TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-10-2014, 11:21 PM   #841
Peter000

That Veronica Mars… she was on Jimmy Fallon tonight.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:06 AM   #842
DavidTigerFan
Transporter Accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter000 View Post
That Veronica Mars... she was on Jimmy Fallon tonight.
I was mad. You could tell they edited the interview. Specifically when he asked how the movie came about. He asked the question, she said something silly, and the next thing you know they are talking about plot.

Xbox Live: DTigerFan
DavidTigerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:41 AM   #843
mwhip
All better

I got notification that something shipped to me yesterday. I was a $200 backer...anyone know what it is?

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:11 AM   #844
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip View Post
I got notification that something shipped to me yesterday. I was a $200 backer...anyone know what it is?
Check one of the latest backer updates. RT outlined the ship dates for many of the rewards. My guess is that you are getting the poster, as it looks like that's all that is shipping immediately.
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:19 AM   #845
Lori
Social Defective

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
Check one of the latest backer updates. RT outlined the ship dates for many of the rewards. My guess is that you are getting the poster, as it looks like that's all that is shipping immediately.
At the $200 level, though, it should be a signed poster, and those aren't shipping yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is not the size of our army that shall lead us to victory. It is the undeniable righteousness of our cause... "--JAB
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:08 PM   #846
Jonathan_S

Quote:
I started a rewatch and got distracted somewhere in season 1 and never finished. I may have to do a major binge watch this weekend and next week to get caught up.
I also got derailed. I've got the S2 finale and all of season 3 left.

Hoped to have gotten some binge watching in on my work trip, but my brand new work laptop doesn't have an optical drive and wifi was too slow to let me stream from Amazon Prime

I'm not going to get through it all before Thursday, but at least I will have gotten through the bulk of the show.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:09 PM   #847
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

I find myself really hoping that there are options for the Digital Download and they won't force iTunes on us.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:19 PM   #848
deaklet
Gemütlichkeit

S3: Paul Rudd! Dianna Agron!

Spoiler:
"So? Rob Thomas is a whore."

Old 03-12-2014, 10:17 PM   #849
StacieH
betativowho??

I am still at our annual conference. After being on my feet for 16 hrs + each day for the past 6 days, here's how MY Friday is going to go:

Sleep in
10 am-mani/pedi
12:30-massage (90 minutes)
3 pm - Veronica Mars Movie

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
StacieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:01 PM   #850
cmontyburns
Excellent.

I've had a lousy and stressful week (including feeling under the weather) and am REALLY looking forward to the AMC premiere on Thursday night. I can't believe it's here.

Downside: I'll miss the Paleyfest panel with Rob T. and the cast, which is being streamed Thursday night. Hopefully it will be archived somewhere.
cmontyburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:52 AM   #851
nyny523
Oy

Just got this email:

Dear VERONICA MARS backer,

We are very excited to let you know that your Digital Download reward will be sent on March 14! Accordingly, you may want to add this e-mail address to your address book to prevent your SPAM filters from blocking the email with your Download.

**Please note that this is an automatically generated email - replies will not be answered. Go to http://theveronicamarsmovie.com/faq/ for additional information and support.

Thanks again for supporting the VERONICA MARS movie!
Old 03-13-2014, 07:52 AM   #852
mwhip
All better

Plan for Friday evening is some friends are coming over so I will get the growler filled and we will order pizza and watch the movie!

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:03 AM   #853
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Well, I've made it through the two arcs in season 3. All I have left are the 5 stand-alone episodes at the end. Somehow, I have a feeling that's where I left off during the initial run as well, thinking (as I think now) that the last 5 episodes aren't really all that essential since they don't have an arc. I'll still try and get through them today/tonight, but probably won't be able to get through all of them before going to see the movie, especially if I want to watch the PaleyFest panel.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:08 AM   #854
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
Just got this email:

Dear VERONICA MARS backer,

We are very excited to let you know that your Digital Download reward will be sent on March 14! Accordingly, you may want to add this e-mail address to your address book to prevent your SPAM filters from blocking the email with your Download.

**Please note that this is an automatically generated email - replies will not be answered. Go to http://theveronicamarsmovie.com/faq/ for additional information and support.

Thanks again for supporting the VERONICA MARS movie!
<---- Still hopes it is a code for a service that does not require an install (I am looking at you itunes)
Old 03-13-2014, 09:15 AM   #855
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
<---- Still hopes it is a code for a service that does not require an install (I am looking at you itunes)
In contrast, I am definitely hoping for iTunes. I don't want to mess with janky stuff like Ultraviolet. (Since you can pre-order the movie on iTunes now, I'm taking that as a good sign.)
Old 03-13-2014, 10:44 AM   #856
Jonathan_S

Quote:
Well, I've made it through the two arcs in season 3. All I have left are the 5 stand-alone episodes at the end. Somehow, I have a feeling that's where I left off during the initial run as well, thinking (as I think now) that the last 5 episodes aren't really all that essential since they don't have an arc. I'll still try and get through them today/tonight, but probably won't be able to get through all of them before going to see the movie, especially if I want to watch the PaleyFest panel.
Coincidentally that's exactly where I reached in my rewatch - 5 episodes left.
So close, but not close enough, what with the preview screening being tonight. Ah well, I can watch the last several after I've seen the movie...

I also watched the trailer they made for the planned season 4; don't think I'd watched that before. I hadn't realized that Walton Goggins (Detective Shane Vendrell ; The Shield. Boyd Crowder; Justified) was going to be in that season. Wow - I'm depressed all over again that it got canceled.
Good thing I've got a movie to cheer me up
Old 03-13-2014, 11:23 AM   #857
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmontyburns View Post
In contrast, I am definitely hoping for iTunes. I don't want to mess with janky stuff like Ultraviolet. (Since you can pre-order the movie on iTunes now, I'm taking that as a good sign.)
Count me in on the wish-it'd-be-UltraViolet-but-don't-expect-it-to-be. I definitely don't want it to be iTunes, though. It sucks. I have a Blu-ray coming, plus I'm seeing it in 7 1/2 hours. So I'm set no matter what.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:49 AM   #858
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_S View Post
I also watched the trailer they made for the planned season 4; don't think I'd watched that before. I hadn't realized that Walton Goggins (Detective Shane Vendrell ; The Shield. Boyd Crowder; Justified) was going to be in that season. Wow - I'm depressed all over again that it got canceled.
Well, none of the people in that package were necessarily going to be in the season 4. That was just a presentation package to demonstrate the viability of a "Veronica Mars FBI" series. The only actor that would have been confirmed as a series regular for season 4 was Kristen Bell.

But yeah, I would have definitely been totally on board for a Veronica Mars FBI series.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:12 PM   #859
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswallow View Post
Count me in on the wish-it'd-be-UltraViolet-but-don't-expect-it-to-be. I definitely don't want it to be iTunes, though. It sucks. I have a Blu-ray coming, plus I'm seeing it in 7 1/2 hours. So I'm set no matter what.
I am also supposed to get the Blu-ray.

I just really don't want to install iTunes simply to get one movie. If that happens I may resort to other means to get my digital copy.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:20 PM   #860
Azlen

I'm just hoping the digital download is in HD. Would be highly disappointed if it was only in SD.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:54 PM   #861
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswallow View Post
I forgot I was getting the Blu-ray! Yep, I'm set, too. Movie tonight and digital version via iTunes or BD rip.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:09 PM   #862
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Unfortunately, I didn't have the money to donate enough to get the Blu-Ray, so I'm just getting the DVD version.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:15 PM   #863
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Speaking of the movie tonight... I'm sure many of us will have comments after we see it (and of course, everyone will tomorrow). Are we doing a spoiler thread for the movie itself?
Old 03-13-2014, 01:25 PM   #864
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
On the Kickstarter site I see one comment that seems to indicate it's an UltraViolet code. And another comment complaining about it being playable on PC/MAC only, then complaining it was playable on an iPad or iPhone but you had to use Flixster, so I think that's a sign it's UltraViolet and a brain-dead user. So I'm now somewhat hopeful it'll be UltraViolet.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:30 PM   #865
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
I see the Blu-ray disc includes UltraViolet, so it would make a lot of sense to use the same system to distribute the digital copies to backers that way as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Veronica-Mars-.../dp/B00HEQOAQ8

Old 03-13-2014, 01:32 PM   #866
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmontyburns View Post
Speaking of the movie tonight... I'm sure many of us will have comments after we see it (and of course, everyone will tomorrow). Are we doing a spoiler thread for the movie itself?
Generally speaking Rob Thomas has suggested that as a group we avoid giving away spoilers openly for at least the first few days of release to let folks have a chance at a spoiler-free viewing if they want. So yeah I would think it best to use spoiler tags here.

Old 03-13-2014, 02:40 PM   #867
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

I vote that the movie itself deserves it's own thread, no spoiler tags.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:04 PM   #868
smak
TV MA SLV

Today is the 1 year anniversary of this thread.

-smak-
smak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:10 PM   #869
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

+1 for Robin. New thread FTW.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:20 PM   #870
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Interesting... AMC shows tonights fan event as 2 hours 18 minutes, but the regualr movie listings are shown as 1 hour 48 minutes. I wonder if we're getting an extra presentation along with the movie...

They also are having a 12:01am showing at the same theater.

https://www.amctheatres.com/movie-th...c-neshaminy-24