TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #61
JohnB1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
Well I apologize if my participation has ruined parts of the show for anyone. I was trying to be responsible by using the spoiler tags.

I wouldn't have any problem with a no spoiler rule.
No problem, I was always trying to express frustration at myself more than anything.

I'm certainly not trying to change the rules but I can't understand the value of adding spoilers to threads, even though I should have the willpower to not click on them.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #62
Johnny Dancing
Closet Rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip View Post
I would cut and run. Facing off with the Governor is going to get you no where. Just pack up and leave. Heck they do better and lose less people on the road. Go find another town, or prison. Heck do what everybody ever talks about and hit the coast and find an island.
I agree 100% but it would make for bad TV (no big showdown) moving on would be the smart thing to do for our depleted gang. Ironically, the more dangerous thing in this world are other people, not the zombies. Get away from the bad people, the zombies are much easier to defend against and more predictable. However, that being said, they really need to find a few good men and women people to add to the team.

Take the guns and all the food they can haul, pack up the cars and hit the road. Find the next prison if that is where they feel safe.

A battle with the governor makes no sense even though that is bound to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post

I'm glad Rick didn't buy the "turn over Michonne and all will be well" BS. I was shouting at the TV - "he will slaughter all of you" before he revealed that plan to Milton.
I was under the impression that Rick bought into the Governor's trap.

My guess: Rick will decide against turning over Michone and use her as bait. Then both sides will double cross each other at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I actually ffwd'd through the second half of this scene since I expected one of their heads to be blown off.
Heads being blown up are the best part

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
The only thing about the prison is the huge area of farmland fenced in. More than you're likely to find most places. The inside could be made more comfortable pretty easily.
If prisons are the answer to safety, there are plenty of other prisons away from a psycho that wants you and everyone you know dead at all costs. Plus, now they have Michone and lots of guns and ammo to make quick work of clearing a prison yard full of zombies.

Quote:
I kept getting nervous about the gun under the table, and so didn't enjoy the scenes where the others were off on their own like I should have. I wanted them to get back there and guard Rick. And Daryl kept shooting his weapons--arrows, his knife, and I never saw him get them back. It was cool, tho.
They were TV show safe. Considering they need to save the big showdown as the season finale there was little chance the guns were going to be used.

After the showdown, a few main players will die and the both sides will probably scatter and realign as new enemies for next season. I can see Doc Holiday joining Rick's team as he clearly fears and dislikes his current boss.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #63
fmowry

Defending the prison with the people and weapons they have should be infinitely easier than attacking the prison with the gov's men. The element of surprise is gone.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #64
tlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
Of course, one might think that it is possible for Merle to be a double-agent. Maybe that's why he's being so 'let's go there and kill him' - to convince them that he's on their side. I don't know, though. I think he'd be more on Daryl's side than the gov's.

I don't think Merle cares that the gov is a sick f*ck because he is one, himself. I think he has other motivations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
I think Maryl is more simple than that. His brother is on this side, and the Gov tried to have him killed. He wants the Gov dead.
I think Merle is firmly on his brother's side.... right now. But he has a certain flexibility we may see when his own life is at stake.

Quote:
The only thing about the prison is the huge area of farmland fenced in. More than you're likely to find most places. The inside could be made more comfortable pretty easily.
Yeah, but you can't go out and farm it with people shooting at you. These groups cannot coexist. Some way or another, someone has to move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voripteth View Post
Given that zombie skulls are so fragile it's surprising that arrows don't constantly fly threw and get lost in the woods.
Good point! The only time an arrow has gone through a skull is when there was another zombie to stop it!

Z heads have been crushing and splattering too easily. It's not like it appears that their bones are brittle.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #65
kilcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
Defending the prison with the people and weapons they have should be infinitely easier than attacking the prison with the gov's men. The element of surprise is gone.
I thought that too for a while. They could find a spot, hunker down, and just pick people off as they come in. Problem is... They have very limited food and supplies. All the governer would have to do is wait them out. Or unload a trailer full of zombies into the prison.

Plus... And this is the problem we often see with foreign enemies in the real world... The governer is more than willing to let his people die. Rick isn't. That makes the battle harder to fight.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #66
fmowry

The governor can just as easily sit and wait for the convoy of 3 vehicles to leave town and pick them off there.

We saw last week or two weeks ago that the governor doesn't have many more gun wielding bodies than Rick.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #67
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
If they were to leave that prison for another, who knows what they will find there. The rule of 'you stay on your side of the river' was a good one, but not one the Governor would really abide because he is a power hungry jerk.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #68
stellie93

Quote:
I'm glad Rick didn't buy the "turn over Michonne and all will be well" BS. I was shouting at the TV - "he will slaughter all of you" before he revealed that plan to Milton.
Me too--I actually said out loud, why would you believe him, about 2 seconds before Rick said it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
And her ONLY reason now for going with the guv is to off him.
Except that Rick didn't really invite her to come back with them. Hershel gave her a look, but that was it. Maybe she didn't think she had a choice. Or maybe she's going to off him.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #69
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
I realize it can't be helped but I really wish there was a simple "No Spoiler" rule. I often can't help click on them and very often they are minor. This was a pretty major one that has changed my perspective.
I sometimes get spoiled if I am subscribed to a thread because there are no spoiler tags in emails. I open an email and there it is.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #70
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post

I was wondering when the host/guests watch the episode as well. The guy from key & peele kept saying how he was reacting and what he was saying to his wife. Maybe they get to watch before?
I'm sure the guests on TD get screener copies to watch a day or two early so they'll be prepared for the show. And then I assume they screen the episode there at the studio just before taping starts so that the audience will have seen the episode, since TD is recorded before the episode airs on the west coast.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #71
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

I'm sure I'll get crucified for this (again), but can't we just have a separate thread for Talking Dead -- not each week, but perhaps an ongoing TD thread for each season? I think that would clear up a lot of what's been discussed here. That would help narrow down the type of spoilers posted in episode threads...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #72
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
I'm sure I'll get crucified for this (again), but can't we just have a separate thread for Talking Dead -- not each week, but perhaps an ongoing TD thread for each season? I think that would clear up a lot of what's been discussed here. That would help narrow down the type of spoilers posted in episode threads...
What would be the point of that? The only reason to talk about TD is in conjunction with the episode it follows. There really isn't anything specific to TD that's worth discussing on its own.

Frankly, I don't see the point in even putting spoiler tags around the TD stuff. TD is pretty careful not to give spoilers for upcoming episodes, outside of a short clip they show from the next episode. Spoiler tag discussion of that clip, but everything else is fair game, IMO.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #73
Beryl

Some things that seem to be revealed via spoilers may not have been.
Spoiler:
After decades with IBM and marketing products, I learned that nothing is certain until a formal announcement. They may decide to use the actor in dream sequences or even pay him and break the contract.

Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #74
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Yeah, starting a separate TD thread seems silly to me. The whole point of TD is to talk about a particular episode of WD... which is what we do in these episodic threads. Nothing in a TD discussion spoils anything from any future WD episodes.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #75
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
* SPOILER *
Spoiler:
Or keep him around as a walker... :-)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #76
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post

* SPOILER *
HA!! Love it.
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #77
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
What would be the point of that? ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPirateRob View Post
Yeah, starting a separate TD thread seems silly to me. The whole point of TD is to talk about a particular episode of WD... which is what we do in these episodic threads. Nothing in a TD discussion spoils anything from any future WD episodes.
Because it also pointlessly takes up space in the ep thread. I have NO interest whatsoever in TD, and, the more people post about it and respond, the more crap I have to skip to get to actual discussion of the episode.

And, thanks for fulfilling my prophecy...
Old 03-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #78
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

It pointlessly takes up space talking about the ep? Isn't that what this thread is doing?
Old 03-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #79
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Spoiler:
After decades with IBM and marketing products, I learned that nothing is certain until a formal announcement. They may decide to use the actor in dream sequences or even pay him and break the contract.
Spoiler:
Or not pay him at all. TV show contracts are almost never guaranteed. They may simply not have known if they were going to need him for one or two seasons when they signed him.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #80
wprager

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
I guess no one else is gonna start a thread so I will.

It was great seeing Rick face-off against the Governor. The next time they meet should be a good one!

The Governor said his name, but I cannot think of it right now. Anyone else catch it?

Loved the zombie-killing contest between Daryl and the guy from the other side. Especially how one of Daryl's arrows went through the zombie girl and into the neck of he zombie guy.

Some good stuff from The Talking Dead:

Spoiler:
The girl that plays Maggie is HAWT! And speaks with a British accent even though she is an American.

The guy that plays the Governor is British and fashioned his American accent off of Bill Clinton!
How are those spoilers?

Lauren Cohan (Maggie) is British but was born in the U.S.
wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #81
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
Once they went inside I could relax...and enjoy. But, as with you, when they were standing outside, I was concerned.
I was more nervous once they went inside. With no one on watch who knows what would happen?
Old 03-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #82
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprager View Post
How are those spoilers?

Lauren Cohan (Maggie) is British but was born in the U.S.
They are not spoilers, but as you can tell upthread, some people don't want to have to read anything from The Talking Dead, so I wrapped it in spoiler tags to hide it.

markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:48 PM   #83
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPirateRob View Post
It pointlessly takes up space talking about the ep? Isn't that what this thread is doing?
Not talking about the ep -- talking about what another show (TD) said about the ep. Big difference.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #84
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

I'll just couch any remark from TD as something I think or speculate about, and you'll never know the difference.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:49 AM   #85
zalusky

Quote:
Not talking about the ep -- talking about what another show (TD) said about the ep. Big difference.
On the other hand then everything we are talking about is a spoiler then.
Talking does not have real spoilers they are just a bunch of people guessing and talking like us.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:44 AM   #86
jradosh
Newlywed

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post
Talking does not have real spoilers they are just a bunch of people guessing and talking like us.
Doesn't TD have actors, writers and directors from WD on it? If so, I doubt they are really "guessing and talking like us".

Check out
. :)
jradosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:43 AM   #87
Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradosh View Post
Doesn't TD have actors, writers and directors from WD on it? If so, I doubt they are really "guessing and talking like us".
They avoid spoilers better than we do here.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:22 AM   #88
zalusky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradosh View Post
Chris Hardwicke is pretty aware of the fan base. I have noticed him toning down is loud voice and a lot of things that have been directly mentioned here.

The actors in various interviews realize the passion of the fans and the issue of spoilers and have said how difficult it is and make a very conscious effort to keep there mouths shut.

Talking dead is exactly like this forum except for the added civility and some cool technical video info which is all backwards looking. While respect everyone's decision to enjoy the show in their own manner. I think your loosing out on some fun here.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #89
pmyers

I didn't mean to stir up a TD debate again:

I only brought it up because it wasn't a TD spoiler (which doesn't really spoil anything) but was a spoiler on a larger scale, learned outside of the show or TD that could have a much larger impact over multiple seasons....and I would have liked to known that before reading. I just assumed it was a TD nugget.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:33 AM   #90
rimler

It's amazing how quickly this thread degenerated into the ubiquitous spoiler complaining. Obviously, this episode sucked.
rimler is offline   Reply With Quote