TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-04-2014, 09:46 PM   #1
organgtool

Tivo Slide Pro Learned Buttons Register Multiple Presses

I just got this remote and I absolutely love it, but the one problem I am having is that every button I successfully learn registers multiple presses when I use it from the Tivo remote. For instance, I programmed the Tivo remote's input button to learn my television input button, but every time I press the input button on the Tivo remote, it skips over several inputs even if I just tap the button. The same thing happened when I programmed my receiver's volume buttons to the remote. I used the Linux evtest command to spy on the values being thrown by the Tivo remote. Evtest shows a single Tivo remote button press registers value 0 for the keydown event, a series of value 2's, and finally a value 1 for the keyup event. Has anyone else had this problem and is there any way to resolve it? I guess I could program the remote to learn the entire television via code cycling, but would I then be able to control the volume and mute buttons to only send to my receiver?
organgtool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:26 AM   #2
moyekj

The key is when learning from source remote just press the source remote button quickly and release. i.e. Don't wait for the acknowledgement light on TiVo remote. I was having a hard time too and someone gave me above tip and it fixed the problem.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:16 PM   #3
organgtool

That worked! It was a bit of a pain, but I finally got it. Thank you for your help!
organgtool is offline   Reply With Quote