TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-18-2015, 07:47 AM   #1
BH9244

Re-Awaking Tivo Server on Laptop

I have recordings that have been transferred off my tivos onto a laptop which has Tivo Desktop Installed. When the laptop is initially booted up the folder is visible on the tivos however if the laptop is idle and goes to sleep when it is brought back up the folder is oftentimes not visible to the tivos. Short of going through a full reboot of the laptop is their a way to ensure the TiVo server also resumes on wakeup ?.

BH9244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:40 PM   #2
HarperVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH9244 View Post
I have recordings that have been transferred off my tivos onto a laptop which has Tivo Desktop Installed. When the laptop is initially booted up the folder is visible on the tivos however if the laptop is idle and goes to sleep when it is brought back up the folder is oftentimes not visible to the tivos. Short of going through a full reboot of the laptop is their a way to ensure the TiVo server also resumes on wakeup ?.
I just right click on the task bar icon, pause TiVo server, then resume it when it does this on my desktop PC.

Last edited by HarperVision; 02-19-2015 at 04:03 AM..
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:46 PM   #3
BH9244

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperVision View Post
I just right click on the task bar icon, pause TiVo server, then resume it when it does this on my desktop PC.
I don't seem to see a task bar icon for Tivo Server, if I open up Task Manager I see it as a running process but don't see an option to Pause/Resume only End ?. Running Win 7 and Tivo Desktop 2.8.412.370

Old 02-20-2015, 02:15 AM   #4
HarperVision

Quote:
I don't seem to see a task bar icon for Tivo Server, if I open up Task Manager I see it as a running process but don't see an option to Pause/Resume only End ?. Running Win 7 and Tivo Desktop 2.8.412.370
Sorry, I'm talking about the little TiVo guy icon in the bottom right of your screen. Right click on that an you'll see the options.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:13 PM   #5
BH9244

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperVision View Post
Sorry, I'm talking about the little TiVo guy icon in the bottom right of your screen. Right click on that an you'll see the options.

Thanks I'm familiar with what you are referring to from prior PCs I had TivoDesktop installed on but on this system there is no such icon either appearing in the bottom right nor in the pop box with the overflow icons ?.

Old 02-21-2015, 12:38 AM   #6
HarperVision

Quote:
Thanks I'm familiar with what you are referring to from prior PCs I had TivoDesktop installed on but on this system there is no such icon either appearing in the bottom right nor in the pop box with the overflow icons ?.
Try opening the program and look in its preferences menu.

Old 02-21-2015, 12:15 PM   #7
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Short of going through a full reboot of the laptop is their a way to ensure the TiVo server also resumes on wakeup ?.
Turn off sleep on the laptop. Servers don't sleep. Sleep it manually when you don't need to use it as a server.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:19 PM   #8
oscarfish

I lose my Tivo Desktop icon sometimes. When that happens, I manually start or stop or restart the server by running the Tivo Desktop app. If the server is not currently running, then I use Services -> Restart Tivo Server. If the server is running but having trouble for some reason, then I stop it via Services -> TiVo Server Properties -> Exit. That stops the server then I restart it like above.

oscarfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 06:19 PM   #9
telemark

The plex forum has some solutions that might be usable on Tivo Desktop.

https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/top...ng-from-sleep/

telemark is offline   Reply With Quote