TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #1
markz
Hilarity Ensues

The Walking Dead - OAD 03/10/13

I guess no one else is gonna start a thread so I will.

It was great seeing Rick face-off against the Governor. The next time they meet should be a good one!

The Governor said his name, but I cannot think of it right now. Anyone else catch it?

Loved the zombie-killing contest between Daryl and the guy from the other side. Especially how one of Daryl's arrows went through the zombie girl and into the neck of he zombie guy.

Some good stuff from The Talking Dead:

Spoiler:
The girl that plays Maggie is HAWT! And speaks with a British accent even though she is an American.

The guy that plays the Governor is British and fashioned his American accent off of Bill Clinton!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
sharkster

I've heard his name a few times and always forget it (sorry). Wow, who didn't know the second the gov went toward the table that there was going to be a hidden weapon?

At first I was afraid the whole episode was going to be there but it rounded out nicely.

Yeah, the zombie killing contest was awesome.

Also enjoyed Talking Dead a great deal, but then I truly LOVE that show and always make sure to watch TWD early enough to be able to watch TD right after.

NOT spoilers - just Talking Dead content...

Spoiler:
ITA that Lauren is pretty hot and I was almost getting a girl-crush on her. Love how they almost always have a guest from the show, especially cast members. Also enjoying the bits of the Andrew Lincoln/Hardwick interview each week, but would love to see more of that.

sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #3
mwhip
All better

I would cut and run. Facing off with the Governor is going to get you no where. Just pack up and leave. Heck they do better and lose less people on the road. Go find another town, or prison. Heck do what everybody ever talks about and hit the coast and find an island.

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #4
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip View Post
I would cut and run. Facing off with the Governor is going to get you no where. Just pack up and leave. Heck they do better and lose less people on the road. Go find another town, or prison. Heck do what everybody ever talks about and hit the coast and find an island.
I agree with you, Herschel & Carol that they should just hit the road. They'd get a 2-day start before the Governor realizes it, unless he has lookouts watching them. If they head any away except towards the town, he should not be able to find them quickly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #5
MonsterJoe
$('.electric').slide

We've known his name is "Phillip" for quite awhile now.

I would have shot the Gov in the face the second I saw him. I'm not sure why Rick didn't, considering he's done it before and with less cause (the bar and the inmate).

Agree that they should just take off. Go find their own gated community or McMansion. I definitely wouldn't be married to the idea of the prison...there are lots of more suitable/comfortable places to go.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #6
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
I agree with you, Herschel & Carol that they should just hit the road. They'd get a 2-day start before the Governor realizes it, unless he has lookouts watching them. If they head any away except towards the town, he should not be able to find them quickly.
The Gov. commented on all the weapons Rick brought in so I think that meant he has people watching the prison.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #7
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
The Gov. commented on all the weapons Rick brought in so I think that meant he has people watching the prison.
He'd have to have someone INSIDE to see that. From the time they left Morgan's till they unpacked the weapons, they were inside of duffle bags. He could assume they were weapons, but he couldn't know that.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #8
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
I've heard his name a few times and always forget it (sorry). Wow, who didn't know the second the gov went toward the table that there was going to be a hidden weapon?
Chekhov would be ashamed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
I think this is the first time we learned it's Philip Blake, though...
Quote:
I would have shot the Gov in the face the second I saw him. I'm not sure why Rick didn't, considering he's done it before and with less cause (the bar and the inmate).
Although in those earlier cases it was self-defense. I think in this case, a little preventative self-defense wouldn't be uncalled for..
Old 03-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #9
Vendikarr

Quote:

Agree that they should just take off. Go find their own gated community or McMansion. I definitely wouldn't be married to the idea of the prison...there are lots of more suitable/comfortable places to go.
They've seen some good ideas for securing a place already.

Find an empty town. Hell maybe go back to Rick's old town.

Find a big box hardware store with plenty of brooms, mops and some barb wire. Sharpen the brooms and mops into spears and build a Morgan defense system.

Behind the spears, begin building sturdier walls and a gate like in Woodbury. Woodbury is just a couple of blocks behind barricades.

Maybe even head to a cemetary and find a back hoe and dig a trench to use as a dry moat. Any walkers that find their way in there get speared in the head with a makeshift polearm, then burned to ash.

My neighborhood would have a vacant lot or two.. or a park that can be farmed.

With a bit of planning they could make a go of it anywhere. This season's first episode has shown us they are skilled at clearing houses quickly.
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #10
mwhip
All better

Oh and for those commenting on Maggie being hot, Google "lauren cohan modeling". She is very hot.

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #11
voripteth
User Advocate

Quote:
Loved the zombie-killing contest between Daryl and the guy from the other side. Especially how one of Daryl's arrows went through the zombie girl and into the neck of he zombie guy.
Given that zombie skulls are so fragile it's surprising that arrows don't constantly fly threw and get lost in the woods. It would be cool scene to have a line of zombies all get headshot by a single bullet. (Implausible but fun)
voripteth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #12
Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
Quote:
He'd have to have someone INSIDE to see that. From the time they left Morgan's till they unpacked the weapons, they were inside of duffle bags. He could assume they were weapons, but he couldn't know that.
Probably got the report about the duffle bags and threw the weapons comment out to Rick so he could try and read him. Unless Merle is still on team gov as a double agent.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #13
pmyers

I would disagree about leaving the prison, but considering the current condition of it and the lack of food that they mentioned.....I would agree that leaving probably makes better sense.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #14
sharkster

I have no doubt that the gov has people watching them. I don't think they'd really need to be inside to figure out that those bags were full of guns. A bag of guns looks a lot different than a bag of something else, methinks.

Of course, one might think that it is possible for Merle to be a double-agent. Maybe that's why he's being so 'let's go there and kill him' - to convince them that he's on their side. I don't know, though. I think he'd be more on Daryl's side than the gov's.

I don't think Merle cares that the gov is a sick f*ck because he is one, himself. I think he has other motivations.

Maybe they should knock off the gov and anybody else who gets in the way and take the town for themselves. They can keep the citizens if they don't revolt. It's some nicer digs and they can make it more secure.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #15
MonsterJoe
$('.electric').slide

I think Maryl is more simple than that. His brother is on this side, and the Gov tried to have him killed. He wants the Gov dead.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #16
Mr. Merkin

I can't wait for the scene where Michonne kills the Governor. That is going to be epic!
Mr. Merkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #17
sharkster

I can't wait for the scene where Maggie kills the Governator - In the ballz first.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #18
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:
Oh and for those commenting on Maggie being hot, Google "lauren cohan modeling". She is very hot.
Indeed. She had a recurring role on Supernatural for a few seasons, and I always thought she was incredibly hot.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #19
brianric

Quote:

brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #20
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
For some reason all I could think of was "Han Shot First!" (Not that I am saying the Governor is Han at all).

I liked the episode. Maggie and Glen making out in front of the walkers and then both going 'um' and moving inside was fun.

Herschel chatting with the woodberry guy and saying "You want to see my leg, you haven't even bought me a drink!" was a hoot.

And yes, Daryl tossing the knife past the other guy and into the walker was just awesome!!

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #21
Cainebj

I can't wait for the scene where Andrea kills the Governor - That will be awesome.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #22
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
And yes, Daryl tossing the knife past the other guy and into the walker was just awesome!!
This doesn't give anything away, but it's from The Talking Dead so I will spoilerize it. It's just behind the scenes info.

Spoiler:
The other guy did not care for that scene because he got hit in the head twice by a rubber knife while filming it!

Old 03-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #23
Shaunnick

I can't wait for the Governor to die. It will be awesome, period.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #24
stellie93

Quote:
The only thing about the prison is the huge area of farmland fenced in. More than you're likely to find most places. The inside could be made more comfortable pretty easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
Probably got the report about the duffle bags and threw the weapons comment out to Rick so he could try and read him. Unless Merle is still on team gov as a double agent.
I don't think Merle is a double agent, but even if he was, how could he have gotten a report back to the Gov? I doubt if they let him go out alone.

I kept getting nervous about the gun under the table, and so didn't enjoy the scenes where the others were off on their own like I should have. I wanted them to get back there and guard Rick. And Daryl kept shooting his weapons--arrows, his knife, and I never saw him get them back. It was cool, tho.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #25
MonsterJoe
$('.electric').slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendikarr View Post
They've seen some good ideas for securing a place already.

Find an empty town. Hell maybe go back to Rick's old town.

Find a big box hardware store with plenty of brooms, mops and some barb wire. Sharpen the brooms and mops into spears and build a Morgan defense system.

Behind the spears, begin building sturdier walls and a gate like in Woodbury. Woodbury is just a couple of blocks behind barricades.

Maybe even head to a cemetary and find a back hoe and dig a trench to use as a dry moat. Any walkers that find their way in there get speared in the head with a makeshift polearm, then burned to ash.

My neighborhood would have a vacant lot or two.. or a park that can be farmed.

With a bit of planning they could make a go of it anywhere. This season's first episode has shown us they are skilled at clearing houses quickly.
I like the moat idea. I'm totally stealing that in the event of a Zombie Apocalypse - hope you don't mind.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:02 PM   #26
sharkster

Quote:
This doesn't give anything away, but it's from The Talking Dead so I will spoilerize it. It's just behind the scenes info.

Spoiler:
The other guy did not care for that scene because he got hit in the head twice by a rubber knife while filming it!
That was very cool. I'd love to have seen the outtakes for that scene.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #27
TeddS
Obfuscator

The face off between Rick and the Governor was just a pretext to get the other characters standing outside to bond a bit. That will be the ultimate downfall of the Governor, IMO.

I predict that nobody in particular will get the killing blow on the Governor. He's get eaten by zombies.

Someone should start a pool for betting on various ways the Governor will get it in the end.
TeddS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #28
cheesesteak
Meh.

I spent most of this episode yelling "Shoot that mf'er!" in my head.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #29
MonsterJoe
$('.electric').slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I spent most of this episode yelling "Shoot that mf'er!" in my head.
My GF did, too...

Spoiler:
I didn't have the heart to tell her he's already been signed to another season

Old 03-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #30
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Probably be more effective if they shot that mf'er in HIS head...