TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-25-2013, 07:50 AM   #1
dave13077

Trouble with the Mini all of sudden

I have a Mini that is in our bedroom. I have had it set up for about a month without issues until the last few days. The last few days it loses the connection to the XL4 and also when watching live TV it will fall to tune channels. If I go back to the Tivo menu and back to live tv this seems to fix the issue. It has also just gone to a black screen after watching it for less than an hour. I have rebooted both the XL4 and Mini and it is still doing this once in awhile.

I am using the MOCA connection between the XL4 and Mini. I am also starting to see a few issues from my 4 year old Dlink 655 router. It is starting to drop the wireless connection every so often so I am thinking that it may be time for a new router. So I have 2 questions:

1) The way I understand it is that when using MOCA the video traffic does not go through the router so does anyone think that the router could be causing the issues with the Mini?

2) What router should I look at to buy?

Thanks
dave13077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
lessd

First make sure that your Moca speed is at least 200 or more. (go to Settings-network-network status-then scroll down using the channel button on the remote)

Old 04-26-2013, 02:38 AM   #3
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

Do you have a POE filter installed? You might be getting interference from outside your house if not.

Also in the network status screen, you can also see if you are getting alot of errors and/or bad packets.

If you have splitters that arent spec'ed for high enough, they might not be passing enough of the signal through and making things borderline.

Make sure you have no spitters with open taps... can cause havoc/ drop signal strengths
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:54 AM   #4
dave13077

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
First make sure that your Moca speed is at least 200 or more. (go to Settings-network-network status-then scroll down using the channel button on the remote)
The RX is 253.xxxxx and the TX is 254.xxxxxx.

Yes POE filter installed at main splitter coming into house.

I do have a splitter at the main XL4 separating the TA from the cable feed. I guess I will need to see what kind of splitter it is.
dave13077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #5
tivoboy

I keep having the comcast ondemand not working on a tivo mini, but not sure if that is Moca based error. Tivo doesn't seem to think it's really a bug.
tivoboy is offline   Reply With Quote