TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-01-2016, 09:41 PM   #1
Bmsmith101

Arrow TiVo Bolt won't allow live tv

New user...purchased a bolt and 3 Minis. Using Verizon Fios cable card...Cable card is confirmed and working. I am able to install it directly into my Sony tv and all channels work.
I install into the TiVo Bolt and run through the setup and everything goes through fine...I get to main screen and push live tv on the remote and I am stuck on 83%...
I've had numerous calls to TiVo, actually had Fios at the house today. No luck.
I am told that I need 2.4ghz splitters...Ill try that tomorrow...I am not sure if that is even the answer...I installed the one 2.4 splitter I have and disconnected everything except the line to my TiVo and to my cable modem and no luck...
So how critical are these splitters...anyone else having issues? Could it just be a bad box...
And secondly, I see that there are USB boots in the rear...am I able to hood a USB hdd up and use it for additional storage? If so I may take the TB version back for the 500gb...any help appreciated

Bmsmith101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 07:16 AM   #2
worachj

Just FYI to make you aware, TiVo is having problems with some of their servers.
http://tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/sho...6#post10750156

Old 01-02-2016, 01:33 PM   #3
mstrumpf

If you can confirm that your cable card works in your Sony Tv, then that means it is paired with your TV and will probably not work in your Tivo. Cablecards need to be paired to the device.

mstrumpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 02:08 PM   #4
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrumpf View Post
If you can confirm that your cable card works in your Sony Tv, then that means it is paired with your TV and will probably not work in your Tivo. Cablecards need to be paired to the device.
Yes and No, CableCARDs need to be paired to show protected content, an unpaired CableCARD will work just fine to show you unprotected content on the system and certainly would not stop a Bolt from working.