TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-28-2016, 05:59 AM   #1
tmeek

Archivo cannot transfer any videos from my Tivos

When I try to use it to archive anything from any of my Tivos, your program says "error repairing video" and fails. I am running it on Windows 7 Home Premium.

tmeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 12:37 PM   #2
fflewddur
R&D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmeek View Post
When I try to use it to archive anything from any of my Tivos, your program says "error repairing video" and fails. I am running it on Windows 7 Home Premium.
A couple of other folks have reported this problem with certain versions of AVG AntiVirus; it turned out that AVG was blocking Archivo's video repair tool from running. Can you confirm whether you're running AVG or some other virus scanner, and if so, which version you're running?

As of Archivo 1.0 Beta 2 I started digitally signing the video processing tools, which allowed them to run properly on my test system with AVG, so I'd like to dig into this to figure out where the problem is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Cross-platform app for archiving TiVo recordings to your computer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Java app and library for decrypting TiVo files
fflewddur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 05:34 PM   #3
tmeek

I am not running AVG. I am running Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware and Windows Security Essentials.

I disabled all of them and tried again. Same error resulted.

The files on my TIVO are in .tivo format. If I tell Archivo to archive to .tivo format, it works. If I tell it to archive to .mp4 or other formats, it does not work. Is Archivo supposed to be able to convert .tivo to .mp4? Maybe not.

tmeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 02:08 PM   #4
fflewddur
R&D

Yes, Archivo is supposed to be able to convert a TiVo files to an MP4.

Could you try archiving a recording to .mp4 again, and this time, after it gives you the error message, could you click Help->View Log and send it to me at todd@dropline.net? That should help identify what's failing. Thanks!

- Cross-platform app for archiving TiVo recordings to your computer

- Java app and library for decrypting TiVo files
fflewddur is offline   Reply With Quote