TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #1
kshusker

Green blinking power light and reboot cycle - anything else reasonable to try?

I've read the various threads on this issue - where the TiVo power light blinks, and the TiVo is stuck on a cycle of endless reboots.

Things I have tried:

- Full power cycle (completely remove power) ... usually doesn't work, sometimes the TiVo will boot and run for a short while before failing again. The failure state is continuous reboots where it doesn't even seem to get to the point where it starts loading the OS from the HD

- Replace HD ... I have tried three different HDs, including a brand new known good drive. With the new HD, I was able to get through guided setup and the TiVo ran for about an hour before the issue started up again.

Power supply appears fine (fan is on, don't hear any unusual noises).

I normally have my TiVo attached to the LAN via ethernet, I may try WiFi, even though I doubt this is the issue.

Can any of you guys think of anything else I can try as a home user (i.e. anything that doesn't involve a soldering iron?)

I would like to swap SATA cables, but the cable appears proprietary.
If this were a PC, I would guess maybe an intermittent failure of the HD controller on the motherboard.

Has anyone else solved this issue or am I pretty much screwed?
I don't feel like dropping a couple hundred bucks at Weaknees on a 5-year old HD unit, but I also don't want to give up on a unit with a lifetime subscription attached if there's anything I can do.

Any suggestions or tips that anyone has found useful are appreciate...thank you in advance!
kshusker is offline   Reply With Quote