TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #1
moyekj

SPSPS backdoor on a Mini

One of the most useful SPS backdoor codes for me has long been SPSPS (Select-Play-Select-Pause-Select) which clears the play bar quickly when using trick play functions. Unlike all other SPS backdoor codes, since the introduction of "Pause Ads" it has been made increasingly more difficult to enter this code. The only reliable way to this point was to play a showcase video and enter the code while it is playing. That is a sure fire way to enter SPSPS with remote and have it stick.

Enter the Mini which of course doesn't have showcase videos and hence apparently no reliable way to enter SPSPS. I tried again and again to enter SPSPS with regular Peanut remote with the Mini but couldn't get it to work. Another strike against the Mini.
However, playing with it some more last night I found using the kmttg RPC Remote macro while playing back a recording seems to work very reliably.

So for those (apparently few) people that love the SPSPS code know that there is a way to enable it with the Mini despite lack of showcase videos.
(Also like for regular TiVos this backdoor is not sticky and needs to be re-entered upon reboot of the Mini).
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:02 PM   #2
leiff

I'm getting my mini Friday. Enabling quick hide of progress banner is also very important to me. I don't understand your method though. Are you suggesting I could accomplish the same thing with my harmony remote? Otherwise please explain how you did it, thanks so much!
leiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #3
djwilso

I know that the Clock sequence is also more difficult to enter now. You have to first press Select, wait for the Mini Guide to be displayed, and then enter the S-P-S-9-S code.

Is it possible that you can enter the S-P-S-P-S code in the same way? I have not used this code so I'm not sure.
djwilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #4
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by leiff View Post
I'm getting my mini Friday. Enabling quick hide of progress banner is also very important to me. I don't understand your method though. Are you suggesting I could accomplish the same thing with my harmony remote? Otherwise please explain how you did it, thanks so much!
kmttg has a virtual remote with a SPSPS macro - that is what I am referring to. Entering with a regular remote such as Peanut or Harmony doesn't seem to work with the Mini.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:02 PM   #5
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwilso View Post
I know that the Clock sequence is also more difficult to enter now. You have to first press Select, wait for the Mini Guide to be displayed, and then enter the S-P-S-9-S code.

Is it possible that you can enter the S-P-S-P-S code in the same way? I have not used this code so I'm not sure.
If you play an existing recording (rather than watch live TV) the 1st select does not bring up the Mini Guide, so extra select is not needed. While any other SPS code can be entered that way, the SPSPS backdoor is a special case that required showcase video as I explained in my 1st post, so no that doesn't work on the Mini.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #6
MHunter1
TiVo Bug Hunter

Enter S-P-S code while channel banner is displayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
since the introduction of "Pause Ads" it has been made increasingly more difficult to enter this code
Try entering the code while the channel banner is displayed.

While watching Live TV or any recording, press Right to show the Channel Banner and press Select-Play-Select-Pause-Select before the banner disappears in about 4 seconds.

I don't have a Mini so let me know if this sequence works with the Mini's UI.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=474994
MHunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #7
moyekj

MHunter1, as I mentioned above if you watch an existing recording the Mini guide doesn't display, so you can enter SPS codes the normal way without any tricks. (You only need extra tricks if doing it over live TV). But SPSPS is a SPECIAL code that requires showcase video to work on a Premiere unit. Mini doesn't have showcase videos so hence the reason for starting this thread.