TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
UCLABB

Just got a cable card and tuning adapter...

Put in for my new XL4. I know, I should have done it myself, but they insisted on doing it. I figure if I persisted that they wouldn't give me much help on pairing. Besides, the office is all the ways across town and I worried about having to travel for multiple M cards.

What pisses me off is I know more about this than the tech who claimed to have done many card installations. He knew jack about MOCA. I had to instruct him on installing a splitter BEFORE the tuning adapter after he had lost the MOCA Internet connection. He was flabbergasted that I was "using" the cable company's wires for other than normal TV.

In any event he took quite a while, much of it on the phone. I wonder how I would have fared on the phone.
UCLABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:39 PM   #2
PCurry57
Liberal Hippie Chick

One year ago last January when I moved and DirecTV was unable to hit the birds. The twc tech that came to do cable card install knocked on the door and handed me the card. He had never done a tuning adapter install.

I was upset paying a fee for an experienced tech is one thing that I was paying that ridiculously high install fee to train him - absurd. He had no coax on his truck, that's right NONE, I had to knock on a neighbors door and scavenge segments of coax to go 8 feet from the wall outlet. When I didn't have any he was flabbergasted. He couldn't believe that as a former Sat customer I didn't have any coax; "How do you connect your TV?" Me "With an HDMI cable, duh!"
----
TiVo Premiere [746320]+WD1TB w/slide remote(original)
TiVo Premiere [746500]+WD1TB
TiVo Stream (awaiting Android support/app update)

Last edited by PCurry57 : 03-14-2013 at 09:52 AM.
PCurry57 is offline   Reply With Quote