TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-15-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
buscuitboy

Question WD "intellipark" detection

I am about to put a 500GB WD "green" drive into a Series 3 (OLED). I know these drives have to have the intellipark feature disabled in order for them to work in a TiVo.

Without running the WDidle3 software in a bare DOS like mode, is there any way of knowing if the "intellipark" feature is already on or off on this drive? Maybe through some sort of WD software and/or diagnostic software for Windows?
buscuitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
MPSAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by buscuitboy View Post
I am about to put a 500GB WD "green" drive into a Series 3 (OLED). I know these drives have to have the intellipark feature disabled in order for them to work in a TiVo.

Without running the WDidle3 software in a bare DOS like mode, is there any way of knowing if the "intellipark" feature is already on or off on this drive? Maybe through some sort of WD software and/or diagnostic software for Windows?
Well, you could get the FREE Hirens or UBCD and then burn the iso image to CD with Imageburn...also free. Then boot the CD and select wdidle3. Make sure no other WD drives are powered up...or you could just remove the SATA signal cable. Just do the wdidle3 /? and you will get a menu and there is a selection where it will tell you the status..wdidle3 /R I believe. If it is 8 seconds it is enabled. Actually you do a wdidle3 /D to disable it, but it actually just sets the timer to a value that the TIVO is OK with.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:39 AM   #3
buscuitboy

I was able to find an .ISO image that contained wdidle3 software. Ran it and it reported the intellipark feature was ON. I was then able to turn it off. Loaded up the S3 image with WinMFS, slipped it into my S3 and all has worked good.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #4
MPSAN

Quote:
I was able to find an .ISO image that contained wdidle3 software. Ran it and it reported the intellipark feature was ON. I was then able to turn it off. Loaded up the S3 image with WinMFS, slipped it into my S3 and all has worked good.
Glad it all worked out.

OH, we have spent time in the Perimeter Center...even when you had all that snow a while back. We were almost stranded at the airport, but found ONE cab who would go there!!
Old 04-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #5
buscuitboy

Yes, I am quite familiar with the Perimeter area. I am originally from the northeast & have lived in this area since 1996 when I moved to do work for the Olympics. Have been through a lot since then (even gained & then ultimately lost my beloved NHL team), but the one thing I learned is that when it snows down here, they truly can't handle it.2 yrs ago, my employer (Turner broadcasting) allowed our dept. to basically shut down for an entire work week due to all the ice and snow. It was kind of comical on some level. :-)

Last edited by buscuitboy : 04-26-2013 at 06:25 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #6
MPSAN

Quote:
Yes, I am quite familiar with the Perimeter area. I am orginally from the northeast & have lived in this area since 1996 when I moved to do work for the Olympics. Have been through a lot since then (even lost my beloved NHL team), but the one thing I learned is that when it snows down here, they truly can't handle it.2 yrs ago, my employer (Turner broadcasting) allowed our dept. to basically shut down for an entire work week due to all the ice and snow. It was kind of comical on some level. :-)
Well, we are from Hartford and my in-laws moved there. Since then they have passed but we went there during the big storm to see my wife's mother. We found a cab to take us up there and it was so cold and snowy. We stayed in the hotel for a day and a half as you could not drive anywhere! It was across from the Perimeter Center, but you could not walk. BTW, that area has the worst rush hour gridlock of any I have seen including NYC and Tokyo!
Old 04-26-2013, 06:28 AM   #7
buscuitboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPSAN View Post
BTW, that area has the worst rush hour gridlock of any I have seen including NYC and Tokyo!
Yea, it can get pretty bad at times, but you must not have been to the Gwinett and/or Cobb county areas up I-85 and I-75. Now those are some bad areas. I think the commute up I-75 (Cobb county) was even voted as one of the top 10 worst in the country.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #8
MPSAN

Quote:
Yea, it can get pretty bad at times, but you must not have been to the Gwinett and/or Cobb county areas up I-85 and I-75. Now those are some bad areas. I think the commute up I-75 (Cobb county) was even voted as one of the top 10 worst in the country.
Well, the Perimeter Center is bad enough. Big issue is that people keep going into the intersection on Yellow light. No one can go. Most towns BAN this! The police are even there to direct traffic EVERY night. Took us over an hour to go from Hotel to Restaurant and it was only less than 3 miles away!

Anyway, glad Tivo is working. Now I want to sell my Lifetime THD with 2 TB drive just upgraded 3 weeks ago! I am trying to avoid eBAy.