TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-23-2013, 08:23 AM   #1
boomer98

Season Pass: Says "recording" but doesn't

I have a problem with the Season Pass where the program on the Pass shows up as being recorded (red circle) but when I come back an hour later to watch the show.... it's gone. No record of it having been recorded at all, not even partially. And this is after I have clicked on the show being recorded and confirmed that several minutes have already been recorded.

It seems to be just certain programs. If it's something I really, really want to get recorded I have to go in and alter the Season Pass to record the show two or even three times in the hope that ONE of them will actually end up being recorded.
boomer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:29 AM   #2
jrtroo
User

What does it say in your history? How full is your drive? Have you looked in your recently deleted? Do you use KUID often?
Old 04-23-2013, 09:10 AM   #3
boomer98

Season Pass

Belatedly I have discovered that in every instance where the program failed to record, the History showed "not recorded" and the reason as "no signal". So apparently the problem was my cable provider rather than the Tivo unit which was gamely trying to record "dead air" at the times appointed by the Season Pass Manager.
So... problem not solved, but definitely identified.
boomer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #4
dlfl
Cranky old novice

If you use a Tuning Adapter, this is the well-known SDV tuning failure and it's debatable whether it's the fault of your cable co, or the TA itself, or the TiVo. They form a system and it isn't working reliably.

See this thread for example:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...05#post9622105
in particular post #4.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote