TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-31-2016, 09:45 AM   #1
ejonesss

anyone have DirectShowDump

anyone have directshow dump?

the original link http://greg_burns.home.comcast.net/DirectShowDump.zip is broken and the way back machine does not archive files.

or is it part of the tivo desktop software?

i am finding that some shows abort the download if i use the kttmg so if i download the tivo files as ts format they download ok.

kttmg does not seem to handle the ts format and pixelation happens every couple seconds.

the reason for an abort is a corrupt stream caused by maybe a bad commercial or something.

if directshow dump is not part of the tivo desktop and was written by someone can you repost it?

if you cant repost it then maybe whoever writes kttmg could add an option to download the stream in reverse as a means to salvage.

oh if i try to resume a broken download then the box locks up and i have to reboot the box.

hint hint tivo if your developers are reading the forums you maybe fix that bug or add an option to download in reverse

ejonesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 09:51 AM   #2
moyekj

kmttg (note the proper name) has both tivolibre, DSD and VideoRedo options for decrypting TS TiVo files as well as option to download in PS or TS containers. Check config--Program Options for decrypt related options.

And note that DSD relies on at least a partial TiVo Desktop installation in order to work. That's not necessary using tivolibre.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 09:57 AM   #3
ejonesss

i tried those options and that still gave the same result.

i am on a mac but willing to set up a windows session specifically for tivo downloading of broken downloads.

on the mac i do have toast witch has tivo converter but it is limited to 640/480 but i dont know if that is the internal decoder or toast downscaling.

i also have roxio video player and maybe some mac people out there know what files to point kttmg to so so i can get the ts to work.

Old 01-31-2016, 10:03 AM   #4
moyekj

If tivolibre is failing to properly decrypt a TS TiVo file then post in this thread and upload a TS .TiVo file sample somewhere and the author will take a look and fix it:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=531700
(And note that you are still spelling kmttg wrong)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:15 AM   #5
ejonesss

the files are usually 50 gig it happens on a run that is 10 hours

it maybe possible for me to use something like split and concat to say cut off the first gig or few megs and send just the first few megs but i dont know if you need all 50 gigs or just a small portion.

also do i post to this thread or the link you provided?

i want to dive into directshow dump to see if that helps.

but is directshow dump part of the desktop software or can i just point kmttg to one of the decoders that is part of roxio video player?

Old 01-31-2016, 10:59 AM   #6
moyekj

DSD is a Windows only program that needs at least a partial TiVo Desktop installation to work.
tivolibre is built into kmttg.jar so no need to install it separately for use in kmttg.

Old 01-31-2016, 11:16 AM   #7
ejonesss

so when i update the tools and kmttg it gets the latest build from https://github.com/fflewddur/tivolibre/releases ?

if not then how do i install that jar so i can use it or can i point kmttg to use that jar?

if not then suggestion: next version of kmttg it would be nice to have an option to point kmttg to an external decoder.

Old 01-31-2016, 11:24 AM   #8
moyekj

The current kmttg has the latest version of tivolibre built in, so attempting to update it with latest tivolibre won't do anything. If you really want you can always use tivolibre in standalone mode as per the instructions at tivolibre web page. But if tivolibre via kmttg is not working right for you then the standalone run won't work either until the author updates it to fix latest reported problems. The best you can do now is provide a TS .TiVo sample to the author in the thread I pointed you to so he can look into the problem.

Old 01-31-2016, 04:25 PM   #9
ejonesss

the corruption is still happening i found a sample that is only 8 gig

do you know of any sites where i can upload the file to that can handle large files or any way to segment the file?

Old 01-31-2016, 04:46 PM   #10
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejonesss View Post
the corruption is still happening i found a sample that is only 8 gig

do you know of any sites where i can upload the file to that can handle large files or any way to segment the file?
If corruption happens right at the start of the file you can probably just truncate it to make a small sample, for example to create a 100MB sample from command line:
head -c 100M orig.TiVo >truncated.TiVo

Old 02-01-2016, 08:25 AM   #11
ejonesss

the corruption goes every few seconds repeatedly.

Old 02-01-2016, 09:52 AM   #12
moyekj

So using the above "head" command I gave should be fine to generate a small sample.

Old 02-01-2016, 11:10 AM   #13
ejonesss

where do i post the file to?

youtube wont take tivo files and i dont know of any drop sites that are the least painful to use as far as captchas and sinups and logins go.

update: i am now trying workupload.com

they allow 500 meg

incase the developer checks here more than on bug site

http://workupload.com/file/FlvfmPxo

Last edited by ejonesss; 02-01-2016 at 11:36 AM. Reason: to add more info update
Old 02-01-2016, 11:33 AM   #14
moyekj

I use google drive.

Old 02-01-2016, 11:48 AM   #15
ejonesss

i found a site as listed in the link it is very simple and allows anonymous uploading so no logins or captchas or any junk like that.

Old 02-01-2016, 12:12 PM   #16
moyekj

You should post your video sample link in the "Java port of TivoDecode" thread and PM fflewddur your 10 digit MAK so he can take a look. He's posting an updated tivolibre by tonight to fix issue for another user, so could be the fix might work for yours too.