TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-25-2014, 03:14 PM   #1
pnolans

kmttg does not CONVERT on *.tivo files on my PC

Hi,

I have about 1.5 TB of *.tivo files. I seem to hate to get rid of old TV shows.
I would like to drop my tivo subscription, and convert all of these files to some more usable format.
Something readable by windows media player and /or quicktime. I prefer WMP.

I've been trying to use kmttg, but don't seem to be able to get the right combination of options.

To be clear: KMTTG works FINE for copying and converting files that are still on my tivo.

I'm having trouble converting the ones that have been copied to my PC using Tivo Desktop.

I saw a note in another thread about NOT using "Fast Transfer". It turns out that that box was checked in my Tivo Desktop.

I assume that once my tivo subscription is dropped, I will not be able to watch the *.tivo files ... so, I'm trying to convert them.

I hope someone can help. Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Pat
pnolans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:22 PM   #2
pnolans

Here's one of the error logs:

>> ENCODING WITH PROFILE 'ff_h264_med_rate' TO FILE E:\ExecSW\kmttg_v1p0r\Castle - ''A Chill Goes Through Her Veins'' (Recorded Apr 22, 2014, TNTHD).mp4 ...
E:\ExecSW\kmttg_v1p0r\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe -y -i "E:\ExecSW\kmttg_v1p0r\Castle - ''A Chill Goes Through Her Veins'' (Recorded Apr 22, 2014, TNTHD).mpg" -threads 8 -vcodec libx264 -coder 0 -level 41 -qscale 1 -subq 6 -me_range 16 -qmin 10 -qmax 50 -g 300 -bufsize 14745k -b 2000k -maxrate 16000k -me_method epzs -trellis 2 -mbd 1 -acodec copy -f mp4 "E:\ExecSW\kmttg_v1p0r\Castle - ''A Chill Goes Through Her Veins'' (Recorded Apr 22, 2014, TNTHD).mp4"
encoding failed (exit code: 1 ) - check command: E:\ExecSW\kmttg_v1p0r\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe -y -i "E:\ExecSW\kmttg_v1p0r\Castle - ''A Chill Goes Through Her Veins'' (Recorded Apr 22, 2014, TNTHD).mpg" -threads 8 -vcodec libx264 -coder 0 -level 41 -qscale 1 -subq 6 -me_range 16 -qmin 10 -qmax 50 -g 300 -bufsize 14745k -b 2000k -maxrate 16000k -me_method epzs -trellis 2 -mbd 1 -acodec copy -f mp4 "E:\ExecSW\kmttg_v1p0r\Castle - ''A Chill Goes Through Her Veins'' (Recorded Apr 22, 2014, TNTHD).mp4"
ffmpeg version N-53033-g56ba331 Copyright (c) 2000-2013 the FFmpeg developers
built on May 13 2013 22:18:29 with gcc 4.7.3 (GCC)
configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-w32threads --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-fontconfig --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls --enable-iconv --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libcaca --enable-libfreetype --enable-libgsm --enable-libilbc --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib
libavutil 52. 31.100 / 52. 31.100
libavcodec 55. 9.100 / 55. 9.100
libavformat 55. 7.100 / 55. 7.100
libavdevice 55. 0.100 / 55. 0.100
libavfilter 3. 65.100 / 3. 65.100
libswscale 2. 3.100 / 2. 3.100
libswresample 0. 17.102 / 0. 17.102
libpostproc 52. 3.100 / 52. 3.100
[mp3 @ 043489a0] Format mp3 detected only with low score of 1, misdetection possible!
[mp3 @ 00377880] Header missing
Last message repeated 1 times
[mp3 @ 043489a0] decoding for stream 0 failed
[mp3 @ 043489a0] Could not find codec parameters for stream 0 (Audio: mp1 (mp3), 0 channels, s16p): unspecified frame size
Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options
E:\ExecSW\kmttg_v1p0r\Castle - ''A Chill Goes Through Her Veins'' (Recorded Apr 22, 2014, TNTHD).mpg: could not find codec parameters
Old 04-25-2014, 03:22 PM   #3
moedaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnolans View Post
Hi,

I have about 1.5 TB of *.tivo files. I seem to hate to get rid of old TV shows.
I would like to drop my tivo subscription, and convert all of these files to some more usable format.
Something readable by windows media player and /or quicktime. I prefer WMP.

I've been trying to use kmttg, but don't seem to be able to get the right combination of options.

To be clear: KMTTG works FINE for copying and converting files that are still on my tivo.

I'm having trouble converting the ones that have been copied to my PC using Tivo Desktop.

I saw a note in another thread about NOT using "Fast Transfer". It turns out that that box was checked in my Tivo Desktop.

I assume that once my tivo subscription is dropped, I will not be able to watch the *.tivo files ... so, I'm trying to convert them.

I hope someone can help. Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Pat
You would still be able to watch them through Windows Media Player on your pc. I installed Tivo Desktop on four different pc's. I can watch those recordings though my network on them, or even put them on a portable hdd to watch on the road.

I too found out the hard way about "fast transfer". Luckily, I have about 20 - 30 recordings that cannot be converted.
moedaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:19 PM   #4
moyekj

tivodecode can't decrypt these. Assuming you are on Windows platform if you configure kmttg for VideoRedo then it can handle them. If you don't have VideoRedo you can sign up for a fully functional trial version.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:21 AM   #5
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
tivodecode can't decrypt these. Assuming you are on Windows platform if you configure kmttg for VideoRedo then it can handle them. If you don't have VideoRedo you can sign up for a fully functional trial version.
This is what I would suggest. VideoReDo works with .tivo files that have been transferred using the "fast" method. The added benefit will be that you can edit the commercials out of the recordings you want to convert.
IIRC, the free trial period lasts for 15 days. If that is not enough time, I can assure you that VideoReDo is well worth the price.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:43 AM   #6
pnolans

I've been using VideoRedo. It looks like the right solution for me.

Thanks to everyone for their help!

Pat