TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #31
pmyers

Andrea is going to take some flack from Phillipp for telling Brandon about wanting to throw the challange!
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #32
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
There was a better strategy than forfeiting the challenge. They should have gone ahead and legitimately played and tried their best to win. If they lose, fine, they vote out crazy guy. If they won, even better, the fans have to lose one more player and then later they can surely, easily, provoke Brandon into disqualifying himself by doing something insane.
while brilliant on paper...nobody wants a psycho back at camp that could do anything at anytime.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #33
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
while brilliant on paper...nobody wants a psycho back at camp that could do anything at anytime.
If they had not forfeited I feel sure production would have pulled Brandon from the game. If they had insisted on playing they would have had the chance to also eliminate another fan.
No way would they have let Brandon go back to camp.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #34
wendiness1
WiiMomma

I'm guessing (hoping) the food Brandon destroyed was replaced. This was not typical behavior and the tribe was, I think, at risk of some potential violence from this maniac.

I think the challenge that was aborted will return next week. They'll simply drop one of the future challenges and use this one since it's already set up.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:04 AM   #35
brott
at redh dot com

While I still think Philip is off is rockers on some level, I did see something from him when talking alone with Brandon that I'd never seen from him before. He seemed to be a bit normal

I've always wondered if his Stealth R Us is just a gimmick he uses on the show and I'm a bit more convinced of that now. While Philip is disliked on some level, he's pretty much the leader of the group regardless of his method.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #36
tiams

This is from an interview EW did with Brandon before filming started. He is asked about Russell. Someone please explain the very last sentence to me.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/01/23/su...-hantz-ussell/

EW: Well, letís talk about a tough Hantz man. Russell was pretty harsh about your previous performance, both during the season and at the live reunion. Whatís your relationship like now?
BRANDON: UhhhhÖit actually was wonderful, until I got back together with my wife.

EW: Why is that?
BRANDON: Because when youíre lonely and sad, you want to be lonely and sad with someone else. And Iím being straight-up. I want him to see this. I want him to read this. Maybe it will hit him in his head. When something good happens for somebody and nothing good has happened for you, you get a little bit bitter. And I feel like thatís what it is right now. I feel like heís very sad and hurt and it kinda sucks because we had a really good time together when I wasnít with my wife, and I wanted that kind of relationship, even with my wife. So it shows that itís an ulterior motive from him to obviously have me as a friend, as a companion. Iím just there to help his pain go away, which I didnít do anything with him sexually so I donít see how that is a problem.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #37
Tracy
Truly

I can't follow much of that paragraph, but that last sentence is bizarre. Why go there??
Old 03-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #38
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Remember the other Hantz brother who got kicked off Big Brother?

I think the casting people had to know they were setting up a potentially dangerous situation when they put Brandon on the show.

I'm liking Philip more and more. I felt sad for him when Brandon told him everyone hated their nicknames. Philip responded that everyone thought it was just fun and I think that is all the stealth r us thing is for Philip. He isn't serious, he isn't completely crazy, he is just having a little fun.

And I could have smacked Brandon's childish face when he mumbled to mock Philip's speech pattern.

So do they get their rice and beans replaced by production? I think they should have taken some precautions when Brandon had already threatened to pee in them.
I'm sure the producers knew that casting Brandon could result in this very thing. And I'm sure they knew that Philip could be just as entertaining in a weird way as well. They got what they wanted and they sure advertised this ahead of time to get ratings. Anyway, I'm glad he's gone. I thought Jeff was really terrific trying to get everything under control. Kudos.

I don't mind Philip nearly as much as the first time around. Either he's toned it down (or the producers have not focused on him as much...just as likely).

Reynold is becoming a favorite of mine and I'm rooting for him to win.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #39
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
This is from an interview EW did with Brandon before filming started. He is asked about Russell. Someone please explain the very last sentence to me.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/01/23/su...-hantz-ussell/

EW: Well, letís talk about a tough Hantz man. Russell was pretty harsh about your previous performance, both during the season and at the live reunion. Whatís your relationship like now?
BRANDON: UhhhhÖit actually was wonderful, until I got back together with my wife.

EW: Why is that?
BRANDON: Because when youíre lonely and sad, you want to be lonely and sad with someone else. And Iím being straight-up. I want him to see this. I want him to read this. Maybe it will hit him in his head. When something good happens for somebody and nothing good has happened for you, you get a little bit bitter. And I feel like thatís what it is right now. I feel like heís very sad and hurt and it kinda sucks because we had a really good time together when I wasnít with my wife, and I wanted that kind of relationship, even with my wife. So it shows that itís an ulterior motive from him to obviously have me as a friend, as a companion. Iím just there to help his pain go away, which I didnít do anything with him sexually so I donít see how that is a problem.
I'm not a psychologist but I'm pretty sure this boy has some kind of problem. Just reading that reinforces that his mental processes are not normal.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #40
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by brott View Post
While I still think Philip is off is rockers on some level, I did see something from him when talking alone with Brandon that I'd never seen from him before. He seemed to be a bit normal

I've always wondered if his Stealth R Us is just a gimmick he uses on the show and I'm a bit more convinced of that now. While Philip is disliked on some level, he's pretty much the leader of the group regardless of his method.
We saw that on occasion when he was first played also.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #41
Honora

Quote:
There was a better strategy than forfeiting the challenge. They should have gone ahead and legitimately played and tried their best to win. If they lose, fine, they vote out crazy guy. If they won, even better, the fans have to lose one more player and then later they can surely, easily, provoke Brandon into disqualifying himself by doing something insane.
The way Brandon was acting, he had to go and go now!!

Threatening to pee on the rice and beans was bad enough, but he said he thought about burning down the shelter! Who could sleep after hearing that?
Honora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #42
pendragn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honora View Post

Threatening to pee on the rice and beans was bad enough, but he said he thought about burning down the shelter! Who could sleep after hearing that?
He also had access to a pretty scary looking knife. After the stuff he said I would not feel safe around him.

It's also interesting about the forfeit. In a previous season a tribe wanted to do the same thing and Jeff said that every member of the tribe had to agree to the forfeit. They didn't mention that here. I think that means either Brandon agreed and they didn't show it, or the Producers didn't make him agree so they could let the tribe vote him out.

tk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pendragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #43
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragn View Post
He also had access to a pretty scary looking knife. After the stuff he said I would not feel safe around him.

It's also interesting about the forfeit. In a previous season a tribe wanted to do the same thing and Jeff said that every member of the tribe had to agree to the forfeit. They didn't mention that here. I think that means either Brandon agreed and they didn't show it, or the Producers didn't make him agree so they could let the tribe vote him out.

tk
Wasn't that after they won the challenge and decided they wanted to go to tribal anyways? It wouldn't be hard for them to throw the challenge if not allowed to forfiet.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:27 PM   #44
pmyers

Quote:

And if Phillip was his problem, why screw his "friends"?
Old 03-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #45
Tracy
Truly

Here is an article from Reality Blurred bashing the way that episode played out:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realit...-hantz-episode
Old 03-14-2013, 12:35 PM   #46
Azlen

Whoever gave Brandon his psychological examination and cleared him to be on the show should turn in their certfication and find another line of work. There is no way they should have let someone in his obvious mental state on this show. It was clearly irresponsible of the producers to put him and the rest of his tribe mates in that position. He never should have been on the show.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:51 PM   #47
Lee 2.0
Hoopy frood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
I can't follow much of that paragraph, but that last sentence is bizarre. Why go there??
Pretty much only one reason.
Lee 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #48
InterMurph

Quote:
Originally Posted by latrobe7 View Post
But I hope Phillip follows Brandon and Shamar soon, I've had enough of crazy people in Survivor for a while.
Shemar and Brandon have clear psychological problems, Brandon much more so than Shemar.

But Philip is just a narcissistic kook. He doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence as the other two.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #49
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Here is an article from Reality Blurred bashing the way that episode played out:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realit...-hantz-episode
I agree with a lot of this, especially the direction of how this show is going. And I'm specifically talking about bringing back old contestants. I think it ws a fun novelty once. The first All-Stars was a lot of fun. But now, they do it so often that it's just not interesting any more. I'd rather they bring in new contestants and maybe, every 4th season some form of All-Stars. The fall season wasn't bad because the number of bring backs was small, and those they brought back were actually interesting. This time? It looked like they were trying to find contestants that were not necessarily good players, but disturbing personalities. I understand it brings ratings to some extent, but some contestants people just don't want to see again. I am not sure there were that many fans who wanted to see Philip or Brandon again. And there were a couple of them they brought back that frankly I don't remember.

If Probst is bored, like Andy Denhart suggests, then perhaps it's time to bring in a new host. I can actually think of a couple of former Survivors who might be good at it. Penner is one that comes to mind immediately. It also does seem that Jeff has been given a lot of power. I know I said I thought he handled this situation well, but in light of what Andy said in his blog, perhaps not, if this was all staged for TV's benefit. There's a lot about Survivor that I no longer like. It's become too predictable because of the editing. They have tried TOO many gimmicks. In fact, I'd love where they have a season with all new contestants and call it "Classic" Survivor, where they play with the original rules. No hidden idols, a reward and immunity challenge every week. And some good personalities rather than combustible ones.

And, oh yeah, a cold weather version
Old 03-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #50
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I agree with a lot of this, especially the direction of how this show is going. And I'm specifically talking about bringing back old contestants. I think it ws a fun novelty once. The first All-Stars was a lot of fun. But now, they do it so often that it's just not interesting any more. I'd rather they bring in new contestants and maybe, every 4th season some form of All-Stars. The fall season wasn't bad because the number of bring backs was small, and those they brought back were actually interesting. This time? It looked like they were trying to find contestants that were not necessarily good players, but disturbing personalities. I understand it brings ratings to some extent, but some contestants people just don't want to see again. I am not sure there were that many fans who wanted to see Philip or Brandon again. And there were a couple of them they brought back that frankly I don't remember.

If Probst is bored, like Andy Denhart suggests, then perhaps it's time to bring in a new host. I can actually think of a couple of former Survivors who might be good at it. Penner is one that comes to mind immediately. It also does seem that Jeff has been given a lot of power. I know I said I thought he handled this situation well, but in light of what Andy said in his blog, perhaps not, if this was all staged for TV's benefit. There's a lot about Survivor that I no longer like. It's become too predictable because of the editing. They have tried TOO many gimmicks. In fact, I'd love where they have a season with all new contestants and call it "Classic" Survivor, where they play with the original rules. No hidden idols, a reward and immunity challenge every week. And some good personalities rather than combustible ones.

Colby Donaldson would be the perfect replacement for Jeff.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #51
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Colby Donaldson would be the perfect replacement for Jeff.
He was another I thought about. Maybe even the Facts of Life actress who did it last season. I used to really like Jeff, but I am getting the feeling that he thinks he's bigger than the show now. And they tend to bring back his buddies too.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #52
tiams

Quote:

And he would have been gone even if they they did not forfeit. I say they should have played and possibly won immunity, gotten rid of another fan, and let the producers do what they had to do with Brandon. He wouldn't have been let back at camp.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #53
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post

I would like to see that too!
Old 03-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #54
newsposter
Poster of News

so do they get all new food?

!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #55
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
I would like to see that too!
I know it will never happen. I'm realistic. But I personally am bored with the tropical island version that we get over and over again. I get that the producers feel that without a warm weather locale people won't tune in because they won't be getting bare chested muscular guys and girls in bikinis. So why not, for the season filmed in the summer, a mountain location? Surely it will be warm enough during the day for "skin", and there have to be enough people out there that regularly camp out during the summer months for weeks at a time that living outside during a chilly night shouldn't be a big problem. Heck, I camped out for 6 weeks as a kid two summers in a row in tents with no heat. And I'm a city kid. I can't see their being any shortage of contestants for that. I'm not talking about camping out in Alaska in January!!
Old 03-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #56
pmyers

Quote:
And he would have been gone even if they they did not forfeit. I say they should have played and possibly won immunity, gotten rid of another fan, and let the producers do what they had to do with Brandon. He wouldn't have been let back at camp.
He also might have done something "crazy" during the challenge.

I've been around a cancer like him and you would do ANYTHING just to have them gone....Like the one lady said (carol?) "This has taken me out of the game".
Old 03-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #57
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
so do they get all new food?
I bet they give them the opportunity to "win" new food. Or trade for it like they did one other season when food grew short.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #58

Is the reason why they don't do a cold weather version for safety reasons, or T&A reasons?
702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #59
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
....Like the one lady said (carol?) "This has taken me out of the game".
Dawn
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #60
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 702 View Post
Is the reason why they don't do a cold weather version for safety reasons, or T&A reasons?
Explain. I'm not sure it's any safer being in torrential wind swept rain than in a cool night in say Rocky Mountain National park in July.