.
Love that book (#2 all time, behind _Making of the Atomic Bomb_ by Richard Rhodes http://www.amazon.com/Making-Atomic-.../dp/1451677618). And as a former USN Officer, I will join your rants too. Heck, in HS I even worked on a fishing vessel. And heck, in the Navy, lol, I even worked on a steam ship. Admittedly our heat source was an nuclear reactor, but still...

Anyway, I liked this ep. To you haters, I like Charlie. I will continue to like her even if she wears less revealing clothes.

[edit] hey! has there been any mention of nuclear powered ships?

Last edited by justen_m : 05-09-2013 at 02:56 AM.
justen_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:00 AM   #22
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth View Post
This is the highest rated drama on NBC? Does that say more about how awful NBC is, or how low the bar has been set?

Every week when I watch I find myself asking why I'm still watching it. I'm almost to the "Mad Men" moment of "I hate everybody on this show, I guess it's time to stop watching".

Is there anybody redeemable still? Aaron I suppose.
This kind of reminds me of Enterprise to some degree. The writers are constantly doing dumb stuff in the script but I can't stop watching it.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:18 AM   #23
verdugan

Quote:
The stupid, it burns!!!

To go in a slightly different direction, I am soundly of the opinion that they should teach kids in the Family Life unit that when living in a post-Apocalyptic hellscape, it is NOT the best idea to start a family and then research weaponizing anthrax for kicks. And the scientist was surprised to discover a giant target on his family's back? Moron!
Cut the writers some slack in here. It's pretty reasonable to assume that the doctor knew how to weaponize anthrax before the blackout. He never thought his skills would be needed ever again, so I'm fine with him having a family.

I'll give them more grief about having all the lab supplies and equipment available and still viable after 15 years without power for refrigeration, maintenance, etc.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #24
mwhip
All better

I really wish they would do something like showing a map when they switch characters or towns. So cool zoom in or something.

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #25
Polcamilla
Still up here...

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
Cut the writers some slack in here. It's pretty reasonable to assume that the doctor knew how to weaponize anthrax before the blackout. He never thought his skills would be needed ever again, so I'm fine with him having a family.

I'll give them more grief about having all the lab supplies and equipment available and still viable after 15 years without power for refrigeration, maintenance, etc.
Know? Sure. That's reasonable. Let it out that he has this skillset and is available to hire? Stupid.

(Anyways, sounds like he was still actively researching, so he didn't KNOW yet. So moving to what is guaranteed to be a high risk new career option isn't the brightest move.)

Philips 60 hr. Series 1 - misreporting drive space, exchanged approved, REVIVED!! (Thank you,TiVoCommunity!), fried modem

TiVolution!
Old 05-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #26
Polcamilla
Still up here...

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip View Post
I really wish they would do something like showing a map when they switch characters or towns. So cool zoom in or something.
Ooh...and the show should have a brother and sister who are uncomfortably close. And maybe a dwarf, too. That would be fun. Oooh, and DRAGONS!

Now THAT would make it a better show!

TiVolution!
Old 05-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #27
verdugan

Quote:
Know? Sure. That's reasonable. Let it out that he has this skillset and is available to hire? Stupid.

(Anyways, sounds like he was still actively researching, so he didn't KNOW yet. So moving to what is guaranteed to be a high risk new career option isn't the brightest move.)
Good point. Maybe he had no other skills and that's how he provided for his family. Kind of worked out for him.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #28
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post

It did bother me when they showed that centrifuge operating.
Exactly how did they do it without electricity?

I didn't see Gilligan pumping away on the bicycle there.

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 05-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #29
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:

There was a shot of a pendent amplifier (apparently pendents are more readily available as the plot demands)

What got my attention was the opening scene where she was laying the fuses and I saw the Exit signs lit up in red, so I shut up my internal monolog when I saw the amplifier
Old 05-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #30
pmyers

Quote:

they showed him with some type of hand pump/spinner.