Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #31
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Probably be more effective if they shot that mf'er in HIS head...
True!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #32
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
I would have shot the Gov in the face the second I saw him.
This right there.

I'm glad Rick didn't buy the "turn over Michonne and all will be well" BS. I was shouting at the TV - "he will slaughter all of you" before he revealed that plan to Milton.

Daryl is too sexy -- even when he smokes (and I hate smoking).

The Merle - Michonne interplay was a giggle.. As if she'd ever get on his side.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:49 PM   #33
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
This right there.

I'm glad Rick didn't buy the "turn over Michonne and all will be well" BS. I was shouting at the TV - "he will slaughter all of you" before he revealed that plan to Milton.

Daryl is too sexy -- even when he smokes (and I hate smoking).

The Merle - Michonne interplay was a giggle.. As if she'd ever get on his side.
I thought at the end he was still thinking about it, as it might be their only hope. He told Hershel so Hershel would try to talk him out of turning Michonne over, then they both went silent.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:05 AM   #34
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
I liked the episode. Maggie and Glen making out in front of the walkers and then both going 'um' and moving inside was fun.
Normally I would be happy about that, but in this show whenever someone seems happy I always get very nervous that they're about to die, or something. I couldn't enjoy that scene at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
I can't wait for the scene where Andrea kills the Governor - That will be awesome.
IMO this is the most likely scenario at this point.

They made it quite clear that no one told Andrea about Maggie, as some of us suspected a couple of weeks ago. I reiterate my eye-roll and general thumbs-down at the writers on this point.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:07 AM   #35
JohnB1000

Quote:
My GF did, too...

Spoiler:
I didn't have the heart to tell her he's already been signed to another season
Ughh, I had no idea what that would be, I thought it was another Talking Dead spoiler.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:06 AM   #36
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
I guess no one else is gonna start a thread so I will.

It was great seeing Rick face-off against the Governor. The next time they meet should be a good one!

The Governor said his name, but I cannot think of it right now. Anyone else catch it?

Loved the zombie-killing contest between Daryl and the guy from the other side. Especially how one of Daryl's arrows went through the zombie girl and into the neck of he zombie guy.

Some good stuff from The Talking Dead:

* SPOILER *
Lauren Cohan was born in the US but raised in England, which is why she speaks with a Brit accent.

Speaking of Brit accents, I think it would have been hilarious if Andrew Lincoln and David Morrisey played a prank on the crew and sat down to film the summit scene and then started speaking in their real accents and being all nice to each other, "How have you been, ol' chap? Fancy a spot of tea?"

Question about something mentioned on TD, no spoiler info:

Hardwick says he doesn't know what's going to happen and that he watches each episode for the first time the day it airs. So then how has he pre-taped those interviews with Andrew Lincoln talking specifics about the episode that just aired?
Old 03-12-2013, 04:43 AM   #37
jradosh
Newlywed

So many hidden guns, so little action.

On the one hand, I applaud the director/writers for showing us Herschel and the Govenor's hidden guns right away. It helped maintain the tension in what was otherwise a pretty boring hour-long negotiation. On the other hand, nothing happened with those hidden guns. Zzzzz...

I like how last week's episode played into this episode by establishing Michone as "one of them". Made the negotiations more meaningful and Rick's (apparent) decision more appropriate.

I also liked how the characters paired up in this episode... the two leaders, the two warriors and the two intellectual "right-hand men". Loved Durll and the other henchman guy smoking after killing zombies... like having a post-sex cigarette. And I agree with the person that posted how the Gov. screwed up by allowing "bonding time" between his men and Rick's. That (may) come back to screw him in the future.

The post-negotiation return-to-both-camps scene was great... how it established the tension of the coming battle with the music and minimal dialog up until the two leaders pronounced their real intentions. The excitement, drama and dread were all at a high level... I wish the episode had ended then. But no... we then get a 5 minute boring conversation between Rick and Herschel about doubts and alternatives. Buzz kill.

Andrea is eyes-wide-open now. No more excuses. So let's see what happens... does she prove herself? I'm curious.

Glenn must have found the magic cure pills that Carl took post-surgery back in season two. Wasn't his face still mush last episode? I didn't think that much time had passed between then and now. (but I guess it's hard to say for sure...)

I'm hoping Maggie and Glenn have some kind of birth control. The show doesn't need any more babies.

Check out
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:28 AM   #38
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
Normally I would be happy about that, but in this show whenever someone seems happy I always get very nervous that they're about to die, or something. I couldn't enjoy that scene at all.
I actually ffwd'd through the second half of this scene since I expected one of their heads to be blown off.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:44 AM   #39
fmowry

Quote:

They made it quite clear that no one told Andrea about Maggie, as some of us suspected a couple of weeks ago. I reiterate my eye-roll and general thumbs-down at the writers on this point.
And her ONLY reason now for going with the guv is to off him.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:14 AM   #40
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddS View Post

Someone should start a pool for betting on various ways the Governor will get it in the end.
I bet he will get it in the end.
| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:23 AM   #41
Shaunnick

Quote:
My GF did, too...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
That's new information. I thought for sure he would die this season.

Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #42
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I don't think it's new. He was originally signed for two seasons I'm pretty sure.

- billypritchard
Old 03-12-2013, 07:54 AM   #43
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Normally I would be happy about that, but in this show whenever someone seems happy I always get very nervous that they're about to die, or something. I couldn't enjoy that scene at all.....
Once they went inside I could relax...and enjoy. But, as with you, when they were standing outside, I was concerned.
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:39 AM   #44
MonsterJoe
$('.electric').slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I first read it here, early in the season, in a spoiler...in a thread much like this one.

MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #45
Barmat

Quote:
My GF did, too...

Spoiler:
What?

Spoiler:
How can that be? Unless the assault on the prison is next season. That would S**K waiting that long.

Barmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:43 AM   #46
MonsterJoe
$('.electric').slide

It doesn't seem to be a popular decision, for sure.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #47
pmyers

Damn...wish I wouldn't have read that spoiler.

I also wish that there had been some context posted to what type of spoiler it was (such as Talking Dead) so that I could have made a better decision to read it or not.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #48
tiams

Looks like Asian genes will be passed on after the apocalypse.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #49
MonsterJoe
$('.electric').slide

If I had done that, someone would have (rightly) complained that the context made it obvious what the spoiler was, considering what I was replying to. Notice how I'm still not writing anything about the context, since I believe that it would give away what I was talking about inside the spoiler.

Better safe than sorry - don't click on a spoiler if you don't want to be spoiled.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #50
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Damn...wish I wouldn't have read that spoiler.

I also wish that there had been some context posted to what type of spoiler it was (such as Talking Dead) so that I could have made a better decision to read it or not.
I think it's fair to assume that any spoiler is a spoiler for the show, unless otherwise marked as a Talking Dead spoiler.

And even Talking Dead discussion can contain actual spoilers for the show, since there can be spoilers on that show.

- billypritchard
Old 03-12-2013, 10:11 AM   #51
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Once they went inside I could relax...and enjoy. But, as with you, when they were standing outside, I was concerned.
I figured Meryl would show up with some creepy comment while they were doing the deed.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #52
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post
I think it's fair to assume that any spoiler is a spoiler for the show, unless otherwise marked as a Talking Dead spoiler.

And even Talking Dead discussion can contain actual spoilers for the show, since there can be spoilers on that show.
I have been careful to signify if my spoiler is a Talking Dead discussion and whether or not it contains an actual show spoiler or just behind the scenes info.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #53
pmyers

Quote:
If I had done that, someone would have (rightly) complained that the context made it obvious what the spoiler was, considering what I was replying to. Notice how I'm still not writing anything about the context, since I believe that it would give away what I was talking about inside the spoiler.

Better safe than sorry - don't click on a spoiler if you don't want to be spoiled.
yeah...I'm not upset with you, but just a suggestion to put some type of context such as:
Talking Dead spoiler, Major plot spoiler, or something that indicates something.

Chances are I wouldn't have had the control NOT to look anyways
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #54
kilcher

Quote:
I paused it when they first started kissing and told my wife she was going to get shot in the head (Maggie, not my wife).

Even when they went inside I thought something was going to happen since they had left their guard post.

The scenes with the governer and Rick were excellent. Everything I had hoped for. I've really enjoyed the last two episodes, they seem to really be focusing on developing certain characters.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #55
fmowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
yeah...I'm not upset with you, but just a suggestion to put some type of context such as:
Talking Dead spoiler, Major plot spoiler, or something that indicates something.

Chances are I wouldn't have had the control NOT to look anyways
I read it too. Oh well, I'll probably forget by the time we get to that point. I'm sure my minimal capacity to remember show details will be inundated when Game of Thrones starts back up and I try to remember which house is which, and who is good and bad and which people shouldn't be sleeping together.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:10 AM   #56
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilcher View Post
I paused it when they first started kissing and told my wife she was going to get shot in the head (Maggie, not my wife).
That made me laugh!
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #57
Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Question about something mentioned on TD, no spoiler info:

Hardwick says he doesn't know what's going to happen and that he watches each episode for the first time the day it airs. So then how has he pre-taped those interviews with Andrew Lincoln talking specifics about the episode that just aired?
I was wondering when the host/guests watch the episode as well. The guy from key & peele kept saying how he was reacting and what he was saying to his wife. Maybe they get to watch before?
Old 03-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #58
JohnB1000

Quote:

I realize it can't be helped but I really wish there was a simple "No Spoiler" rule. I often can't help click on them and very often they are minor. This was a pretty major one that has changed my perspective.

By the way. The Dead Yourself app they promoted this week is pretty cool. They do a great job with the effects and it only takes a few seconds.

Highslide JS

Old 03-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #59
MonsterJoe
$('.electric').slide

Well I apologize if my participation has ruined parts of the show for anyone. I was trying to be responsible by using the spoiler tags.

I wouldn't have any problem with a no spoiler rule.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #60
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
I realize it can't be helped but I really wish there was a simple "No Spoiler" rule. [/media]
No. Every time someone clicks a spoiler tag they know the risk they are taking.

I have more than once clicked something I did not want to see. It sucked for about five minutes then I moved on waiting to see how it all played out. The only show I had avoided doing that for was this one, where I had a pretty strict no spoiler rule for myself, but in this last season I have got so used to the Talking Dead spoilers I just assumed it was safe.

That fault lies with me.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote