TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #271
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Ausiello got Rob T. to spill some dirt on plot elements of the movie (presented in annoying gallery format!). I view these as extremely mild spoilers, but technically they are spoilers nonetheless. For example, Rob reveals whether Backup is in the movie and whether Logan and Veronica are together when the movie opens.

http://tvline.com/2013/03/20/veronic...friend/#1/vm1/
cmontyburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:42 PM   #272
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmontyburns View Post
Ausiello got Rob T. to spill some dirt on plot elements of the movie (presented in annoying gallery format!). I view these as extremely mild spoilers, but technically they are spoilers nonetheless. For example, Rob reveals whether Backup is in the movie and whether Logan and Veronica are together when the movie opens.

http://tvline.com/2013/03/20/veronic...friend/#1/vm1/
I think all of those were previously mentioned in other interviews he's given, such as either the HuffPo or the Sepinwall interviews.
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #273
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel View Post
That all of the higher end incentives are gone doesn't help.
Not necessarily. As RT said in his interview, the bread and butter of the campaign was always going to be the lower donation amounts. As of right now, over $2.8 million of the $3.7 million total has come from donations of $300 or less. Sure, it takes more total donors at those smaller levels, but it's much easier to get 20 people willing to spend $50 for a Bluray, T-shirt, digital download, and a script, than it is to find one person willing to spend $1,000 for two tickets to the premiere and the after party.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:32 PM   #274
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Just finished a Kickstarter-inspired re-watch of Season 1. I haven't seen it in years. It was a pleasure to go through it again. No spoilers here since I think some people in the thread are watching for the first time, but the Kane mystery is especially impressive: well-plotted and nicely parceled out over the course of the season. I can't think of a recent show that has done that so well. And the season just builds and builds, with probably the series' best episode (A Trip to the Dentist) as the penultimate, followed by the tense season-capper and the solution to the mystery.

I don't have season 2 handy, so remind me something about the very very end:

Spoiler:
It was Logan at the door, right? I remember hoping it would be Wallace, because I liked their friendship and never really cared for LoVe or whatever 'shipper name the Logon/Veronica pair got. But it was Logan, right?

Old 03-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #275
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Just finished a Kickstarter-inspired re-watch of Season 1. I haven't seen it in years. It was a pleasure to go through it again. No spoilers here since I think some people in the thread are watching for the first time, but the Kane mystery is especially impressive: well-plotted and nicely parceled out over the course of the season. I can't think of a recent show that has done that so well. And the season just builds and builds, with probably the series' best episode (A Trip to the Dentist) as the penultimate, followed by the tense season-capper and the solution to the mystery.

Spoiler:
It was Logan at the door, right? I remember hoping it would be Wallace, because I liked their friendship and never really cared for LoVe or whatever 'shipper name the Logon/Veronica pair got. But it was Logan, right?
Spoiler:
Yes. He had gotten the living snot beat out of him by the bike gang, but my memory is hazy as to the why. Edit: ah, yes, they thought that he was Lily's killer, that's why.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:00 PM   #276
Zevida
witless and unarmed

I started rewatching season 1 too and

Spoiler:
there is a lot that makes me cringe. The actors who play Wallace and Duncan are painfully bad. I don't and never did like Lily Kane. And I especially dislike old Veronica. And it makes no sense that in eight or nine months Veronica went from vapid, sweet follower to disaffected, smartass, badass PI. And boy is Logan an ******* at the start. I liked him at some point but right now it's hard to see why.

Of course, the Veronica relationship with her dad and the mysteries and PI work make up for a lot of the above. But several years distance make the flaws really stand out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:18 PM   #277
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post

Spoiler:
there is a lot that makes me cringe. The actors who play Wallace and Duncan are painfully bad. I don't and never did like Lily Kane. And I especially dislike old Veronica. And it makes no sense that in eight or nine months Veronica went from vapid, sweet follower to disaffected, smartass, badass PI. And boy is Logan an ******* at the start. I liked him at some point but right now it's hard to see why.

Of course, the Veronica relationship with her dad and the mysteries and PI work make up for a lot of the above. But several years distance make the flaws really stand out.
Which is why

Spoiler:
I never accepted him and Veronica as a couple. He just was too despicable for too long

Old 03-21-2013, 11:35 PM   #278
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
Spoiler:
Yes. He had gotten the living snot beat out of him by the bike gang
Ah yes. Thanks.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:49 PM   #279
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Quote:

Spoiler:

We may need to start a spoiler thread to carry on, but:

Spoiler:
I agree about Teddy Dunn (Duncan). Although I thought that at the time, too. But really, most young actors would get blown off the screen next to KB in that role. I always thought Percy Daggs was fine as Wallace. Yeah, his range seemed limited, but he was only asked to play limited. It was a convincing friendship. Mainly it bothered me that he was supposed to be the school basketball stud, but he was shorter than Veronica.

Regarding Logan, I think that's why I always had trouble with them as a couple. The relationship didn't bug me nearly as much this time as it did then, because of course I knew where it was going and it didn't seem like such a sudden character shift. They certainly set the table for his behavior by showing us his crappy home life, but that's maybe easier to see in retrospect.

Mostly I didn't like old Veronica's hair. I suppose having your mom abandon you, your father humilated, your family run broke, being drugged and raped, and having your best friend killed in the span of a few months will do a lot to toughen a person up. Overall I always took her as in that other life but not of it... she never was an 09-er, after all. And I always respected the show for not painting her in a completely flattering light as a result of all that stuff. She uses Wallace and everyone around her constantly, and in several of these episodes pushed the envelope to get even with the mystery-of-the-week suspects farther than her clients were comfortable with.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:54 AM   #280
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Just great! I can't read your posts because I am watching Season 1 for the first time. I watched episode 19 last night! I hope to finish season 1 and start season 2 this weekend!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:11 AM   #281
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

actor talk but no real spoilers:

Spoiler:
I've always thought Duncan was a terrible actor but have no issues with Wallace.

Robin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #282
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
actor talk but no real spoilers:

Spoiler:
I've always thought Duncan was a terrible actor but have no issues with Wallace.
One more actor comment: What about Backup? That dude was awesome.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:31 AM   #283
cmontyburns
Excellent.

After watching this movie update video from Rob T., suddenly I'm a little worried that he's directing the movie.

Rob Thomas Veronica Mars Movie Update
You need to upgrade your Flash Player

T-Shirt design revealed next week!
Old 03-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #284
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
One more actor comment: What about Backup? That dude was awesome.
Spoiler:
Backup would be an unrealistically old dog, particularly for a large breed, so the answer is: no, Backup will not be in the movie.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #285
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Backup would be an unrealistically old dog, particularly for a large breed, so the answer is: no, Backup will not be in the movie.
I know. I was commenting on his season one performance.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #286
smak
TV MA SLV

Quote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I think one of the difference aspects of the first 2 seasons mysterys is that the person who turned out to be the killer was never mentioned for one second as a suspect until the very end, and once we saw that one piece of information, Veronica, and the viewer, knew exactly what happened and everything made total sense.

I don't even think we ever thought of them for one second as a possibility.

Kind of a different way to build a murder mystery.

-smak-
smak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #287
cmontyburns
Excellent.

For Graymalkin and others who may be interested:

Rob T. tweeted tonight that there will be closed captions on the digital download of the VM movie.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #288
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

Quote:

Rob T. tweeted tonight that there will be closed captions on the digital download of the VM movie.
I saw that tweet, and retweeted it with a "THANK YOU!"
Graymalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #289
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Pretty cool video of Rob Thomas and various VM cast-members (KB, Ryan Hansen, Enrico) on the first day that the Kickstarter went live:

VM Kickstarter Behind-the-scenes

Old 03-26-2013, 07:24 PM   #290
Azlen

Anyone recognize the girl who played Wallace's girlfriend?

She's currently on a prime time drama and looks quite a bit different.

Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #291
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
Anyone recognize the girl who played Wallace's girlfriend?

She's currently on a prime time drama and looks quite a bit different.

Wow! I recognized her right away but you're right, she looks a lot different... good find!
Old 03-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #292
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:

astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #293
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPirateRob View Post
Pretty cool video of Rob Thomas and various VM cast-members (KB, Ryan Hansen, Enrico) on the first day that the Kickstarter went live:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uiFIhxXeKI">YouTube Link: VM Kickstarter Behind-the-scenes</a>
Poor baby. :-)
Robin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:29 PM   #294
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
Wow! I recognized her right away but you're right, she looks a lot different... good find!
Hint?

- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:44 PM   #295
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Hint?
If my research is correct:
Spoiler:
The character's name on Veronica Mars is Jane Kuhne, played by Valorie Curry. She currently stars on FOX's The Following.

(spoiler tagged in case anyone wanted to still try and guess who didn't already know)
Old 03-26-2013, 11:01 PM   #296
Azlen

Quote:
If my research is correct:
Spoiler:
The character's name on Veronica Mars is Jane Kuhne, played by Valorie Curry. She currently stars on FOX's The Following.

(spoiler tagged in case anyone wanted to still try and guess who didn't already know)
Your research is correct. Was watching some episodes of Veronica Mars and thought she seemed familiar but I couldn't place her. Looked it up and now when I watch, I'm afraid that Wallace is going to get stabbed.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:05 PM   #297
cmontyburns
Excellent.

VM pulled in a number of guests who are better-known now. Jane Lynch and Jessica Chastain are two names who had small roles in season one alone.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:35 AM   #298
markp99
TakoKichi

So, is Wallace a Follower?
markp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:45 AM   #299
eddyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp99 View Post
So, is Wallace a Follower?
Everyone is.
eddyj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:54 AM   #300
danterner
Not it!

Latest update says it is now open to international backers through parts of Europe and beyond (Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain, Sweden, UK). I wonder how big the influx of new backers will be, or whether there having been a delay will result in it being more of a dribble.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote