TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-05-2016, 09:35 PM   #1
DaveTheNerd

Mini Errors V70 and V421, all Devices available

Chalk me up as another long-time TiVo user now having Mini problems.

TiVo Bolt as "main" device. Just replaced a Series 3 with a TiVo Mini. The Series 3 worked fine with cable signal and over either Powerline *or* wireless bridge it saw the Bolt and both could exchange videos back-and-forth.

The Mini won't work with MoCA and won't see the Bolt when connected either with Powerline or wireless bridge.

Initially I was getting the V70 error, so I plugged the Mini directly into the same switch as the Bolt and it immediately connected and synced up. Now that it knows the IP address of the Bolt I moved it back to its intended location.

The Mini happily gets on the internet just fine, but it will not see the Bolt over either Powerline or Wireless bridge. Error V421 is what comes up. The thing is, I can plug another device in via Ethernet in the same location and see both the Bolt and the Mini, so I know the network is "working" between the two of them. From anywhere on the network I can pull up the https web interfaces for both the Bolt and the Mini, as well.

And, of course, in the Mini's settings I can see that it has the correct IP address for the Bolt as the host.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why it would be telling me it can't see it? Is there some protocol that might be getting blocked? That's the only thing I can think of here, and I'm at my wits end. Help me, Obi Wan TiVobis. You're my only hope!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Producer & co-host
The Mac Observer's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DaveTheNerd is offline   Reply With Quote