TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

iPad TiVo app + Mini

Just throwing it out there that the tivo iPad app needs an update... It doesn't really seem to fully understand what a mini is. When you connect locally to the mini, the 'info' page seems to show program info for whatever is playing on the TiVo it's paired with, as opposed to what you are watching on the mini. The in-app virtual remote works fine with the program you are currently watching on the mini, at least. I haven't tested the other functionality yet... When connected in away mode, the mini disappears from the list of available units.

I haven't tested it yet on my android phone, but that one did get an update recently, right?
lgnad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #2
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

To finish off the Ipad version, when connected to the Mini, the 'My shows" and "Manage" appear to function normally, are simply oriented towards the Tivo the Mini is paired with.

In case anyone was wondering, the Android app lists the Mini as "not available" with a little info button. When clicked, it states that "this app currently requires a TiVo Premiere or TiVo HD/Series3 DVR". App version 1.9.0 (version released 3/28, added much of the "away" functionality the IOS version has had, short of streaming)
lgnad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:45 AM   #3
NSPhillips

I have only had intermittent success controlling the Mini with the iPad app. It only occasionally appears in the list of DVRs.
NSPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote