Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-06-2013, 03:03 PM   #31
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Not in the least. He's a slimy worm. It will take a lot more torture (and missing appendages) before I can even think about moving Vic to the other side of the ledger.
Or maybe some torture and missing appendages that he doesn't richly deserve...
Old 05-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #32
philw1776

Quote:
Not in the least. He's a slimy worm. It will take a lot more torture (and missing appendages) before I can even think about moving Vic to the other side of the ledger.
Agreed.

Note to writers: drop this slime ball character
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #33
Doggie Bear

Quote:
Maybe it will become a running joke, with Vic getting further maimed each time he reappears. . . .
Doggie Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #34
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Not so much a writing failure as a lazy directing choice...they wanted it to be obvious so when they showed it again, they wouldn't have to spend time SHOWING it.
So you think the writer(s) wrote that she bought a jewelry box cam or something, but the director changed it to the stupid thing that she bought in the actual episode?
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #35
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
So you think the writer(s) wrote that she bought a jewelry box cam or something, but the director changed it to the stupid thing that she bought in the actual episode?
I think the director arranged for it to be big enough to be instantly recognizable, and had her place it in plain sight so that it would be instantly visible whenever he wanted to show it again.

I doubt the writer wrote "She places an absurdly large spycam in plain sight."
Old 05-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #36
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I doubt the writer wrote "She places an absurdly large spycam in plain sight."
I doubt that, too, but the question is whether the writer wrote something reasonable and specific, and the director overrode it. If all the writer specified was "a spy cam" or something equally vague, then it is a writing fail, as far as I'm concerned.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:12 PM   #37
danterner
Not it!

I've been enjoying this series, but this episode really worked especially well for me. The pacing, the humor, and the plot were all perfect. Best one so far.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:32 AM   #38
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigK View Post
The party scenes reminded me of a sitcom. All the scrambling around was funny rather than tense that the clones would be found out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
I've been enjoying this series, but this episode really worked especially well for me. The pacing, the humor, and the plot were all perfect. Best one so far.
I'm on the same page as CraigK about this episode. I thought it was a mediocre sci-fi adaptation of a standard French Farce. There were a few clever moments, but overall, it followed the French Farce formula so faithfully I was anticipating each twist before it happened. I thought it was entertaining, but hardly a great episode. Even so, Tatiana playing all those characters convincingly is worth watching all by itself.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #39
cheesesteak
Meh.

I know it's the same actress playing three different roles but Cosima is insanely smokin' hot to me.

Matt Frewer putting the moves on a woman - yecchhh!

I wouldn't mind them getting rid of idiot Vic but they'll probably need his criminal expertise at some point in the future.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:53 PM   #40
BluesFools

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Are there British cricket matches at what would have to be around 9 or 10am UK time? If not, I guess it would have to be a match in India or something for the time to work out. Either that or it was not live. Do Canadians watch pre-recorded cricket games in the middle of the night?
He said it was a match in South Africa, which is 6 hours ahead of Eastern Time. 4am ET = 10am in SA, and yes, test matches and one-day internationals tend to start at 10am there.
BluesFools is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:00 AM   #41
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post
I'm on the same page as CraigK about this episode. I thought it was a mediocre sci-fi adaptation of a standard French Farce. There were a few clever moments, but overall, it followed the French Farce formula so faithfully I was anticipating each twist before it happened. I thought it was entertaining, but hardly a great episode. Even so, Tatiana playing all those characters convincingly is worth watching all by itself.
And for those of us who have no idea what French Farce is, it worked perfectly. There are probably hundreds of shows which follow a formula like that. And hundreds of shows that follow many other formulas. It's not about the formula but the execution. I thought they executed it very well, whatever they were doing.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #42
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

I'm out of town in a place that doesn't get BBCA, so I won't be seeing the 5/11 episode until I get home Sunday night.

Which means somebody else is going to have to start the thread!
Old 05-11-2013, 06:14 AM   #43
danterner
Not it!

Maybe one of your clones can do it, pretending to be you.
| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:46 AM   #44
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

You can tell it's a clone and not me if they forget to comment on the Darwin title...
Old 05-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #45
philw1776

My position regarding this show is evolving along the lines of punctuated equilibrium.
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #46
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

I believe that Graeme Manson created the show in its perfect form, and that anybody who says otherwise has to prove it by giving an example of Miami Vice evolving into an ape.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:35 AM   #47
Hunter Green
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmii View Post
Please stop having the british people playing americans stop saying "sorted" (and other british slang). Instantly pulls me out of the moment.
Given what "fanny" means in Britain, my spouse and I were wondering if that was another case of using the wrong word because of different usages, or if Felix is just that much filthier than we already knew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
I'm starting to feel a little sorry for Vic. He is disgusting (not right) but constantly getting beat up and I think he truly loves Sarah.
I said to my spouse while we were watching, "It's like he wandered out of a Coen Brothers movie and into this series."