TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Cool Ray Donovan S1E06 "Housewarming" OAD 20130804 ***spoilers***

What a GREAT episode! The best so far!

Highlights:

Agent Miller's trip! The monkey should get an honorary Emmy! Great CGI animation of the collectables.

I was sure that the house was going to burn to the ground like in Entourage.

Jon Voight nailed it for once with the look on Mickey's face and in his eyes as he lay down and Ray held the gun on him deciding whether to off him.

The gangsta rapper kid was NOT going to go anywhere near Ray.

Is this the first time that the kids have seen how baddass Daddy Ray is?

Where else have I seen that "save his seed" deal recently?

Ezra is cured and back to his old self? Nice buns.
2 Series 2 DT 500GB
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA
MikeAndrews is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
VegasVic
Craps Player

Loved it. I really enjoy this show, it seems to be getting better each week. I always give new shows time to grow and time for the writers to flesh out characters. Voight is still way over the top but I like Mickey. That LSD trip of Miller's was crazy indeed.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:49 PM   #3
pmyers

I love this show...but I have 1 major problem because it is such a big plot line in the show:

All Ray would have to do is sit down for 10 minutes with his wife and explain all the crap that Mickey has done to him and his family and she would be on board with never wanting to see him as well as keep the kids away from him. Heck...he could even make up some stuff. It's like they never talked about him except for a casual "He wasn't a very good dad" conversation?!?
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #4
mwhip
All better

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I love this show...but I have 1 major problem because it is such a big plot line in the show:

All Ray would have to do is sit down for 10 minutes with his wife and explain all the crap that Mickey has done to him and his family and she would be on board with never wanting to see him as well as keep the kids away from him. Heck...he could even make up some stuff. It's like they never talked about him except for a casual "He wasn't a very good dad" conversation?!?
I think she knows but I think the point is that he was in prison for 20 years and she thinks he deserves a second chance. What Ray cannot tell her is that he went to prison because they framed him.

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:51 PM   #5
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip View Post
I think she knows but I think the point is that he was in prison for 20 years and she thinks he deserves a second chance. What Ray cannot tell her is that he went to prison because they framed him.
We still don't know what Mickey pulled on Ray besides being a lousy father. Mickey was the Ray's brothers' father, too and they seem to be OK with him.

We know that Mickey stole $500K from the mob and gave it to his girlfriend. That mobster could be the James Woods guy that they called. America's Funniest Videos aren't that funny, guy.
2 Series 2 DT 500GB
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA
MikeAndrews is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #6
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip View Post
Then shame on her! If my father went to prison for 20 years and was generally a horrible person, and my wife still allowed him into our home and into our family after I forbid it (he is his father, not hers)....I'd be finding a different wife!
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #7
nyny523
Oy

The acid trip was hilarious! LOVED the monkey!

I think this show is really good.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:08 PM   #8
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Quote:
Then shame on her! If my father went to prison for 20 years and was generally a horrible person, and my wife still allowed him into our home and into our family after I forbid it (he is his father, not hers)....I'd be finding a different wife!
I do think she's rebelling a bit though, so you have to account for that.

Don't forget her: "Who the hell are you Ray?"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hercules67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #9
goblue97
Hoke-amania

Quote:
I think it says a lot about the Mickey character and how smooth and conniving he is. He's got just about everyone but Ray eating out of the palm of his hand.
goblue97 is offline   Reply With Quote