TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-20-2015, 12:21 AM   #1
trendtimer

pyTivo with Roamio OTA questions.

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to use pyTivo with my new Roamio OTA.

Questions.
1. From the pyTivo server web page, I can select Movies and then click the "Sent To Tivo" button. When I push this button, the movies are apparently added to a queue to be pushed, but I see no way to tell what the status is, or what files have been pushed. Shouldn't this work better than it apparently does?

2. Despite the lack of transfer status on my PC, I am able to see the "My Movies" folder on my Tivo. That's progress! But when I click on a movie, it still forces me to start the transfer of the movie before I can watch it. Is there no way to really force moves to be transferred fully so I can skip this step? After starting the transfer of 1 movie, it wouldn't let me watch another until the first one finished transferring...which might become irritating.

3. When I watch one of the movies I pushed (a 1080p.BluRay.x264.mp4 file) it looks all blocky and garbled. It seems like a codec/transcoding issue of some kind. Another one looked just fine, but unless I can get everything to play propertly, pyTivo probably isn't worth my time. I'd rather not got back to using Chromecast.

I could be making a newbie mistake, but I've searched around a bit and haven't found answers to these questions. Thanks for your help!

trendtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:36 AM   #2
jcthorne

Did you update the config file with you MAK, tivo.com username and password? These are required to push video to your tivo.

Need the txt output from the pytivo command line interface box or the log file contents to know what is going on with a transfer. The txt interface box should also be telling you what is happening as it progresses. Do not run pytivo as a service until you have it working 100%.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:38 AM   #3
trendtimer

Most of my problems seem to be resolved, I'm now seeing auto-transfer working from both pyTivo and Tivo Desktop. At least some of the time. I'm using the pyTivo auto push v0.1d to automate the transfers. Unlike before it seems that the shows are getting fully transferred which lets me watch them from my tivo Minis. But I'm still having an issue.

Has anyone managed to get either pyTivo or Tivo Desktop working with a VPN? It seems that my VPN (and possibly also my Norton 360 Firewall) are causing the PC clients to not see my Tivo boxes. This is not great surprised, but I'd sure love to figure out how to get this working with the VPN and Firewall.

If anyone is doing this successfully, can you share your secrets?

trendtimer is offline   Reply With Quote