TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-17-2014, 12:26 PM   #1
hummingbird_206

Sons of Anarchy Toil and Till 9/16/2014

I could have sworn I saw a thread talking about this ep, but can't find it now. So if this is a dup, then I will ask the mods to delete or merge.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:42 PM   #2
SeanC
ECT

Ok, so anyone care to go over what was happening at the very end?

So Jax used an associated club to get some guys to help them steal the drugs and guns from the chinese.

Then they went to those guys to give them money, killed them, and setup the scene as though they had killed each other.

Then the head of the other club came by to see those guys, and noticed that the shotgun at the scene was the same shotgun he had given to the crew just prior to killing the chinese.

Do I have that right?

Jax is setting up some other club to take the fall with the Chinese? And why was the head of the other club so broken up about those 2 guys? Was one of them his son?
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:53 PM   #3
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

He wasn't setting up the other club; he was setting up the freelancers. The Redwood guy said they were just people he used; clearly, he undersold their importance to him. We don't know why, but I suspect you're right, that the kid was his son.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:59 PM   #4
Shaunnick

Do people not think things through in Charming?

Gemma - I'll tell Jax it was one of Lin's crew and after Jax kills him it will be ok.

Jax - We'll just set up these guys and not tell our brother charter what the hell we are up to. Things should be fine.

Juice - I should call Chibs and say bye. No wait, I should go back and hang out for a while longer.

Unser - Gemma is helping Juice. I always knew she was a better person.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:00 PM   #5
SeanC
ECT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
He wasn't setting up the other club; he was setting up the freelancers. The Redwood guy said they were just people he used; clearly, he undersold their importance to him. We don't know why, but I suspect you're right, that the kid was his son.
OOOOOOOH, ok I thought I must have missed something.
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 03:40 PM   #6
hummingbird_206

Did Juice go back to Wendy's apt at the end? Gemma gave him the keys to her dad's place, but she said the place was empty. The place Juice walked in to didn't look empty.

How long is it going to be before Gemma sets up Unser to be killed.

And I forget, why is Juice on the run from the club? Is it because he helped Clay? Damn CRS.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:50 PM   #7
Martha

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
And I forget, why is Juice on the run from the club? Is it because he helped Clay?
I just came here to ask the same question - can't for the life of me remember what Juice did to get the club to turn against him.
Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:53 PM   #8
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

I don't remember which offense it is that has him on the ^#%@ list, but he was a rat for the Feds a while back, he murdered a Son to cover that up, and he accidentally ratted Jax out to Nero over having the school shooter's Mom murdered instead of sent out of town (as Jax told Nero he was going to do).
Old 09-17-2014, 07:39 PM   #9
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I don't remember which offense it is that has him on the ^#%@ list, but he was a rat for the Feds a while back, he murdered a Son to cover that up, and he accidentally ratted Jax out to Nero over having the school shooter's Mom murdered instead of sent out of town (as Jax told Nero he was going to do).
Nothing I see really stands out as much of an issue anymore. I think Juice just gets scared of everything and believes the worst.

http://sonsofanarchy.wikia.com/wiki/Juice_Ortiz

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dswallow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:49 PM   #10
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
And I forget, why is Juice on the run from the club? Is it because he helped Clay?
That is what I remember along with the other stuff.
Beryl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:21 PM   #11
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
and he accidentally ratted Jax out to Nero over having the school shooter's Mom murdered instead of sent out of town (as Jax told Nero he was going to do).
This.
In the last ep of Season 6 Jax hugs Juice and whispers in his ear "You betrayed me."
Old 09-17-2014, 08:23 PM   #12
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
The Indian Hills guy - actually the IH president.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:05 PM   #13
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
I believe he is also one of the First 9, founding members of SOA, along with Clay, Piney, John Teller (Jax's dad), the Irish guy (head of the Belfast Chapter, not the one given a Belfast Grin by Chibs), Lenny the Pimp (old guy with tracheotomy currently in prison) and the Otto not played by creator Kurt Sutter.

I stand corrected, Jury served with John Teller in 'Nam, but wasn't a founding member of SAMCRO.

phox

TiVo S3-65 HD Hours-Lifetime
TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
DirecTV HR21-700 80+ HD Hours
DirecTV HR20-100 80+ HD Hours
Harmony 880 Remote Control
phox_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:04 PM   #14
UTV2TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
Exactly. The Redwood guys are Jax' club. The R in SAMCRO (Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club Redwood Originals)
UTV2TiVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:09 PM   #15
UTV2TiVo

Quote:
...We don't know why, but I suspect you're right, that the kid was his son.
I don't know about that. Could be but I think the reason the IH prez was upset because the shotgun told him that it must have been Jax who killed the freelancers and set them up for the massacre of Lin's men.
Jury was helping Jax out and Jax turned around and killed his friends to cover his own ass. A total Clay-like move.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:11 PM   #16
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTV2TiVo View Post
I don't know about that. Could be but I think the reason the IH prez was upset because the shotgun told him that it must have been Jax who killed the freelancers and set them up for the massacre of Lin's men.
Jury was helping Jax out and Jax turned around and killed his friends to cover his own ass. A total Clay-like move.
Sure, but his grief was pretty powerful for a couple of guys that he just "used sometimes." I suspect there is more to the relationship than has been said.
Quote:
Exactly. The Redwood guys are Jax' club. The R in SAMCRO (Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club Redwood Originals)
Yes, duh. Only an idiot would make that mistake.

Or me, who am not idiot.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:34 PM   #17
UTV2TiVo

Quote:
Sure, but his grief was pretty powerful for a couple of guys that he just "used sometimes." I suspect there is more to the relationship than has been said.
Could be. I took it as sadness that Jax stabbed him in the back and can no longer be trusted.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:44 PM   #18
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Could be. I took it as sadness that Jax stabbed him in the back and can no longer be trusted.
But that doesn't explain him cradling the dead body, rocking back and forth, and weeping copiously.

Not a normal gang leader response to betrayal...
Old 09-18-2014, 11:54 PM   #19
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Quote:
But that doesn't explain him cradling the dead body, rocking back and forth, and weeping copiously.

Jury was already on the floor crying cradling/rocking the guy before he noticed the shotgun was the same one he had used in SAMCRO's attack on Lin's guys. His reaction was because the guy meant something to him.

Quote:
Not a normal gang leader response to betrayal...
Club leader
Old 09-19-2014, 03:55 AM   #20
Jim_TV

I'm guessing the young freelancer who got murdered along with his friend is a son or step-son of the Indian Hills president that Jax never met.
Jim_TV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:48 AM   #21
cheesesteak
Meh.

Jury didn't seem to give a crap about the other freelance guy who was killed. Not only did the one young man mean something to him, he knows Jax set the murders up.

What's up with Nero's hair? It's like he poured black shoe polish on his head except for the sideburns.

The Wendy/Nero scenes seem to be setting them up for romance (or mistaken romance) which means one of them's getting killed by Gemma.

We've had Jack Bauer levels of murder these two weeks.

Juice is a moron.

Unser ain't too bright either.

Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:32 PM   #22
packerfan
Elk Whisperer

Can someone confirm if the IH president knows that it was Jax and his crew that murdered the two freelancers? Did he recognize the guns that were left there or know that Jax was going to be paying them a visit to drop off some money for smashing up his truck?

-Homer J. Simpson
packerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 06:31 AM   #23
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfan View Post
Can someone confirm if the IH president knows that it was Jax and his crew that murdered the two freelancers? Did he recognize the guns that were left there or know that Jax was going to be paying them a visit to drop off some money for smashing up his truck?
The director made a point of showing the IH president examining the shotgun after they ambushed Lin's men. I'm no shotgun afficianado but there was something unusual about it that caught his eye. Then he saw the same rifle at the dead freelancers' house. By the way, they might as well have dressed those two guys in red Starfleet shirts. I knew they weren't going to last long.

Has Samcro used freelancers before? I can't remember them farming out work to civilians.

Looking back on it, I'm really surprised that Bobby and Chibs went along with Jax's idea to murder two friends of the club. Jax is turning into Clay so I can see him coming up with the idea but Bobby and Chibs should have showed some reservation.

I chuckled when they ambushed Lin's men and like the old cowboys and Indians movies, all the bad guys were killed and none of the good guys suffered so much as a hang nail.

Old 09-20-2014, 07:22 AM   #24
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I chuckled when they ambushed Lin's men and like the old cowboys and Indians movies, all the bad guys were killed and none of the good guys suffered so much as a hang nail.
But...but...they caught them by surprise!

Old 09-20-2014, 09:29 AM   #25
markymark_ctown

The bales of hay they bought at the roadside stand camouflaged any nefarious activity they planned...
markymark_ctown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:57 AM   #26
cheesesteak
Meh.

Tig's colorful phrases this season makes me wonder why the f-bomb is still taboo on basic cable. The f-bomb is more tame than some of the things he and Ratboy have said this season.

Old 09-22-2014, 08:04 PM   #27
Idearat

It was the same shotgun, with gauze / cloth on the grip. Not only was it used in the ambush, Jury put it in the van when the shooting was all over. They seriously telegraphed it by focusing on it too long as he dropped it behind the front seats of the van.

So it wasn't just the same shotgun used, it was the one that he personally had put in the van the Sons used to drive away.
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote