TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-08-2015, 01:42 PM   #1
gostan

Why Did I Wait So Long?

My older Premiere failed several months ago and I replaced it with a Roamio Plus. But since my wife (for no reason that I can understand) is enamored with the Comcast X1 DVR in her TV room, I took the easy cheap way out and opted for a Comcast box in our bedroom to replace another older TivoHD. I hated the entire X1 interface and the remote. Earlier this week with the lower Mini prices, I opted for a new Mini. Moca Network was a piece of cake and everything seems flawless. Very happy so far.

Old 01-13-2015, 11:13 AM   #2
lessd

Unfortunately for TiVo most people don't understand the Roamio/Mini/MoCA system, I have installed them for three friends now and they love the system, (and save much monthly cable cost) also they like the ability to add another Mini to another room without having to pay anything to the cable co, just a one time payment of about $140 for the Mini.
I don't know how TiVo can make hay with this system for the general public as most people just order their DVR system from the cable co, and if it does not work the cable co. takes care of the problem with just one phone call.