Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
need help finding where to find the info/help needed

I know the info is out there, I just can't locate it.

I have a series 2 DT, a cable box from comcast and a tv. How do I put all the wires/cables in the right places and get it to work? I put the cables in what I thought were the right spots, but it's not going. I am not sure if it's the cable box (not right channel) or the order they are set up. I tried to follow the instructions on one of the TiVo pages and now can't find that one again.

I also have a premiere w/cablecard, a ps3 and a tv. This is sort of working. It's picking up some basic channels (and even some not basic ones) but not all the channels I should have. AND the TiVo information is set for sunday 8pm on any channel I turn to. I have restarted the TiVo but that didn't update.

I have wireless TiVo thingies for both of them, and I also have the TiVo cable antenna thingie from my old cable box which they said I wouldn't need now, but I saved anyway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Hi, betts -- I'm going to attack each question separately.

Is this the S2 DT page you were thinking of?

How do I set up my Series2 Dual Tuner DVR?

Which box do you have from Comcast? I'm assuming the reason you're asking is that your area has gone all-digital -- is that correct?
Old 04-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #3
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
I also have a premiere w/cablecard, a ps3 and a tv. This is sort of working. It's picking up some basic channels (and even some not basic ones) but not all the channels I should have. AND the TiVo information is set for sunday 8pm on any channel I turn to. I have restarted the TiVo but that didn't update.

I have wireless TiVo thingies for both of them, and I also have the TiVo cable antenna thingie from my old cable box which they said I wouldn't need now, but I saved anyway.
I don't quite understand what you mean when you say "the TiVo information is set for Sunday 8PM on any channel I turn to". You posted around Saturday at 11 AM, so do you mean on the Live Guide it is telling you it is 8 PM Sunday? If so, then the clock is not getting updated properly, so maybe you aren't connecting to TiVo.com properly?

From TiVo Central, go to > Settings & messages > Settings > Network & Phone > View Network Diagnostics > Test Internet Connection

What happens next? Do you get an error message?

(from general network troubleshooting tips at TiVo.com)

Also from TiVo.com:
Troubleshooting activation and "missing" channel issues

Hope this helps.

P.S.

Here's a link to the Official Comcast Cablecard Thread in case you need to search that thread.

Last edited by murgatroyd : 04-20-2013 at 02:36 PM.
murgatroyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #4
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Yay!!! Thanks!!!

One TiVo is set and going strong (the one with the cablecard)

The other other is not, but it's not the TiVo (or my) fault, it's comcast and I have to get things straight there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:51 AM   #5
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

You're welcome!

My first cablecard was bad. Once I got it swapped out for a new one, it took hours to get the new one working, but that was mostly because I had to convince Comcast to redo the pairing on the new card. And then it all worked! The TiVo reps were much more on the ball than the Comcast reps. No surprise there.

Good luck with the S2DT.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:47 AM   #6
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Well I lied. The one with the cablecard is only getting certain shows, but I do have netflix back so I watched some Downton Abbey last night when it got too late to call anyone. I am thinking something got changed in my package and need to check that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgatroyd View Post
You're welcome!

My first cablecard was bad. Once I got it swapped out for a new one, it took hours to get the new one working, but that was mostly because I had to convince Comcast to redo the pairing on the new card. And then it all worked! The TiVo reps were much more on the ball than the Comcast reps. No surprise there.

Good luck with the S2DT.
I never thought to call TiVo, but I am calling comcast again today. I may have to have them bring me out a new card. And a new cablebox for the S2.

Funny enough when I called Comcast last night, they transferred me to their "TiVo dept" and it was a guy named Kevin from Boston. He said he was not really their TiVo dept because there isn't one anymore, but he was their consultant or something (and then he chuckled). I could see one of our peeps doing this. Anyway he was very nice and walked me through how to reset the cablecard and went thru steps with the S2, but it didn't seem to work. He was surprised when I said there was no remote and he said I should take it back. We chatted about the Sox for few minutes and I used to live up there.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:22 AM   #7
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
I never thought to call TiVo, but I am calling comcast again today. I may have to have them bring me out a new card. And a new cablebox for the S2.
Here's one of the threads on the S2 DT:

Comcast goes Digital. What about my S2D2?

There may be others -- if I can turn them up, I'll post links here.

Somewhere in the main Comcast Cablecard thread, I think, are the screenshots that show what a card looked like when it has been properly authorized. I couldn't get mine authorized properly until I swapped out the bad card.