TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
Agatha Mystery

Bates Motel S01E06 - The Truth

Wow. Shootout with Shelby. Norma saying that Norman killed his dad. I wonder if that's true, or if it is just convenient that she can blame it on Norman.

Norman asking her if there is something wrong with him, and she denying it (or did that happen in the previous episode - I saw them back to back), makes me wonder. We saw in a previous episode that Norman does have hallucinations about Norma. He doesn't remember trying to kill his brother with the meat tenderizer. I'm guessing it's possible that he killed his dad. If he really killed his dad, you'd think that she'd try to get him some help for his fugue states.

She also needed to come up with more time on what to say about Shelby. I wonder how much Norman can say. He obviously won't know anything about the shootout, as he was unconscious, but he is fully aware about the sex slave girl. It's going to be hard to keep Emma quiet about things.

I can see them trying to pass off Shelby's responses as him being obsessed with Norma - setting her up for Keith's death because she was trying to break it off with him would be the perfect excuse. Even keeping the girl locked up in the boat makes Shelby look just that much more guilty for Keith's death. Too bad that Norman, Dylan, and Emma left fingerprints all over the place in that boat.

And poor Norma, getting essentially raped a second time. Don't get me wrong - she's a wacko. Still, it shocks me a tad that they'd show things in that way on prime time. I'm guessing due to the fact that it's on A&E instead of one of the standards makes the difference.

I have to say, though, I'm still liking the show. The writers are keeping me guessing as to where the show is leading. They seem to be keeping truthful to the core of Robert Bloch's story (the man who wrote the book that the movie was based on). I like how Freddie Highmore is playing the character. He seems to be doing a really good job.
Agatha Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote