TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Stream
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-18-2013, 02:42 AM   #1
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Does Stream Download the Shows to iTunes?

I have a networked receiver out in my Garage and I'd like to be able to watch TiVo'd stuff on the TV out there. Unfortunately there's no Ethernet cable out there so it's all wireless access only... I have an iPad connected to the Receiver out there and said receiver can control the iPad through iTunes. I can see playlists, Videos, Movies, etc. I think the Stream may solve my problem... especially if it downloads into itunes... 2 questions:

1. Does anyone happen to know if TiVo Stream places the shows it downloads to the iPad into iTunes so I can access them with my Network Receiver?

3. Basically I'd like to watch TiVo'd shows in the Garage on my TV, but I have only wireless access out there. Any other solutions that anyone would like to suggest? I'm open...

Last edited by bareyb : 04-18-2013 at 02:54 AM.
bareyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
David Platt
Have an A-1 Day!

TC CLUB MEMBER
The Stream does not place the shows into iTunes; they remain in the TiVo app and you watch them using that.

I am very intrigued by this receiver that can control your iPad, though. What model is it?
David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #3
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Platt View Post
The Stream does not place the shows into iTunes; they remain in the TiVo app and you watch them using that.

I am very intrigued by this receiver that can control your iPad, though. What model is it?
Ah. I was afraid of that. Thanks David.

The receiver I have is the Sony 1030. It's compatible with iPods, iPads, and iPhones, either through direct USB connection (audio and video) or via Airplay as well. The Sony is the only model I know of with WiFi and Bluetooth built-in. It works quite well. I'm very happy with it.

Last edited by bareyb : 04-18-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:27 AM   #4
windracer
joined the 10k club

Maybe I'm missing something but why wouldn't you just stream directly to the iPad using the TiVo app and the Stream?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #5
PCurry57
Liberal Hippie Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
I have a networked receiver out in my Garage and I'd like to be able to watch TiVo'd stuff on the TV out there. Unfortunately there's no Ethernet cable out there so it's all wireless access only... I have an iPad connected to the Receiver out there and said receiver can control the iPad through iTunes. I can see playlists, Videos, Movies, etc. I think the Stream may solve my problem... especially if it downloads into itunes... 2 questions:

1. Does anyone happen to know if TiVo Stream places the shows it downloads to the iPad into iTunes so I can access them with my Network Receiver?

3. Basically I'd like to watch TiVo'd shows in the Garage on my TV, but I have only wireless access out there. Any other solutions that anyone would like to suggest? I'm open...
TiVo desktop or kttmg can off loss and transcode programs albeit non copy protected one's, you can then stream or load them on other devices.
PCurry57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #6
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
Maybe I'm missing something but why wouldn't you just stream directly to the iPad using the TiVo app and the Stream?
Well mainly because I'd rather see it on the much larger HD monitor that I have sitting right there. Doesn't look like Stream allows that in any form. Too bad too, it would be an awesome product with that feature. Apple is allowed to stream anything to a large monitor (Airplay) so why can't TiVo? I already know the answer, but it does seem like a double standard.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:34 PM   #7
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCurry57 View Post
TiVo desktop or kttmg can off loss and transcode programs albeit non copy protected one's, you can then stream or load them on other devices.
I already have PyTivo up and running and I can pull shows from the TiVo to my laptop and then I could simply place them into iTunes I suppose. Would sure make things easier if we were able to just go directly to the Monitor though...

ETA: Nope. They have to be in M4V format. So I'd have to take an additional step and convert them. NOT convenient. I think I have TiVo Desktop around here and also seem to recall that Toast Titanium can do it too. It would be so much better if you could just use the external monitor without all these hassles. Bad job TiVo. Once again, you miss the boat by "this" much... Watching TV on the iPad is also an option, but not nearly as good as with a real Monitor.

Last edited by bareyb : 04-19-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #8
BrooklynBlueEyes

Thanks for this thread everyone! I had similar questions and this was very helpful.
BrooklynBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote