TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-07-2013, 08:28 AM   #1
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Seinfeld - Lost Episode shown locally in NY last night

I remember years ago, there was some controversy with the episode "The Puerto Rican Day Parade" and it was pulled out so syndication. I'm a pretty regular watch of the show in syndication and last night, for the first time I can remember since the original run, they showed that episode. I believe it was the penultimate episode of the series (if you don't included the clip show that aired prior to the finale). It was weird in that I remembered very little about the episode, and, in hindsight it just wasn't all that funny. It was almost as if I was watching it as a new episode.

Does anyone else recall seeing it played in syndication at their location? Does TBS play it? I wonder why it was put back in the rotation?
Old 03-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
jjd_87

I remember this one as being pretty was funny. I specifically remember Jerry, Kramer and George all trying to get into an apartment using their fake names (Art Vandelay and H.E. Pennypacker). That and Jerrys car being destroyed and Kramer accidentally catching the flag on fire.

I know I've seen that one on tv. Since I didn't really get into the show till after it had ended it's run, it must have been on TBS or maybe one of the local stations.

Last edited by jjd_87 : 03-07-2013 at 08:42 AM.
jjd_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #3
DougF

I've seen it in syndication. I don't think it was pulled for very long. Probably just long enough for the manufactured controversy to die off.
DougF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #4
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougF View Post
I've seen it in syndication. I don't think it was pulled for very long. Probably just long enough for the manufactured controversy to die off.
I've been watching Seinfeld episodes in syndication here in NY since they started and this is the first time I can remember them showing it here. Maybe the controversy is just something local (being that NYC has a large Puerto Rican population) I think if I recall it had to do with the scene where Kramer burns the flag.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #5
cmontyburns
Excellent.

My TiVo catches Seinfeld several times per week as a suggestion, and I know I've seen this ep in the list from time to time.
cmontyburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #6
max99

From wikipedia:

Quote:
Because of controversy surrounding a scene in which Cosmo Kramer accidentally burns and then stomps on the Puerto Rican flag, NBC refused to show it again and it was not initially part of the syndicated package. In the summer of 2002, the episode started to appear with the flag-burning sequence intact. On certain channels, such as TBS, the episode continued not to air, until October 8, 2012.

max99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:32 AM   #7
sharkster

I, too, have seen it in syndication but it's been a while. That said, I haven't been watching for the last few years. I reached my saturation point, after having seen every episode 10 or 15 times. Nothing against the show. I just get bored and move on a lot. I watched M*A*S*H for many years and just stopped one day and never went back - along with Seinfeld, one of the best shows ever.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #8
VegasVic
Craps Player

Yeah I remember when they pulled it but it's been shown here for the past few years in the regular rotation. One of my least favorite eps
Old 03-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #9
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Wasn't it the next to the last episode?
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #10
bigpuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
Wasn't it the next to the last episode?
No, it was the penultimate. Didn't you read the OP?
bigpuma is offline   Reply With Quote