TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #1
dtnel

Cool Upgrading Premiere DVR, Is it possible

I have the Premiere HD DVR Model on Tag is TCD746320 . Is it possible to upgrade the drive as I'm running out of space and don't want to use a expander because of electrical waste and failure of one of the 2 drives would cause it to lose some of my shows from what I've read here and there when searching but may or may not be true. Maybe someone can elaborate on that part.

If I have a 1 TB drive and I use a drive cloning software such as what I use available by all hard drive mfrs and other vendors when switching from a failing hard drive or when I upgrade the sizes is it possible to use this route?

If this is possible and I'm not hitting the right way to do it please post me a link, pm me with a link or site name or give me a tutorial or walkthrough. I don't want to open the unit till I'm ready to do this if others have had success and I can read up on it first.

Also what's this thing I've seen in some posts where people refer to "Moxi"? Is it a software or what?

I have a instant cake cd from my old series 2 dvr's which I have 3 stashed in the closet as I couldn't use them when the local cable company went digital. One wasn't even a year old. Anyone out there buying series 2 dvrs or is there a way I can use them to store overflow in any way possible?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!
dtnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
jfh3

Take a look at the "TiVo Upgrade Center" forum in the Nderground Playground area.
jfh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #3
dtnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfh3 View Post
Take a look at the "TiVo Upgrade Center" forum in the Nderground Playground area.
Thanks !!
dtnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
atmuscarella

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtnel View Post
I have the Premiere HD DVR Model on Tag is TCD746320 . Is it possible to upgrade the drive as I'm running out of space and don't want to use a expander because of electrical waste and failure of one of the 2 drives would cause it to lose some of my shows from what I've read here and there when searching but may or may not be true. Maybe someone can elaborate on that part.

If I have a 1 TB drive and I use a drive cloning software such as what I use available by all hard drive mfrs and other vendors when switching from a failing hard drive or when I upgrade the sizes is it possible to use this route?

If this is possible and I'm not hitting the right way to do it please post me a link, pm me with a link or site name or give me a tutorial or walkthrough. I don't want to open the unit till I'm ready to do this if others have had success and I can read up on it first.
See my post here: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=467332

Quote:
Also what's this thing I've seen in some posts where people refer to "Moxi"? Is it a software or what?
Moxi was the brand name for a digital cable only DVR - they have gone out of buisness.

Quote:
I have a instant cake cd from my old series 2 dvr's which I have 3 stashed in the closet as I couldn't use them when the local cable company went digital. One wasn't even a year old. Anyone out there buying series 2 dvrs or is there a way I can use them to store overflow in any way possible?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!
If they have lifetime you might get $75-$100.
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote