Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-09-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
tivosupport_gen
TiVo Representative

Desktop/TiVo To Go Patch!

Great news!

Our patch is now available for customers to download. This patch will restore the TiVoToGo transfer feature. For more information and instructions on how to apply the patch, please visit our support page http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/...a_id/196#Known.

If you were having trouble prior to February 16th or having trouble with a different feature of TiVo Desktop, this patch is unrelated and may not be applicable.

This patch only applies to TiVo Desktop 2.8.3 for Windows PCs and older versions of TiVo Desktop and other 3rd party applications and devices such as ReadyDLNA devices, Windows Home Server devices, Roxio Toast/Popcorn for Mac may still be incompatible. Until a software update is made available for TiVo DVRs, these 3rd party devices and software may not allow transfers. The availability date for these software updates is still to be determined.\

Thank you again for your patience.

TiVo
tivosupport_gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
solutionsetc

The fix is to update a single string in a file on our TiVos. Why are we still waiting for this?!

Frankly, I ran out of patience some time ago.
solutionsetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by solutionsetc View Post
The fix is to update a single string in a file on our TiVos. Why are we still waiting for this?!.
You don't know TiVo very well. It's not as simple as "changing a string in a file" in the DVR software and sending the patch to our DVRs.

TiVo will want to make sure (at least, I hope) that the patch doesn't cause a problem somewhere else in the software.

Think of how many people would be complaining if the patch broke something else.
I don't expect the DVR software fix for at least another 3 months, and I wouldn't be surprised if that stretches to 6 months due to the upcoming release of the Mini.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #4
solutionsetc

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
You don't know TiVo very well.
I know tivo plenty well, and this IS as simple as changing a simple long integer in the existing code. But I agree with you that their incompetence, lack of in-house resources, and inability to address anything in a timely manner will most likely result in a delay of months before this rolls out.
solutionsetc is offline   Reply With Quote