Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Once Upon a Time - S2E17 - "Welcome to Storybrooke" - OAD 3/17/2013

As soon as they spent 5 minutes on the father and son, I knew who the son would end up being (since they've been so slow to reveal who he is). Does anyone think the father is still alive? I can't think of anyone we've met that would be him... of course he might get killed next episode.

The "Groundhog Day" sequences were funny, but it's sad how fast Regina got bored with it. 3-4 days, tops? How did she function for 20+ years? And since they established that it was a "Groundhog Day" phenomenon, how did Henry not notice that every day repeated, that no one aged but him, ad nauseum?? I hope that gets explained.

I was seriously LOLing at the porch "kill me now" conversation. Two people who are soooo unhappy right now. Complete with a heart yank and replacement, and almost a "get off my lawn"!

We've seen how many red glowy "hearts" so far, and any dark spots? How did Cora's heart have any red at all? Boohiss on cheap add-on effects.

Good to see the Sheriff back, though the walkie-talkie heart was ridiculous!

As usual, I'm trying to decide how the season will end, since we have about 6 eps left. They might kill off Neal, or have him leave with the fiance. I know we have Belle stories left, so she will probably get her memory back. We saw a previously-seen character in the next week preview, so that character will be important to getting to season end, probably related to the fiance, maybe Belle. My guess for the "season finale big deal" is that magic will be extended past Storybrooke, maybe including a bigger city, courtesy of Regina.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Come join us October 5-12, 2014!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
SnakeVargas

The character of snow white remains such a complete and utter wimp that I was really wishing regina would just kill her off, though I knew she wouldn't. Snow annoys me more every episode. Didn't she have some backbone to her early in the series? She spends most of the episode moping around in bed with an obvious threat to her family, regina, running around unchecked. Then she asks to be killed. Kill her. Please.

Maybe the black spot on the heart will help turn the character into less of an annoying drag on the show.

The kid confused me because I had no idea if it was supposed to be some miscast "young henry". He sounded a lot like Henry. Confused me why his name was "Owen" and why he had a father. Once we saw car-crash-guy run into henry in the woods, I put it together. This feels like a total retcon to me, that car crash guy was not intended to have this backstory behind him when he was first introduced.

I liked the groundhog day sequences, particularly Red's outfits. I think more Red would do the show well.

I also enjoyed seeing the Sheriffe back again. The heart-talki was silly.

I think Owen's father is still around somewhere. I haveno idea why Regina kept him but let Owen go. If you let one go, then let the other go.
SnakeVargas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:24 AM   #3
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I knew the kid wasn't Henry, but he gave Regina the idea that she wanted a kid. Maybe soon we'll see the back story on now Mr. Gold arranged for her to adopt Henry.

As for what happened to the father, maybe Regina turned him into a newt?

Too bad but it seems like they're running out of fairy tale characters to introduce. It used to be each week we'd get a new character based on a well known fairy tale.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #4
JYoung
Series 3

The father probably got tossed into the same hidden asylum that Belle was kept in.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #5
stellie93

Bad memory--did Mr. Gold always know what was going on, or did he "wake up" at some point?

Did we know that if you drove up from outside Storybrook you couldn't see anything? Is the town actually on the road, or is it off to the side? Was it always like that or just since the last change. I know they've always been suspicious of strangers coming into town, but they should have been more worried about them than they were since they had to be fairy tale connected.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #6
Vendikarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
Bad memory--did Mr. Gold always know what was going on, or did he "wake up" at some point?
I'd like to think he always knew, and was lying to Regina in this episode. But if he didn't my guess is he 'woke up' when he heard the name Emma while he was in Granny's bed and breakfast. He definitely recognized it at that moment.
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #7
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeVargas View Post
The kid confused me because I had no idea if it was supposed to be some miscast "young henry". He sounded a lot like Henry. Confused me why his name was "Owen" and why he had a father. Once we saw car-crash-guy run into henry in the woods, I put it together. This feels like a total retcon to me, that car crash guy was not intended to have this backstory behind him when he was first introduced.
Why would you have introduced car crash guy at all if he didn't have a purpose? His story has to do with why Regina wants a kid, the origin of Storybrooke, and probably more. I would expect he and his father were characters on the storyboard from Day 1. It's possible that he drives out there every now and then, looking for his father. And now that the curse is broken, the town exists on the road rather than in another "dimension" or whatever. I'm a bit surprised that it's taken this long (since the beginning of this season) for someone to go down that road... it has to lead somewhere, and there's always someone seeking out unused/hikeable/woodsy areas (geocachers, for one!).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #8
dtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
The "Groundhog Day" sequences were funny, but it's sad how fast Regina got bored with it. 3-4 days, tops? How did she function for 20+ years? And since they established that it was a "Groundhog Day" phenomenon, how did Henry not notice that every day repeated, that no one aged but him, ad nauseum?? I hope that gets explained.
It wasn't a complete "Groundhog Day" because we saw the town was not isolated from the rest of the world. There was a newspaper on President Regan, ads for 80s computer, then using mobiles in modern time.

Henry did noticed the stagnation. That's what made him put the whole thing to together, and go get Emma to town.
dtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:01 PM   #9
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtle View Post
It wasn't a complete "Groundhog Day" because we saw the town was not isolated from the rest of the world. There was a newspaper on President Regan, ads for 80s computer, then using mobiles in modern time.

Henry did noticed the stagnation. That's what made him put the whole thing to together, and go get Emma to town.
I wonder how much he really realized, without help... the book from August, the location of Emma (probably from Gold), etc. I'm sure that's food for another episode or three.