TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-21-2015, 07:28 PM   #1
supersnoop

Mini Setup - Any V70 Solutions?

I'm sorry folks, but I'm going crazy here.

I have a Roamio Pro and two Minis set up and running just fine. I'm trying to add another Mini. I feel like I've tried everything and nothing works. TiVo even sent out a replacement Mini and I continue to get the same V70 error during setup.

I've plugged in the Mini where other Minis work. I've rewired so only the one Mini and the Roamio are actually connected to the router. I've disconnected all other network equipment in the house. I've verifed that the MAK has been saved to the Mini by connecting to the web interface now playing list (login tivo/[mak]), I've rebooted everything and connected to the TiVo service multiple times.

After two hours on the phone with TiVo support, we tried using MoCA. When the Mini ran through guided setup, it was able to connect to the TiVo service via MoCA, which runs through the Roamio, but STILL claimed it couldn't find a DVR.

Either I'm missing something really simple, or I got two bad Minis in a row. Please tell me what I'm missing.

supersnoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:37 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

TC CLUB MEMBER
Force a call on the TiVo itself. Wait for it to be completely done. Then pull the plug on the TiVo and allow it to reboot. Do the same for the Mini. Once that's done they'll likely work fine.

Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:58 PM   #3
ellinj
Seems Very Friendly

I have been in the same boat for over week, my mini will not connect, I get the v70 error on both ethernet and MoCa,, very frustrating. Tivo support offered up no solutions other then that they would escalate internally.

ellinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:59 PM   #4
Dan203
Super Moderator

TC CLUB MEMBER
v70 an authorization issue. First off check your tivo.com account and make sure both devices are listed. If they are then force a couple of calls on the TiVo and then reboot it. For the Mini connect it via Ethernet to a port that you know can access the internet then run setup again.

Old 01-23-2015, 06:21 PM   #5
ellinj
Seems Very Friendly

Tivo is now saying its a software issue. I have a family members DVR on my account that is on comcast. (My Roamio is on Cox) and it seems that the Mini ended up downloading the software for comcast which won't work with the Roamio when a Cox Cable card is installed. I don't know if the software is actually different for different cable cards or if its a Scientific Atlanta vs Motorola issue, but they moved the two Cox boxes to a new account and am now waiting the 24-72hrs for the mini to be provisioned with the correct software.

Old 01-23-2015, 06:46 PM   #6
supersnoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
v70 an authorization issue. First off check your tivo.com account and make sure both devices are listed. If they are then force a couple of calls on the TiVo and then reboot it. For the Mini connect it via Ethernet to a port that you know can access the internet then run setup again.
The Mini connects and downloads some information during the guided setup, and I can connect to it through a web browser using the MAK as the password, so I know it's authorized on the account and can reach the internet. I've plugged the Mini into the same switch as the Roamio, and even rewired so the two of them were alone on the entire network connected directly to my router. I've forced connections and rebooted the Roamio many times.

I agree this seems like an authorization issue rather than a connection issue, but nobody seems to be able to figure out why. Everything is set and and properly configured on the account.

supersnoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 02:37 PM   #7
Dan203
Super Moderator

TC CLUB MEMBER
That is really strange. I think there is a really long thread on this forum, or maybe the Roamio one, where another user had the same problem. I think it ultimately got solved, but I don't remember how. You should search for it maybe it'll provide some insight

Old 01-24-2015, 02:45 PM   #8
Dan203
Super Moderator

TC CLUB MEMBER
This is the one I was thinking of...

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...52#post9624852

Looks like it turned out to be some issue on TiVo's end that had to be fixed on his account.

Old 01-24-2015, 03:54 PM   #9
ellinj
Seems Very Friendly

This seems to hit the nail on the head, my Mini has some text about Xfinity on Demand.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...22#post9591022

I don't think I have received a software update yet which is compatible with Cox.

Old 01-24-2015, 04:44 PM   #10
ellinj
Seems Very Friendly

and it lives, finally got a sw update and was able to complete guided setup.

Old 02-05-2015, 06:08 PM   #11
susandennis

how?

Quote:
and it lives, finally got a sw update and was able to complete guided setup.
What magic did you apply to go from 'still not updated' to 'and it lives?'

I'm trying to replace a rarely used Premiere with the Mini. But the Mini doesn't believe I have a Roamio. (The Roamio and the Premiere were great friends over the same MoCA network so I know it works.)

I've rebooted everything in the house except the cat a gazillion times, I've had the Roamio call home multiple times. The Mini connects and calls home and does great until it looks for the Roamio and then V70. No joy via ethernet or MoCA. Both boxes have valid IPs on my network.

I've changed names of both the Roamio and the Mini. I've checked every item on the troubleshooting checklist. TiVo.Com has the correct box serial number.

What magic am I missing?

susandennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:12 PM   #12
h2oskierc
I'm a 2-Tuner

It took about 24 hours after I activated my mini before it would connect to my Roamio. How long have you had the mini?

h2oskierc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:19 PM   #13
susandennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oskierc View Post
It took about 24 hours after I activated my mini before it would connect to my Roamio. How long have you had the mini?
Shoot! No matter how many times I check and recheck and think I have included every piece of pertinent info, I miss a biggie!

I bought it directly from TiVo so it came auto-activated. I first tried (and failed) to hook it up about 24 hours ago. So,yes, it could be that I just haven't waited long enough.

AND the message says that it needs to find the TiVo for watching things live TV and Xfinity on Demand. I do NOT have Comcast. I have Wave Broadband cable service.

Last edited by susandennis : 02-05-2015 at 07:20 PM.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:48 PM   #14
ellinj
Seems Very Friendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by susandennis View Post

AND the message says that it needs to find the TiVo for watching things live TV and Xfinity on Demand. I do NOT have Comcast. I have Wave Broadband cable service.
This is likely the problem, your mini has a comcast software load on it. In my case it happened because one of the Tivos on my account is used at another house and is on Comcast, but the house with the mini i was trying to connect is on Cox. I had to separate the Tivos onto different accounts and it now works.

Is any Tivo on your account on Comcast? This is likely something you will need to call support and sort out. Before they make you troubleshoot be sure and point out that the mini thinks its on Comcast.

Old 02-05-2015, 11:43 PM   #15
susandennis

Interesting. Nothing in my house is connected to Comcast. The Roamio and the hopefully soon to be retired Premier are both on Wave Broadband. There is no Comcast coming into the house for anything.

But, at least I now have a new talking point for my next TiVo support call.

Thank you.

Old 02-05-2015, 11:54 PM   #16
Arcady
Stargate Fan

Maybe it was using Xfinity VOD as an example, and not specifically.

TiVo Mini (v1) x 3
Slingbox M1

Left DirecTV 4/15/07. Left TWC 8/8/11. Now on Comcast Xfinity.
Arcady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:56 PM   #17
susandennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcady View Post

That's actually what I thought until I read this thread. It will be Sunday before I have a chance to call TiVo back so maybe it will decide to hook up by then and we can know for sure OR if not, I can tell TiVo about it.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:02 AM   #18
Arcady
Stargate Fan

When I got my third Mini, it hadn't been able to make a connection after about 24 hours. I went out of town for the weekend, and when I came back it saw my Roamio but wouldn't allow me to choose the Premiere as a host. Fortunately I wanted to use the Roamio as the host anyway. Definitely something screwy with Mini activations sometimes.

TiVo Mini (v1) x 3
Slingbox M1

Left DirecTV 4/15/07. Left TWC 8/8/11. Now on Comcast Xfinity.
Arcady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:09 AM   #19
susandennis

Quote:
I went out of town for the weekend, and when I came back it saw my Roamio but wouldn't allow me to choose the Premiere as a host.
Thank you for this! I'm so frustrated that it's wonderful to hear that there really might be hope.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:10 AM   #20
ellinj
Seems Very Friendly

Quote:
When I fixed my account issue the Mini took a software update and that message changed. It definitely sounds like a software issue.

Old 02-08-2015, 02:00 PM   #21
susandennis

Not fixed yet but... some movement on the needle

As promised. It's Sunday and I called TiVo.

But first, I cut power to the network, to the Roamio and to the Mini and then brought up the network and let it sit for 15 mins. Then I brought up the Roamio and let it sit for 15 minutes and then 'called home' and made sure there were no network errors.

Then I brought up the Mini using MoCA (I have tested many times using MoCA and using Ethernet and got V70 each time.) I got V70.

Then I called. I explained all and shared the Xfinity on Demand phrase of the V70 message.

That turned out to be the clue. I had an old Lifetime Series 2 on my account that I sold to a guy long ago. I had disconnected it from my account via phone and it never actually left while, apparently, working on the account of the guy I sold it to without any failures. Weird. Anyway, he has Comcast.

So... much like at least one of the other 'it finally works' entries in this thread, the fix TiVo decided to go for was create a new account. Move everything over except the old box. And it should work. In 48 hours.

She said that they would send me an email when the fix was in. I am holding off on the champagne until I actually see the Mini working.

But, I do feel hopeful and the TiVo person I talked to today got to this answer pretty darned quickly with no fuss.

Fingers crossed. I'll be back here on Tuesday to report any progress.

Old 02-08-2015, 02:02 PM   #22
DawnW

I am having this SAME issue and have no idea what it means to have a software update.

Do I call Tivo for that?

I have been on the phone over 2 hours with customer support (5 different calls) and have booted and rebooted over and over again.

It keeps giving me the V70 error code.

This IS registered with my account on Tivo.com

Tivo said it must be the mini and offered to replace it for a $70 fee.

Last edited by DawnW : 02-08-2015 at 02:10 PM.
DawnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 02:10 PM   #23
susandennis

Welcome to the club, DawnW! We are going to need a secret handshake pretty soon.

The clue for me was that the first sentence of the V70 screen referenced Xfinity on Demand and I don't have Comcast.

I'm pretty sure the software update you are being told about is one that needs to come from TiVo. My CSR this morning said that there was an update going out on February 17 but that she had an email for how to move customers up the queue for it.

There appear to be a biscillian moving parts to this ordeal and gum in any one of them can anoint you with that wonderful V70.

Old 02-08-2015, 02:56 PM   #24
DawnW

Quote:
Welcome to the club, DawnW! We are going to need a secret handshake pretty soon.

The clue for me was that the first sentence of the V70 screen referenced Xfinity on Demand and I don't have Comcast.

I'm pretty sure the software update you are being told about is one that needs to come from TiVo. My CSR this morning said that there was an update going out on February 17 but that she had an email for how to move customers up the queue for it.

There appear to be a biscillian moving parts to this ordeal and gum in any one of them can anoint you with that wonderful V70.
So, I wait 9 more days and it needs to be plugged in when the update comes out?

Can't they update over the phone?

ARGH!

DawnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 03:00 PM   #25
susandennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
So, I wait 9 more days and it needs to be plugged in when the update comes out?

Can't they update over the phone?

ARGH!
Oh! I wouldn't assume that is the bit you are missing. I'm just saying it's a possible. Plenty of people have working Mini's without that update.

I've had mine now since Wednesday and it has never connected successfully (and, it was a replacement for one that was probably fine but never connected successfully) and they are saying my issue is one of a corrupted account on their end.

I'm pretty sure they can't update over the phone but, next time you call, you might suggest that you had heard about this update and that they can escalate it for you and would they, please...

Old 02-08-2015, 03:31 PM   #26
ellinj
Seems Very Friendly

Quote:

It took about 24 hrs after they made the new account that the mini worked. I think the email I got from TiVo saying the update was done was a day later. So you might want to try again tomorrow evening.

Old 02-08-2015, 03:34 PM   #27
susandennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellinj View Post
So you might want to try again tomorrow evening.
The thought had occurred to me that a try tomorrow might be worth it. So excellent to know, thanks! I will absolutely keep trying tomorrow. I'm getting giddy with hope!

Old 02-08-2015, 09:25 PM   #28
buckyswider

Interesting. One of my four minis up and decided to V70 this afternoon. It had been working for 4+ months.

I DID see the XOD message.

I DO have Comcast.

There IS an old series 2 that I sold in the fall still listed on my account.

TiVo chat did say I should call and have a new box sent to me. But it doesn't seem like that will help anything at all, does it?

Last edited by buckyswider : 02-08-2015 at 10:05 PM.
buckyswider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:30 PM   #29
susandennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckyswider View Post
TiVo chat did say I should call and have a next box sent to me. But it doesn't seem like that will help anything at all, does it?
I'm guessing that's a typo and you meant to say 'new' (not next) box sent to you. And, my personal opinion is probably not. Based on my experience, I'd call and see if you can get them to remove that Series 2 off your account first, then, if still V70, swap it.

Old 02-08-2015, 10:06 PM   #30
buckyswider

Yep, supposed to be 'new', fixed it, thanks.

I'll get the S2 removed somehow. Then see what happens!1

buckyswider is offline   Reply With Quote