Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-21-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
mrdbdigital
The TBS Archives

TC CLUB MEMBER
Revolution Returns March 25th at 10PM

The NBC series Revolution Returns this coming Monday night, March 25th at 10PM. If interested, NBC has posted a recap of the first part of the season at:

http://www.nbc.com/revolution/

And the first minute of Monday's new episode at:

http://www.nbc.com/revolution/video/...minute/n33542/

You may have to watch a commercial on the second URL.

The first minute clearly shows the amplifier mounted in the helicopter. I still say that the pilot flies very skillfully for someone who hasn't flown a helicopter in 15 years.

Dave
mrdbdigital is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:03 PM   #2
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdbdigital View Post
The NBC series Revolution Returns this coming Monday night, March 25th at 10PM. If interested, NBC has posted a recap of the first part of the season at:
Also, as they keep advertising, the whole season is available On Demand.

I haven't checked for this show, but *some shows* (e.g. "The Biggest Loser") show up in On Demand with VERY few commercials. (I still end up recording to another recorder so I can avoid even that minimal amount of commercials.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:14 AM   #3
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Also, as they keep advertising, the whole season is available On Demand.

I haven't checked for this show, but *some shows* (e.g. "The Biggest Loser") show up in On Demand with VERY few commercials. (I still end up recording to another recorder so I can avoid even that minimal amount of commercials.)
The problem with On Demand for NBC on DirecTV is that it's not in HD. I probably shouldn't have deleted the last episode before the break because I can't remember what happened. I might have to do OnDemand anyway just to remember
Old 03-22-2013, 09:29 PM   #4
mattack

Oh, heh, the major reason I AM using On Demand is because of the HD. (As I've said many times, I record SD mostly for space reasons. I think by the summer at the latest I'll probably upgrade the drive in my Premiere 4 *and* possibly use an external drive for even more offline storage, to do HD for at least the major dramas I watch.)

oh, and some channels or shows DO let you FF through commercials (e.g. Top Gear US), though the latency is so bad that it's usually easier to just do my 'manually record then watch later', even though it's no longer really HD anymore.. it's at least 16:9.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:39 PM   #5
pmyers

Tonight!
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote